Goldann520

Wh disc? Sleeve hitch

Goldann520

Hey guys, @wheelhorseman, @WVHillbilly520H, are these wh disc ? Picked em up in hickory,n.c. today for $100. Took a chancce. Got the sleeve hitch set up for $80. Found that on the carcass I originally went to buy the steering wheel and rear rims.  You just have to look for this stuff, and once in a while you get lucky!!!!

20180318_180445.jpg

20180318_181116.jpg

20180318_181001.jpg

20180318_181111.jpg

20180318_181942.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Nice score here is mine!

FD9776FC-FC1E-4AB0-933C-29A5A54A3181.jpeg

6639278A-D6F5-4A58-B4FB-5B2DFE2FB25D.jpeg

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Great score, you may want to get a new pair of bronze bushings for the rear rock shaft, Lowell @wheelhorseman, can help you there as I replaced mine when swapped it between the Anniversary and the '95 other than that the clevis hitch seems to be complete, also a tip for finding the sweet spot of lift/depth of impellements I added several more holes down the length of the hitch arm, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170225-080406.png

IMAG0392.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H Never thought of doing that . Nice .

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H Never thought of doing that . Nice .

Jim, even with the 3 lugs on the rockshaft and extra chain links on Sears/Agri-fab rake and box blade I was either not lifting high enough for transport or not getting it to lower enough to follow the contours of my parents' long steep driveway plus I got the idea from dad's Cub hitch.

IMAG4058.jpg

Goldann520

Thanks guys, @WVHillbilly520H, @wheelhorseman, @gwest_ca, that's a nice set you got there! Knew they were old, but '63, wow. 3 gangs not turning and adjusting assembly broke on 1 side. But hey. What are they worth restored  (which I doubt I'll get around to) and as is. They're cool as heck, so may keep em. Secondary,  got my steering off easy but one I got today, he cut the shaft and after I got the pin out, it won't budge, HELP!!!! Shaft is about 2 feet long. Is the sleeve hitch original or add on? (Or option)

Edited by Goldann520

WVHillbilly520H

That sleeve hitch is an original WH add on option.

jellyghost

That is an amazing find.  There can't be that many of those in the wild.  I am suprized at how much weight and leverage a wheel horse can lift with the clevis hitch.

Goldann520

Thanks @jellyghost, day started on a 1 hour tour (I love Gilligans island) to get a steering wheel and wide dish rims off a carcass. Always look under the seat pan for clevis hitch parts and front blade axle brackets. Hitch was there! Some times you get lucky. On the way out saw the disc in the brush and rest is history. This stuff does happen. All started by cl ad for a 414-8 tractor with parts machine! Lucky day

Goldann520

Picked these up yesterday, traded my old brinly set even for these. @WVHillbilly520H, @wheelhorseman, @elcamino/wheelhorse. The bad news for you guys picked up 2 new greens this weekend. 300, 140, looking for a nice k241as, 14hp, pre '75 for the 140 if anyone might know where there is one. Thanks Terry 

20180324_140526.jpg

20180324_140532.jpg

20180324_140540.jpg

• Like 2