Ken B

Looking good!

Rboski

So they're not quite what I had envisioned.  They hold the tank and the hood fits as it should so that's something.  I'm going to get some more stock and make another set.  We'll just consider this a proof of concept exercise.   

tank_straps_zpsea139b9b.jpg

• Like 1

Rboski

So I've made a little more progress. Here's where I'm at now.  I still have some more touch up paint, decals and finishing tweaks here and there, but It' almost done.

I'm pretty happy with the hood stand/tank support.  It does what it was intended to do and doesn't look to out of place. 

550-2_zps581a42d9.jpg

550-1_zps239ff006.jpg

• Like 3

dclarke

I really like the tank support you made, I'll refer back to this and Duke's RJ project when I redo my RJ... Your tractor looks great!  :thumbs:

AMC RULES

First one turned out so good...

I can't wait to see the next one.    :popcorn:

Rboski

Thanks Denny,  Duke's setup was the inspiration for sure. If my tank was still on my hood, I probably would have copied his design. 

Craig, I hope you have a big bowl of popcorn. This one is going to have to do for now. I have to switch gears and do some carpentry on my parents house.  I will eventually give it another go with all the lessons learned on this one. Overall It won't look much different but the straps will change and mount a bit differently on the tank frame to keep them a little more snug around the top of the tank.  I already cut the tank frame apart and put a slight angle at the back of the two side pieces so that the whole frame slopes slightly towards the front without any shimming. I'd like the whole setup to be a direct bolt on solution for any suburban with an original hood mounted tank.   I hope to get back at it once I get these old rotted wood gutters replaced and tighten up the house for winter. So for now I'm just going to make it whole and have some fun with it. I should have some more pics shortly of the "finished" tractor.

Stay tuned.... 

Edited by Rboski

Rboski

Got the decals on the hood and mounted the heat shield.  Need to get some spacers for the belt guard, a piece of aluminum to make a serial plate and then figure out the throttle and choke cables on the hh60.  Mower deck is sitting in the etank.

550-3_zps5c783643.jpg

550-4_zps3ffbcb42.jpg

Edited by Rboski

Rboski

I think I need to ask vinylguy to make me a custom decal.  Something along the lines of "Hey stupid! Exhaust pipe gets hot when engine is running."  :wacko:

hot_zpsd45bb5e1.jpg

Edited by Rboski

Jake Kuhn

Turned out very nice....and I have had many expierences with exaust pipes. :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I think I need to ask vinylguy to make me a custom decal.  Something along the lines of "Hey stupid! Exhaust pipe gets hot when engine is running."  :wacko:

hot_zpsd45bb5e1.jpg

:scared-eek:      :text-yeahthat:     :text-goodpost:

post-3498-0-65285600-1379414129_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Rboski

I'm starting to see a pattern.  This could be a big seller for Terry.  :grin:

• Like 1

Rboski

Got the belt guard on today. Also cut a piece of sheet metal for the serial plate and mounted the choke and throttle levers. I still have a plan to make one out of aluminum but for now this is a nice backing for Terry's sweet decal.  I need to do some monkeying to get some cables rigged up since I've stuck an HH60 on and it has a different linkage. Looks like I'll be able to make loop and connect them up fairly easily.  That's it. Not much progress in this guy today.  Did get in some seat time though.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

550-5_zps92dfc10f.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Seat time is definitely the best  :wh: progress you can make. 

Resto looks awesome.   :bow-blue:

• Like 1

welderman85

Looks awesome great work

• Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Great resto Rich! Hope my 401 turns out that nice! :)

• Like 1

Rboski

Thank you Taylor.  I spent a lot of time here reading up and learning all I could. I think it's a pretty good first effort.  I learned a lot doing it and had a ton of fun. You have a great machine to start with and a whole lot of great helpful people here on RS.  I bet your's is going to turn awesome! Looking forward to following your project. 

Edited by Rboski
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse Kid

Thanks for the kind words Rich! Again great job on the resto! I am really excited about restoring mine!