WVHillbilly520H

WH Senior??? Or What brand?

WVHillbilly520H

@pullstart, @WHX24, @953 nut, @jabelman, @PeacemakerJack , @Ed Kennell

Have driven by this a few times finally took a couple pics, unfortunately it was the closest I could get without disturbing the Posted/No Trespassing signage ( you just never know these days in them back "hollers") anyways what do you all think it be. There are some Speedex and Pennsylvania Panzers on the property as well but without getting out of the truck to take pictures I just didn't feel comfortable doing that, the other reason I drove in this driveway is they have my old 95 S10 I bought new and customized then traded off after my son was born it ain't so pretty anymore.

20210116_153616.jpg

20210116_153618.jpg

IMAG3871.jpg

IMAG3872.jpg

20201122_151630_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

WHNJ701

It kinda looks like a mighty mite or shaw?

Edited by jabelman
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Time to buy 'em both....

Stepney

That flat front framework is nothing like a Gibson, Pond, Speedex.. 

Sorta reminds me of a Doylestown Atomic Babe.. as crazy as that name sounds. But it looks much too big, and I think they were English. 

I've never seen anything quite that big.. I seem to remember an Ottawa that had tall wheels, but those were twin Wisocnsin's, not a single.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

Certainly not a Sr there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
Just now, Stepney said:

That flat front framework is nothing like a Gibson, Pond, Speedex.. 

Sorta reminds me of a Doylestown Atomic Babe.. as crazy as that name sounds. But it looks much too big, and I think they were English. 

I've never seen anything quite that big.. I seem to remember an Ottawa that had tall wheels, but those were twin Wisocnsin's, not a single.  

Have you started writing the definitive "identify old tractors and other cool machines" yet?  If not, why not? DANG you have a memory!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Stepney

IMG_7056.JPG

The best I can think up is something along the lines of a Waterloo Bronco. Size wise.. Still some differences though. I'll check my old Wendells book after work, unless someone comes up with anything else. Right down to the forked tie rod ends facing straight out over the front. 

Edited by Stepney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHNJ701

It's definitely not home built

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Have you started writing the definitive "identify old tractors and other cool machines" yet?  If not, why not? DANG you have a memory!

You should shoot the breeze in person with him sometime. 

Fascinating fella that one. 

• Like 1

Handy Don
45 minutes ago, Stepney said:

IMG_7056.JPG

The best I can think up is something along the lines of a Waterloo Bronco. Size wise.. Still some differences though. I'll check my old Wendells book after work, unless someone comes up with anything else. Right down to the forked tie rod ends facing straight out over the front. 

@WVHillbilly520H's image seemed to show a forked front axle with a central pivot shaft and a single tie rod across the front linking the steering arms on the spindles.  Maybe a different model but  from the same maker?

Edited by Handy Don

WVHillbilly520H
55 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

@WVHillbilly520H's image seemed to show a forked front axle with a central pivot shaft and a single tie rod across the front linking the steering arms on the spindles.  Maybe a different model but  from the same maker?

Yes notice the right hand offset steering wheel/column and the main drag link? As well as the near "A" frame front axle. 

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Time to buy 'em both....

Sorry but my old S10 looks like more work than I have time for, and I am tractor poor, counting mine , dad's, the boy's and FIL 18 from 7hp to 45hp... No more needed.

• Like 1

slim67

ottawa?

• Thanks 1

slim67
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Have driven by this a few times finally took a couple pics, unfortunately it was the closest I could get without disturbing the Posted/No Trespassing signage ( you just never know these days in them back "hollers") anyways what do you all think it be. There are some Speedex and Pennsylvania Panzers on the property as well but without getting out of the truck to take pictures I just didn't feel comfortable doing that, the other reason I drove in this driveway is they have my old 95 S10 I bought new and customized then traded off after my son was born it ain't so pretty anymore.

20210116_153616.jpg

20210116_153618.jpg

IMAG3871.jpg

IMAG3872.jpg

20201122_151630_HDR.jpg

send them a letter

• Like 2

Chris G

Im pretty certain that is a Shaw Du All. The front axle would be my que to believe 100% on a Shaw.

Edited by Chris G
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Surely not a senior.  The Wisconsin engine is a cool factor, but the steering is straight on and the hood is all wrong for a Pond product.

• Thanks 1

Zeek
On 1/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

IMAG3871.jpg

20201122_151630_HDR.jpg

That's sad to see. It's a common site here in FL . . . when you are done with a car just park it in your yard for good. Let it go to crap so it's worth $0 instead of selling it.<_<

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

That sad to see. It's a common site here in FL . . . when you are done with a car just park it in your yard for good. Let it go to crap so it's worth $0 instead of selling it.<_<

Yes I know, when I went to PA to get my snowplow/blower for the eMax 4 late 60s/early 70s Chevelles in them same yard in a trailer park under tarps... Pretty sure they won't be restored.

• Sad 2

tractornut86

Its a Shaw DU All.  It should be casted shaw in several places on the tractor. With the single Wisconsin it should be a model R8 but it looks bugger then a AEN Wisconsin on it. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, tractornut86 said:

Its a Shaw DU All.  It should be casted shaw in several places on the tractor. With the single Wisconsin it should be a model R8 but it looks bugger then a AEN Wisconsin on it. 

Sharp eyes... I can definitely see it now, thanks for solving the mystery.

Screenshot_20210118-205750.png

• Like 1

oldiron613

That's a Wisconsin AHH powered R9 model - very rare tractor. I can count how many surviving R9 models I know of on one hand and and this is only the 2nd I've seen with it's original hood. 

The R9 is the only hooded Shaw that didn't have a grill covering up the front of that Wisconsin engine. The front of the frame is square too, unlike the R8's. 

Really awesome find - it made my day to see! 

Edited by oldiron613
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

oldiron613
16 minutes ago, oldiron613 said:

That's a Wisconsin AHH powered R9 model - very rare tractor. I can count how many surviving R9 models I know of on one hand and and this is only the 2nd I've seen with it's original hood. 

The R9 is the only hooded Shaw that didn't have a grill covering up the front of that Wisconsin engine. The front of the frame is square off in front too, unlike the R8's that are rounded in front. 

**Crap - sorry for the redundant post. I can't figure out how to delete it. 

Edited by oldiron613

Handy Don
3 hours ago, oldiron613 said:

The R9 is the only hooded Shaw that didn't have a grill covering up the front of that Wisconsin engine. The front of the frame is square too, unlike the R8's. 

Sounds like you need to enlist @WVHillbilly520H as an agent to negotiate a purchase?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHNJ701
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Sounds like you need to enlist @WVHillbilly520H as an agent to negotiate a purchase?

The guy probably doesn't even realize what he has.  I think just about every tractor collector would love to add a shaw into the mix

• Like 1

tractornut86
5 hours ago, oldiron613 said:

It did look larger then the AEN in the R8 and thats why was kinda thinking a HY8 but slightly different also.  I can't say ever came across any R9 in my travels, didn't know they made one.

• Like 1