Hoppy Rabbit

B-100 Automatic Headlight Housing And Wiring

Hoppy Rabbit

I went to a wheel horse show in PA and picked up a B-100 Automatic. I restored and cleaned it up after I brought it home. It had everything except the Headlights. I got a lense and looked online for the housing and cable. I found one on ebay except it was $67 plus shipping. It didn't even have all the parts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265133794229?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dhBhG47STyW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY.I was just wondering if there is anywhere to get a cheaper one with all the parts so I can finish it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

20220630_112900.jpg

Edited by Hoppy Rabbit
  • Like 1

rjg854

Try posting an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds usually people have spare parts that they'll part with.

:WRS:

• Like 1

squonk

What do you mean by cable? Is it the wire?

roadapples

:WRS:

• Thanks 1

Hoppy Rabbit
2 hours ago, squonk said:

What do you mean by cable? Is it the wire?

Yeah it's wiring. I have wiring from the switch but need the connection from the headlight housing that I don't have.

Achto
9 hours ago, Hoppy Rabbit said:

I have wiring from the switch but need the connection from the headlight housing that I don't have.

Male bullet connectors on the wire coming from each headlight socket. Male bullet connector on the wire coming from the switch to the headlights. Female "Y" bullet connector to put them all together just behind the grill of the hood.

https://www.amazon.com/Pico-1882QT-Electrical-Connect-Package/dp/B00030CTLU/ref=asc_df_B00030CTLU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385553892364&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3467330066593755979&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019446&hvtargid=pla-840521713836&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=80170967178&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385553892364&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3467330066593755979&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019446&hvtargid=pla-840521713836

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hoppy Rabbit
11 hours ago, Achto said:

Thanks for telling where I should get the wiring. I dont have the housing though. I didnt mention that very well. I put a link on the top about the ebay part.

Edited by Hoppy Rabbit
  • Like 1

Achto
28 minutes ago, Hoppy Rabbit said:

I dont have the housing though.

Here is one that I found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265133794229?hash=item3dbb34a3b5:g:QRIAAOSwol5ggckc

It's missing the terminals/pig tails for the sockets though.

New Pig tails.

https://www.amazon.com/Grand-General-92803-Light-Pigtail/dp/B07GD9JWVW/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=1156%2Bpigtail&qid=1657113652&sr=8-8&th=1

Better option may be to call A to Z & see if he has what you need,

https://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 1

Hoppy Rabbit

I went to a tractor show and found someone who had a housing. I'm having it mailed to me. :text-thankyouyellow:

1658080438524231793292936191321.jpg

Edited by Hoppy Rabbit

Hoppy Rabbit

All Done! :handgestures-thumbupright:

20220808_130437.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

rjg854

If you actually use the tractor at night, try some 1156 LED bulbs in there, you'll be shocked at the difference they make.

• Thanks 1

Hoppy Rabbit

Yeah I might change them :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Wheel Horse 3D
      By Wheel Horse 3D
      Our headlight bezel and lens are available with customized 3d logo, and feature a replaceable plexiglass lens, that can be ordered frosted or clear. You can even replace the lens with a different color such as yellow for blowing snow.
      The logo can be customized to match our ornaments with 3 different heads and 3 different wheels, and can be sent out unfiinished or custom painted. Can be ordered here:Wheel Horse Headlight lens, C series style leave us a note under"personalization" as to your lens type and any custom paint requirements.

• Bill Murray
      By Bill Murray
      Looking for a replacement headlight assembly. I just bought a 520XI with a snowblower and I’m looking to fix the broken headlight before winter. Not sure if anybody knows of anybody selling one. I’ve been looking for a few months now. Thanks for any help.
    • 608KEB
      By 608KEB
      I have a 1974 B-100 Hydro short frame. Does anyone know the belt length or part number for the mule drive belt. I want to use a 42" side discharge mower deck.
    • Tj_WH_Collector
      By Tj_WH_Collector
      Hello y'all,

I hope everyone is staying safe and staying healthy. If not, i pray that you or whoever is afflicted be healed soon. 

I hope to learn a lot from the forums and hopefully can use some of you young whipper snappers for your brains (ideas, how to's and such). Lol. Btw i am only 30, much respect for the older generation(s)!

For me, well... If i would have found this 5-6 years ago, i would have said I am new to Wheel Horse. That is about the time my dad bought the 312-8 (that i now own). That purchase and talking to my dad about implements/attachments that i could purchase is what got me so interested in wheel horse. 

Like i mentioned, i started with a 312-8. When i purchased from my dad, it came with a mower pan and a snowblower (wrong model tho). Wisconsin winters were brutal and a regular snowblower was taking me 2+ hours to clear the driveway. Thats when i bought my B-100, included in that deal was a mower pan and a plow. Boy... that B-100 has plowed a lot of snow. I love it. 

I had also bought 2 lack luster tillers at some auctions. Well, that made me look for a tiller attachment. Found one relatively close and went to go look. $200 later, i had a tiller loaded into my truck and i had asked if he had the tillers mount for the rear axle. He said he wasnt sure, but he has a wheel horse sitting in the back. Told me to go look. 

I look over this 854, and there is no rear mount. Just as im getting up, he asks if i want the tractor. I said i only got the $200 i gave you. He said free of charge. And thats how i gained my 854. (854s hood is in my shop)

I want to start restoring my wheel horses, pretty paint, new decals, clean them up. I am proud of what i own. 

And now im looking at getting a D200 with FEL and a backhoe. Its a sketch time to buy but i could use the tractor for house and cabin work. 

Pics are attached. Please ignore the messes. They aint the prettiest tractors, but they all run. 

• WHX??
      By WHX??
      My new to me 520 came without headlights, well ones that worked anyway. All too often when one picks up a new to tractor one ends up having little things that need fixing or un-cobbling or just general maintenance. I guess these little things are the most enjoyable, for me anyway, mountains to conquer. Its not like when you get her home and discover the hydro has no go or the engine smokes like a chimney or the deck needs all three spindles. Its these little things they are most easy and least $$  to fix.
      Since neither light worked I went right to the source first and checked the fuses and switch. Quickly discovered that wiggling the  spade connectors at the switch at least one head light and one taillight would work. Cleaned the spade connectors and terminals on the switch resolved the intermittent problem but now only one tail light would work. More on the tail end later. A quick ohm & voltage check  of both original 4411 sealed beam lamps revealed no one was home, both shot. A quick check of auto parts stores & TSC found that they are quite common anywhere with prices being anywhere between 11 and 18 bucks. In the interest of energy efficiency  and better lighting the search was on for led replacements. I found there was no direct led replacement but these PAR36 bulbs were very similar. They are primarily used in low voltage outdoor accent lighting and can be had in many colors, wattages and light output.
      I settled on these from the jungle site, about 16 clams a piece,  but found them on flea bay and LED light retail places as well. Note the 36 watt equivalent spec. Most if not all 4411 replacements are 35 watts.
      I half expected them to be encased in plastic but a nice surprise to find them all glass sealed beam with good quality.

Installation truly plug & play. Fit as perfect as originals.

Best off is this .311 amp draw per light or .625 per set! .

Leaves plenty of room on the 20 amp charge system for more lights, heated steering wheel, heated  seat & vest!
      More pics when it warms up abit out and I can get some decent night shots.