WVHillbilly520H

My other Red tractor

Horse Newbie

Wish I had some snow to move, but I don't want to move closer to the North Pole !

Let me add " as soon as I get my 520H back in service"

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead

Seem it works pretty fairly well, also on Slushy (Wet) Snow...

Ok about the Cabin i prefer a hard Windscreen but that‘s my personal taste.

Cool Gadgets for the Tracta.

The best is, you have the snow immediately far away instead of Plow...

I have to Thinkering about that.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

you have the snow immediately far away instead of Plow.

That's why we have the walk behind snowblower. 

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Seem it works pretty fairly well, also on Slushy (Wet) Snow...

Ok about the Cabin i prefer a hard Windscreen but that‘s my personal taste.

Cool Gadgets for the Tracta.

The best is, you have the snow immediately far away instead of Plow...

I have to Thinkering about that.

Hard cab/windscreen for my tractor is a permanent fixture and like $3000+, this was $500 easy on and off now.

• Like 1

Pollack Pete
12 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I might have miscalculated the moisture content of this snow a bit, even though it did good, the slush at the end of the drive from the DOT clogged the chute a couple times, didn't help the ground wasn't frozen and the soft clay soil was getting picked up along with grass either, definitely needed the rear blade for traction and ballast weight. Cab kept me dry and fairly warm has vents at the top of both sides keeps the fumes and fogging to a minimum. Here is the evidence.

20210131_150512.jpg

20210131_150515.jpg

20210131_150522.jpg

20210131_150524.jpg

So other than the chute clogging a couple times,it did OK?Mine has only plugged a couple times in the 4 years that I've owned it.I find that when I get into the real slushy stuff,I have to slow down to a crawl.Plus I always keep the engine RPM's up pretty high when using the blower.I think that as you use it and experiment a little,you'll learn the little tricks to tune right in for effecient snow removal.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pollack Pete

I might have miscalculated the moisture content of this snow a bit, even though it did good, the slush at the end of the drive from the DOT clogged the chute a couple times, didn't help the ground wasn't frozen and the soft clay soil was getting picked up along with grass either, definitely needed the rear blade for traction and ballast weight. Cab kept me dry and fairly warm has vents at the top of both sides keeps the fumes and fogging to a minimum. Here is the evidence.

20210131_150512.jpg

20210131_150515.jpg

20210131_150522.jpg

20210131_150524.jpg

So other than the chute clogging a couple times,it did OK?Mine has only plugged a couple times in the 4 years that I've owned it.I find that when I get into the real slushy stuff,I have to slow down to a crawl.Plus I always keep the engine RPM's up pretty high when using the blower.I think that as you use it and experiment a little,you'll learn the little tricks to tune right in for effecient snow removal.

Pollack Pete

20210131_150512.jpg

20210131_150515.jpg

20210131_150522.jpg

20210131_150524.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

My tractor is gear drive, for most of the time I was in Lo range second @ 3000 rpm, I don't have an overrunning clutch so when I go to stop with the clutch depressed the PTO disengages until I kick it in neutral let clutch back out and let the blower run to empty itself, then on occasion next to the main highway I didn't always get to do that and then it clogged up, and as I use it more I will learn its tricks, also the those "lawyer" fingers (stone deflector wires may be coming off/out as well, thank you for your input greatly appreciated. 

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Pollack Pete
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

also the those "lawyer" fingers (stone deflector wires may be coming off/out as well, thank you for your input greatly appreciated. 

I've thought many times about removing those lawyer fingers too.They DO attract slushy snow.My Emax 25 has hydro drive and an electric clutch for the PTO.You'll have to learn a whole bunch of new tricks with yours.I'm surprised there's so many differences between Mahindra 22 and 25.Learn something new every day.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

@WHX24, @ebinmaine, @Horse Newbie, @953 nut, @Ed Kennell, @JCM, @pullstart, @Pollack Pete

Today I tried out the snow plow as this was a very wet and heavy snow more so than last Sunday, some videos for your entertainment... Wish I would have gotten a couple from inside the cab while "rolling" the snow , it did so fairly well but even with 4wd that big ole blade and wet heavy snow will push the tractor side ways (chains on all 4 may be in the future?)  

20210207_104710.jpg

20210207_104715.jpg

16127210683433312407505618940269.jpg

16127211062143072587246080702629.jpg

16127211235485263680172073472979.jpg

161272114448446308696327111246.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

snow plow

Looks fantastic!

Pushes strong. 

I'd venture to say that was a winner!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pollack Pete

That IS a snow plowing machine.Looks like it did a great job.Only about 1 inch here today.Just went out and shoveled a path to the chicken coop.VERY icy underneath from a little melting the last couple days.

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks fantastic!

Pushes strong. 

I'd venture to say that was a winner!

1 hour ago, Pollack Pete said:

That IS a snow plowing machine.Looks like it did a great job

This is why we have both, plow and blower, this machine and the :wh:'s you just never know what Mother Nature will blow your way, and just for the record, the Horses aren't going anywhere, gotta have back ups, right @WHX24?

• Like 3

ebinmaine
46 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

gotta have back ups, right @WHX24

And backups for your backups for your backups. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

gotta have back ups, right @WHX24?

Got that right ....Murphys law yer gonna have problems when you need it most. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

Woke up to this today already...

20210212_053750.jpg

20210212_053339.jpg

20210212_054020.jpg

• Like 3