ebinmaine

Nice days work there!!!

Pullstart

Looks nice Randy!

gprinkey

Any idea where I can find a carb rebuild kit for the 8 HP engine used on my 875 Wheel Horse  or a fuel pump repair replace idea?

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, gprinkey said:

Any idea where I can find a carb rebuild kit for the 8 HP engine used on my 875 Wheel Horse  or a fuel pump repair replace idea?

I get my carb rebuild kits for any make or model from Lincoln at @A-Z Tractor

If your fuel pump is the vacuum diaphragm style you can get I knew diaphragm from Brian @buckrancher.

if your fuel pump is the lever actuated style you can get a rebuild kit from Then And Now Automotive in Massachusetts.

Feel free to p.m. me if you want contact info for Lincoln or Brian.

rjg854
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

Looks nice Randy!

Thanks Kevin, after seeing Frank at the show, I decided that I could do the same with this tractor.  It had a nice patina, and wanted to bring it back to life, so to speak.  It's going to be my plow tractor, I've come to like the automatics for all the back and forth I have to do on my property.  And the little woman can drive it also, she just doesn't like the gears on my other tractors.  This one is more to her liking.  The seat pan has some heavy rust, where the seat was, but I don't care all that much about showroom condition for what I'm going to use it for, after all it is a 42 year old tractor. :ychain: The most important to me is mechanical and wiring, motion and preserving what's left of the paint.  

• Excellent 3

squonk

I knew you wouldn’t leave it be. :lol:

I tried to work on the 953 yesterday in the heat but was told to come in for the day. :)

sent from the work van parked in the shade on break 

dells68

@rjg854, Randy, be glad I didn’t see that one or it might have jumped on my trailer before I could get my reins on it!  Very nice tractor!  Did the weights come with it, or did you find them at the show?

• Haha 1

Mikey the Monkey

Randy that tractor is 52 years old! I know it's hard to believe though, it doesn't look a day over 42

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rjg854
9 hours ago, squonk said:

I knew you wouldn’t leave it be. :lol:

Well what can I say, it's such a nice tractor it deserves a freshening.  I've never gone this deep into a tractor,  but it's been fun so far. Got most of the pieces parts painted and the frame and engine power washed. I'll work on them tomorrow. 

• Excellent 2

rjg854

Dells, I bought that tractor a couple of months ago and tractornut delivered it to the big show for me.  It came from Ohio, luckily I got it before he parted it out, which is what his plan was. 

• Excellent 3

rjg854
54 minutes ago, Mikey the Monkey said:

Randy that tractor is 52 years old! I know it's hard to believe though, it doesn't look a day over 42

For a guy that works with numbers every day,  you'd think I'd be able to add :ychain:

But I think I was figuring it as a 77, and adding the 19 to 23.  Thanks for the catch @Mikey the Monkey

• Haha 2

rjg854

Worked on the 877 again today,  first  the heat and humidity , and then the skies opened up and we wound up getting an inch of rain. What a day, but I did get a lot accomplished. 

20190706_174318.jpg.3a07a71405a7e05b97f9462f81ce7003.jpg

20190706_174014.jpg.7861735607b1ee07bdc9bb04652f65f9.jpg

@gwest_ca

20190706_133649.jpg.9b06d21ece3300ec3b5e9ecc1e27d52d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: WOW! You're going like gangbusters there...

gonna put a new set of decals on it Randy?  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

877_WOOD_GRAIN_SET_2009__11138.1484518468.1280.1280.png?c=2

• Like 2

rjg854

yeah Craig I am, already talked to Terry,  He's plenty busy right now, but not being in any hurry any way, I told him to take his time, the clear coat has to cure any how.  Every thing is painted right now, but the paint and clear coat is so fresh I want to let it sit for a while be fore I even attempt to start assembly.  This is the hardest part so far, I want to see it all together and running again :happy-bouncymulticolor:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Yeah boy...can't wait for that!  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1

rjg854

Had these sitting the shelf 

20190707_120009.jpg.f3ac7368f09e36c502b1774127454764.jpg

They were on my 854 at one time, until I was able to find a set of the smaller headlights.  These are 5-6" across.  I figure I might as well use them, because there are all ready holes in the hood most likely from a set of lights.  Price is right :P

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Had these sitting the shelf 

20190707_120009.jpg.f3ac7368f09e36c502b1774127454764.jpg

They were on my 854 at one time, until I was able to find a set of the smaller headlights.  These are 5-6" across.  I figure I might as well use them, because there are all ready holes in the hood most likely from a set of lights.  Price is right :P

I like 'em.

• Thanks 1

RandyLittrell

I would love to find an 877 to go with my 1277. Love those little 7 and 8 horse kohlers!!

Can't wait to see your done!

Randy

• Like 1

rjg854

I'm still playing with a couple of parts before I can start putting it back together.  Of course the steering wheel is giving me a hard time getting it of the shaft to get to the cowl.  But that is to be expected.  Still have to do the wheels.  Terry has shipped the decals, so it's still in progress.  Now of course I'm back to work after the July 4th weekend, so things are going a bit slower, not having so many days off, but I have the evenings and weekends.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Bit by bit...

rjg854

That the way it goes Eric, piece by piece, being 52 years old makes it difficult in a few areas.  I expected that.  Before I started, the tractor looked as though it had seen the weather for a few years.  :ychain:   A lot of surface rust, and sun baked paint.  The before and after pictures I'm sure will be quite the contrast.

Edited by rjg854
sp
  • Like 2

Mikey the Monkey

looks really great randy. :)

• Thanks 1

rjg854

@Mikey the Monkey been trying to contact you but it says you can't receive PM's

rjg854

@Vinylguy got the decals today,  thanks so much. Almost can't wait to see them on.

• Like 1