Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Smith

Customized,Rare,Weird,Diffrent,Unique Wheel Horses

Fun Engineer

this is mine,attachicon.gif025.JPG commando V8 now powered by a 16 hp. briggs twin.  all kinds of 50s touches, louvered hood, winged orniment, piston shift knob,stainless twice pipes. soon to have a SS.battery box,fender pan painted & a funengineer black & white tuck& roll seat cover. been working on it a couple of years off & on, but i realy want to take it to the big show this year. heres how it looked when i bought it as a parts doner for my charger V8.attachicon.gifcommando v8 to v16 001.JPG

That should smoke some tires Jay.

fireman

One of the coolest modified Wheel Horse tractor or tractors was two early to mid 60's that had been fixed together side by side. I only saw it in pictures about 5 or 6 years ago. It was an excellent job. Maybe TT or one of the other members that have been collecting for a while will have a picture of it.

wallfish

Here are 2 of mine.

post-658-0-41924300-1361452254.jpg

post-658-0-47752600-1361452338.jpg

• Like 6

Charlie Smith

That one that had two side by side sounds awesome fireman. And that last one is a brilliant idea wallfish :D

Thanks

Charlie,

SCOOBY 312-h

i have seen a picture of 2 wheelhorse tow tractors. one had a rollback flatbed and the other had a wheel lift. but i cant find the pictures   :eusa-think:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :scratchead:

Charlie Smith

Hmmm.. Not this one is it?

Charlie.

massey

Here's one I did from a few years ago.

008-6.jpg

007-6.jpg

• Like 3

Charlie Smith

Is that snow plow home made. Or....

Charlie.

SCOOBY 312-h

yeah thats the one, there was another with a wheel lift on the back. im glad you found it cause its pretty cool

Charlie Smith

And I think I may have found the one with the wheel lift.? Is this it......

Charlie.

SCOOBY 312-h

yeah thats the one

Charlie Smith

Must admit they do both look pretty tidy. Lol

Charlie.

c161rat

Here are a couple pics of my custom C161

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG00188-20100916-2217.jpg

• Like 4

SCOOBY 312-h

who did your striping

c161rat

who did your striping

A friend of mine named Kevin Moore.......He is highly sought after in this area.....Just gave him a case of beer and a blank canvas and told him to go nuts!!!!!!

SCOOBY 312-h

i myself do striping as well ill have to post up some pics of mine. it looks good

Charlie Smith

That C-161 looks great

Thanks

Charlie.

• Like 1

massey

Is that snow plow home made. Or....

Charlie.

The plow is from a ditch witch, flipped upside down and added a cutting edge to the bottom.

Charlie Smith

Ah very good idea. :D

Charlie.

Tankman

Great machine buddy. What do those new hood decals say?

Charlie

They say "Cowboy's High Horse"Guess that's where the expression comes from?

"Livin' high on the Horse!" :smile:

• Like 1

Charlie Smith

Ah that's great :D

Charlie.

c161rat

i myself do striping as well ill have to post up some pics of mine. it looks good

Would love to see some of your striping work Scooby!!!! I myself have tried to do some striping with Kevin's guidance but nothing I can do compares to his work!!!!

SCOOBY 312-h

i have been striping for a couple months,,,,i have done a guitar, a tool box and some test panels. ill post them up as soon as i can

ricksrj58

here is my one ond only totally custom horse.frame streched lots of custom machined parts and geared for speed.even with the throttle at idle it will still stand straight up.

SAM_0887.jpg

• Like 2

Charlie Smith

Nice machine. Great job

Thanks

Charlie.