Jump to content
Nathan W

D 160 end loader.

Recommended Posts

Nathan W

Does this look factory for 1976 

20231028_104853.jpg

20231028_104841.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
oliver2-44

It looks like it would fit in my stable.  

Well made, factory or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
kpinnc

Wheel horse tractors came from the factory as tractor only. No deck, no plows, nothing.

 

Any implement added was done so at the dealership. Front end loaders were often "allied" attachments made by other manufacturers. 

 

Edit- it's possible that your loader and tractor aren't even the same year model. A dealer could have added it later when the first owner bought it. 

 

 

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • Swemill
      By Swemill
      Hi everyone!
      Long time since i was here and my old pics is gone from the forum.
      I just uploaded a movie with pics on youtube, and thought i could share it for you guys.
      I would love to get some comments on my Youtube channel, from you true Wheel Horse fans! 
       
      Thanks and Best Regards  
       
       
    • 87buickt
      By 87buickt
      Listing for a friend, late 70s I believe D200 deck and plow. Been sitting for a while, make reasonable offer, friend also has tons of literature he may part with, if Interested let me know

    • wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Anyone be able to measure out the Top Link Bar for the 50” D Series Tiller?
      Just finished rebuilding a tiller, have a adjustable type but would like to put a original type on like the manual has listed.



    • BMW1
      By BMW1
      What gauges were standard on wheel horse D160 D180 D200 series tractors?
      Was the dash light only an option on the D200?
       
      On D180 and D200 series tractors I've seen, it seems like they all had Ammeter, oil pressure, and transmission temperature.
      I've only seen engine hours and dashlight on one D200.
       
      I'm not sure about D160.  I have never seen one up close.
       
      Thanks.
       
    • Brandon Byers
      By Brandon Byers
      I know I'm half a year ahead of schedule! 

       
      I picked this 1974 D-180 up early last year. It had a pretty hard life, and the previous owner gave his best attempt at keeping it alive. Hydro was strong so I serviced it and put it to work mowing all year. I decided if it would make it through the season then it would get some TLC. By fall it was burning about a quart of oil an hour but it made it. I have no clue how many hours are on it, every hole, bushing, bearing on this tractor is pooched. If you look closely, somebody used two 1" NPT Pipe Flanges to rebuild the mounting points for the upper 3 point cylinder. Hey it works!
      I rebuilt the steering gearbox and re-bushed the front axle along with making new spindles. 
      I had the 482 Kohler bored .20 over (it was .10 over already) and gave it a rebuild with the intention of putting it back to work on snow duty. 
      I then dawned on me that this tractor will be 50 years old next year - and these old D's are becoming harder and harder to find anymore. So I decided to customize it a bit and go for what a maybe a dealership would offer for a 50th anniversary model if Wheel Horse was still in business today (In another universe, maybe!) 
       
      As D's aren't known for their looks - and I can't leave anything alone. I took approximately 2 Inches out of the grille and bezel. 
      I updated most of the wiring and lights. Gave it a new set of Carlisle Ags along with Vredestein front ribs. It got a new seat and I painted all the accents aluminum. 
      I patched, rebuilt the 48" deck and put new blades, wheels, and hardware on it. The Blade & 3 point scoop somebody adapted to it also got some attention.  
      Lastly I stripped it most of the way down and painted it with IH red acrylic urethane enamel. 
      I always forget to take pictures during my projects but here's a few: 
       
      Before: 
       
       
       





       
      After: 




       
      Thanks for reading!!
×
×
  • Create New...