Machineguy

Thank you

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, JAinVA said:

I honestly believe that a lot of us don't fully appreciate the work that the moderators do to keep this site what it is.I have reassured a new member about the content being something that his daughter,wife,mother and grandmother could view.This is in part to the civility of the folks here but the moderators keep it clean and focused.Thanks to them!

I'll second that.

7 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Agree...

ONLY social media site I belong too...

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Me too.

I have NO room or time in my life for negativity or conflict.

Lots of things good and bad have happened to me and because of me in the last few years.

I'm in an incredibly great space and time right now.

A big reason for it is this site. The tractors are great.

The knowledge, available resources. Excellent.

But it's the human element that makes or breaks everything for me.

Such a fantastic, positive, helpful group.

Thank you to all that have given me information and encouragement about horses but sooo much more as well.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Marv
28 minutes ago, Kenneth R Cluley said:

I, like many of you, don't follow facebook or any other site. I came to this site by accident looking for info on tractor i purchased that needed work. I probably check site 2-3 times a day, just for other content. Wonderful advice and experiences from like minded individuals. Hope to be at Big Show next year as I am retiring from Fire Department in Jan-Feb. Looking forward to meeting and greeting you all. On my "Bucket List". 

Lit the FIRE didn't it (pun intended)? Now you are addicted to :wh: AND the fine people on this site. Glad you are so inclined.

Marv

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, dells68 said:

include a pic just to make everybody else drool

Yooo izzz meeeeen.....

• Haha 5

Machineguy
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yooo izzz meeeeen.....

Torturous!! @dells68 sent other photos that are even more difficult to look at! :ROTF:

14E2F7A0-8C28-4F41-BB15-19E468144082.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19richie66

Same here. Talked to so many over the site through messages and posts and to finally meet most of them was the icing on the cake. Some I only got to shake thier hand and say hello and then poof..... something going on and then never made it back around. The rain didn’t help any. The Italian dinner night was great, the second night BBQ was super too! Good times with what seems like old friends. Yep, best site on the internet 👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Machineguy
52 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I mentioned friends a few posts ago.  Let me give you an example.  Emory bought a 603 at the show this year.  It needed mechanical help.  @oldredrider spent a good portion of the show helping us get it going giving up a lot of his show time just out of kindness.  Three young men in their teens came by to help and gave Emory a spark plug and wouldn't take anything for it.  We've been to @oldredrider's house to visit, pick up parts, look at tractors, and even bring a few home.   We went out to eat after the show with @pullstart, @19richie66, and Karen and had a blast.  Emory still talks about catching fireflies with Kevin afterwards.  I don't know when I've heard so much laughing out of Emory - think Kev might have enjoyed it too!  On another note, I have not met @Machineguy in person yet, but I can already tell you I consider him a great friend.  We keep in touch by pm and texts.  I keep tempting him to come down for some delicious southern barbecue.  I'll include a pic just to make everybody else drool😂!  Friends we have made are friends for life!

A62F363A-A4EA-4745-A62C-AE768414997E.jpeg

Thanks for the comments Dell! This has been a great thing for me to be a part of. I’ve really connected with people like yourself Jeff and Eric. I recently got to know more about our friend Jim here in Va too. Eric blew me away with his willingness to help a complete stranger with parts! Not to mention that I’m about 800 miles from him! I met Jeff and talking with him you’d think we’ve known each other for years. I joined RS hoping to connect with folks and it’s worked. If there was no internet I’d be out in the garage wrenching away not realizing how many people share my interests. Really cool being able to share experiences and projects with others. Nice to know I’m not singularly crazy but there’s a whole community of people that are too! Lol

Thanks guys! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66

You’re not singularly crazy. We’re in the same boat. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Machineguy

Don’t get me wrong on the car crowd. There’s a lot of good people I know in the car scene too. It does seem over the last few years as old car values went up a new sector of people got into cars. People just looking at them as status symbols and just like talking money and values of their car. Real car guys already know how expensive things are and that’s not what we like. We want to hear the fun that someone has experienced with a car or truck. Not how much you have in a paint job on a car you’re afraid to enjoy. Same can be said for these little red tractors too. Some are significant and worth preserving as they were but most are machines that are meant to be used!! 

Edited by Machineguy
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy
4 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Thanks for your support! :banana-rock:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Yepp ...

Me too....

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Guys, you know I'm into "street rods" and as Bob said you have many diverse groups lumped in this, but I would like to point out that most of the shows or "cruise ins" I attend are for helping veterans, kids, Autism (stepson is on the spectrum) things that are above just having the most chrome or $10k hand rubbed paint or that full tube chassis ect, but where people of all backgrounds come together for a common goal, one example from my experience was maybe a year after getting my car was at show where lots of the guys participated in the "Burn Out and Jousting" contest well I let my then BIL drive it down to where this was happening and he stalled it out and the headers had heat soaked the starter, long story short other competitors jumped in to helped me get fired back up just to compete with the rest of them and it was my first time as a participant vs spectator, there's good and bad in all we do, this as well as RS is on the better side of the hobby, Jeff.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

19richie66

@stevasaurus

Meeting the Dino was one of the highlights of my trip.👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

Back at you Rich, we go back a few years for sure.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
17 minutes ago, pullstart said:

dinner and a couple drinks with before the big show total strangers that I get to call my friends.

Great get together. didn't know half the people at dinner that night but like you say, we all had a bond.

DSCF8926.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Daron1965

This is by far the friendliest, most helpful site by far.  I also thank all the members.  The membership is what makes this a great place. 

Everyone willing to help,  and some good old fashioned ribbing at times. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5