WHX??

4411 to PAR LED Headlight Swap Out.

Skipper

Thanks guys:-)

• Like 1

WHX??

Andy also did this conversion with excellent results. Read about it here...

AndyK149

The rears are a fairly standard surface mount trailer light.  I have a link to a set in my thread but you can get these anywhere. 

I see some talk about longevity of LEDs being a concern.  I can't really opine on that yet.  If one does burn out, I'll just buy a new one.  They are not very expensive.

It would be nice to try different versions of the bulbs: spot, flood, blue vs. warm white.  I don't have the time, resources or need to do that and can just reiterate that I am really happy with the fronts and rears that i purchased.  

• Like 2

WHX??
17 minutes ago, AndyK149 said:

It would be nice to try different versions of the bulbs:

Agreed

• Like 2

timo4352
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, WHX20 said:

Did a nite test tonite and were just as illuminating as the OEMs if not a tad more. The 3k color is much like the 4411's. Unfortunately the tall chute blocks quite a bit of the light and the fact that the bezels block abit of light as well, leds and originals alike. Like putting a round peg in a square hole! Going to swap them out to the short chute tractor for more tests. I don't need lighting on the main sno chucker (short chute till the deuce ship comes in) as the cab lights will land an airplane but for after dusk tub rides in the summer for the kids & love rides with the Missus  might be just the ticket. I believe I have seen these offered up to 70 watt equivalent. Some more research is in order.

Lately,I have been contemplating getting rid of those rectangular headlight bezels, cutting and welding in some round tubing in to the hood instead.

For a different look and more light.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

WHX21

Jim:  I still want to see the heated steering wheel !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Whatever you guys do DON'T  buy the the replacements  I had originally posted they are obviously junk and had both go out. Forget about the warranty.

Trying something different now and will keep you posted on results. 

A tractor I had scored from @dclarke has got some nice ones in it but somewhat blocked by the tall chute. Top of cab lights to install as well. Perhaps Denny will chime in on his sorcery of where he got them.

Since it seems like most of my snow moving gets done after the salt mine and nite plowing and good lights are a priority.  

Will do a product review. 

20210203_174031.jpg

20210203_174103.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, WHX24 said:

good lights are a priority

For what? You like to see stuff?

Just go forward til it sounds expensive and back off. Then start a new path. 

Trina and I were out clearing the yard last evening. I'm running the snowblower which has its own light. 

She's tooling around on Pigpen happy as a little girl. 

I realized it was getting dark....

We're so used to plowing at night she didn't even turn on the lights I put in a few weeks ago... 

I flipped the switch and she uhhh... Lit up. :scared-shocked:

dclarke
12 hours ago, WHX24 said:

A tractor I had scored from @dclarke has got some nice ones in it but somewhat blocked by the tall chute. Top of cab lights to install as well. Perhaps Denny will chime in on his sorcery of where he got them.

20210203_174031.jpg

20210203_174103.jpg

Jim, I can't remember where I got those lights. I'm hoping the receipt for them is in all the paperwork I gave to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, dclarke said:

hoping the receipt for them is in all the paperwork I gave to you.

Nope....I looked... twice now and I have them all neatly unorganized in a binder.....:lol:

• Haha 2

dclarke
3 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Nope....I looked... twice now and I have them all neatly unorganized in a binder.....:lol:

I got them on the Internet, Jim. That’s about as much as I remember. Lol

• Haha 1

WHX??

good  POOR quality.

Edit & update: 2/4/21

They did not last long and what warranty!?!? :(

Edited by WHX24

WHX??

I had to pull the deuce, the one eyed bandit,  in for a quick skid adjust and threw one of new PAR 36's in the one that was blown. I got tired of the missus saying hey...you got a headlight out... even tho ther are aircraft landing lights on it. 

Heck of a difference, a much more brighter 5k light.  Pic no good but will get some more when I do the garage door & road test.  These are real close to what you used Denny... maybe even brighter. Specs, amp draw and more pics forthcoming.

BTW  @dclarke I worked the snot out of your tractor tonight .... a good 8" here and performed flawless..... I even had to ditch the deuce in favor of yours visibility problems in the deuce as it got dark out and the plastic windshield.  

Wet stuff but as it cooled off turned to powder. I finally got the bugs worked out of Matt's pedal..... binding on top of the cam plate & pedal hitting the cab support. 

20210204_171120.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2

seuadr

I know this is an old thread, but i wanted to bump it to say that i replaced the headlamps and it is WAYY better. while i was on the superbrightled website, i also bought replacement rears and a flashing module for them. 

Lights

Flasher

one flasher is sufficient for both lights so i have a total of about 15 dollars into this. the LED tail lights are also sealed, so i anticipate no moisture problems with them.

• Excellent 5

DennisThornton
5 minutes ago, seuadr said:

I know this is an old thread, but i wanted to bump it to say that i replaced the headlamps and it is WAYY better. while i was on the superbrightled website, i also bought replacement rears and a flashing module for them. 

Lights

Flasher

one flasher is sufficient for both lights so i have a total of about 15 dollars into this. the LED tail lights are also sealed, so i anticipate no moisture problems with them.

There's some junk out there but overall LEDs are the way to go!  And the prices have come down enough to make that path far less painful than not long ago.

• Like 1

seuadr
5 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

There's some junk out there but overall LEDs are the way to go!  And the prices have come down enough to make that path far less painful than not long ago.

i've had good luck with superbright's stuff. no DOAs and when i did have a problem with a power supply (i've used then a LOT of aquarium lighting) they were very good about getting me a replacement. 

I figure, for 5 bucks, it was a cheap gamble. :)

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, seuadr said:

i've had good luck with superbright's stuff. no DOAs and when i did have a problem with a power supply (i've used then a LOT of aquarium lighting) they were very good about getting me a replacement. 

What tire chains do you have there? A this seems to be a hot topic as well lately.

• Like 2

DennisThornton
1 minute ago, seuadr said:

Yes, I think SuperBright is first rate!  I bought elsewhere at first and that's how I found the junk!  Found some good stuff elsewhere too, but did by stuff that burned out in no time or wasn't much better than filaments.  Prices have come down in recent years!

seuadr
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

What tire chains do you have there? A this seems to be a hot topic as well lately.

well, i have a drive that ends at the bottom of a hill and tends to freeze in place after the plow trucks have graciously shared the road's snow with me.. so i went full out and got an "H" pattern V bar with twisted links:

like this:

image.png.468c55c645a13c09930f2b008566c164.png

image.png.4b62fcff561127c322b184b29924eabd.png

although i haven't had any luck finding the website i bought them from a couple years ago (didn't blow snow at ALL last year!) they have been AWESOME this year. I put oversized ag tires on, filled those 80% with RV antifreeze and then also put cement wheel weights in. has been a huge change for me trying to get traction in that crud at the end of my driveway

• Excellent 5

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, seuadr said:

Lights

Flasher

So the lights are awesome. 

The tire chains are awesome. 

But the music...... Halestorm....?

seuadr
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

So the lights are awesome. 

The tire chains are awesome. 

But the music...... Halestorm....?

i didn't even realize that it recorded audio - glad i didn't say anything stupid :D

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
Just now, seuadr said:

i didn't even realize that it recorded audio - glad i didn't say anything stupid :D

If that's Lizzie Hale blasting away in the background I commend you!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

I can see Pullstart taught someone the finer points of taking a thread  :text-offtopic: :lol: 

Gotta like the chains tho seuadr :handgestures-thumbupright:... I didn't have an asphalt drive I would have me a set of those ice eating monsters. Do me some burnouts and have some cubes for a :occasion-xmas: :D

They are not quite like diamond chains but close. Here might be a place to score those... Tire Chains-Best Snow Chains-TireChains.com

Ok back to lights.... I put some cab lights on Denny, 520H # 4, Didn't quite like the way @dclarke had it wired, was worried about too much draw. So made some improvements. 

Made a custom switch panel and mounted it up in the cab corner like 520 # 1. Three switches for front, rear & flasher.  Don't ask me why I used lighted guarded switches ... cool factor I guess and easier to operate with gloved hands? Nawww... cool factor! Did I mention I'm an idiot for idiot lights!?!? 

:) They was really cheap on fleabay 15 clams for five or so. Chinese made I'm sure but was surprised by the quality. 

20210220_132327[1].jpg

20210207_105041.jpg

20210220_133209[1].jpg

20210220_122355.jpg

Edited by WHX24
speeling
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse

4in LEDs for the head lights in 314-8 

20200605_171604.jpg

20200605_172005.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Here's the proof of the pudding .... @lynnmor obviously did some number crunching with Mr. Ohm and advised at 420 watts for the fronts and 60w a piece for the rears it would exceed the 20 amps of a 520 charging system. DMM told the truth. With all cab lights running. The flasher was hard to measure because of the intermittent draw of the flashing but was well under an amp. The first pic is just the lights of the switches. 2nd pic every thing on at full power. A paltry  8.5 amps. 

You eagle eyes might notice something odd about pics 3 and 4 my last post ... double dog ya to see what's going on. 

Don't mind the cracked DMM..... Squonk dropped it off a 10 ft. ladder when he was sticking his head somewhere where it didn't belong...:lol:

20210220_122018.jpg

20210220_122156.jpg