GT-14 A diamond in the rough

Oldskool
11 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

The man with the loader....

Super cooooool

Hope it all goes thru. That would make life alot easier

• Like 1

Oldskool

@ebinmaine any idea if the FEL mounts will fit the Gt14?

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Hope it all goes thru. That would make life alot easier

I s'pose probbbleeyy I oughtta spend some time getting the ole Ferguson up and going...

No spare funds this year though.

Oldskool
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I s'pose probbbleeyy I oughtta spend some time getting the ole Ferguson up and going...

No spare funds this year though.

I here ya there. I'm getting the FEL thru a straight trade no cash and delivered

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I here ya there. I'm getting the FEL thru a straight trade no cash and delivered

NIIIICE

• Like 1

19richie66

The frame of the tractors are different widths. Not sure about the length. With a welder and some thought, it could be made to work. Can’t say I have loader construction experience. Sorry.

• Like 1

wallfish
3 hours ago, Oldskool said:

any idea if the FEL mounts will fit the Gt14?

That sub-frame will not be a direct bolt on to a GT14. It used the mid tach a matic for that front 5/8 bar on it which the GT14 does not have. It shouldn't take too much fabrication to get it to attach since the sub-frame is there.

• Like 1

Oldskool

Thanks for the info guys. It will be a couple of weeks before it will be delivered. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Actually I guess my first question is which tractor is better suited for the loader? The 312 or the GT14

Pullstart

GT14 has much stronger frame and front axle than the 312!  It is night and day difference how much tougher the parts are!

Here is an axle off a GT14 and an axle off a Commando 800, like the 300 series front ends.

710920E3-37A6-4B01-A9BB-12F46D40856F.jpeg

BE1D56A2-F9BF-456E-9182-6061183899C7.jpeg

144C3DB4-9AC4-4C59-9A73-627175EB5766.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oldskool

@pullstart I see what you mean. Alot more meat to the GT. I think that answers my question quite nicely. Thanks

Edited by Oldskool
  • Like 1

953 nut
13 hours ago, Oldskool said:

@ebinmaine any idea if the FEL mounts will fit the Gt14?

The sub frame will bolt to the rear axle and a couple of tabs will bolt to the frame where the mower hanger (Attach-A-Matic) bolts on. The sub-frame you have pictured is not from a wheel horse but can be made to work. You will need to lengthen the rear portion to bolt up to the rear axle and modify the front braces to bolt to your frame.

FEL.jpeg.181dff0238afa175d4d672a62a2a7fd3.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

It appears to me like the direction of the sub-frame sitting on the ground in the pic is backwards to the the loader. The small cross bar is the front and the pump would end up on the front right side after it's mounted on the tractor.

• Excellent 2

953 nut
15 minutes ago, wallfish said:

It appears to me like the direction of the sub-frame sitting on the ground in the pic is backwards to the the loader. The small cross bar is the front and the pump would end up on the front right side after it's mounted on the tractor.

Good eye John,               :text-yeahthat:

Bolting to the frame would be a lot stronger than having the sub frame clip into the Attach-A-Matic. The idea is to have all of the load and forces of the loader transferred to the axles rather than the frame of the tractor.

Oldskool
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

I thought something didnt look quite right. So that one little round rod is all that holds it on in he front?

Oldskool

I was thinking more contact points the better. I'm gonna have to swamp out a spot for this to fit in the garage. Looks like some fab work is on its way

• Excellent 1

wallfish

Yes

The factory Ark loader sub-frame just attaches into the mid Tach A Matic in the front and clips to the rear axle. The mounting points aren't as solid as one might think. It's been used and abused over the years and haven't had any issues with mounting points at all. The mid Tach A Matic is already bolted to frame and the mounted brackets of it beef up that connection to the frame so it doesn't bend it. It's designed for quicker easier removal and installation but typically they stay mounted as a dedicated machine.

It appears that sub-frame is basically designed the same way.

• Like 1

wallfish

Basic mounting of Ark sub-frame

subframe.jpg.2a7c40f1f210734fd22a9f39a73ceb7c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Oldskool

It's been a busy spring. Just starting to get back too the GT14. Although this is gonna follow me home. Would the GT be enough tractor to have this attached to it? Those tires are on 15in rims just so you have a size comparison

20200521_164009.jpg

20200521_163958.jpg

20200521_163950.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
39 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Would the GT be enough tractor to have this attached to it?

@wallfish and @roadapples both have backhoes and their tractors are not as hefty as the GT-14, should work.

• Like 2

Oldskool

Jeez that would be nice. Not really sure what make tractor it used to be bu for 300 I'll take it

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

@wallfish and @roadapples both have backhoes and their tractors are not as hefty as the GT-14, should work.

:text-yeahthat:

Good find!!!

• Like 1

Oldskool

Just scored these half hour ago. Finally scored some hind shoes for this horse, 27x11.00

20200523_195027.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

12 hp Kohler

You sure are finding some cool stuff. Loader and backhoe ! 

• Like 1

Oldskool
15 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

You sure are finding some cool stuff. Loader and backhoe ! 

Snagged these today too. 50 bucks, disc harrow and plow. I have several people keeping there eyes open for me

20200517_104529.jpg

Edited by Oldskool
  • Excellent 3