SylvanLakeWH

Miles to Go Before She Sleeps...

ri702bill

Ain't that little critter just CUTE ???? :auto-driving:  WAIT - it's not E-lectric....:scared-shocked:

Edited by ri702bill
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, ri702bill said:

Ain't that little critter just CUTE ???? :auto-driving:  WAIT - it's not E-lectric....:scared-shocked:

I prefer "Ruggedly Handsome "... and Uhm... yes it is... :scared-shocked:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

I was gonna do a separate thread on this but I have no qualms about hijacking Sylvia's. He'll get over it cause I got his tractor...:lol:

First off Jim @oliver2-44 I told you I didn't want any money for those parts so now you p'ed me off! It was just all crap to us that we had laying around and mighta went to scrap and we was making the trip anyway. 

Dan and I did have road lunches on the 40 @Chrishar gave us but the $$ in the goodie bags was totally unacceptable. 

The goody bags were more than enough and by the way that sausage is is absolutely awesome! I just love it but Dan might have a problem with it 'cause of his partials but that's OK I'm there for him. 

20230326_184307.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

SylvanLakeWH

Thanks for the details @WHX??... I figured there'd be one or two issues... but I think it'll fit right in with the E-141's... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Now about them cheesehead gas-burner :wh:'s of yours "nuzzlin'" my little :scared-shocked::wh:... You better protect her virtue while she's waiting on safe travel with @Pullstart's Pony Express... :angry-tappingfoot: 

She better not come back with any greasy hoof prints on her!!! :scared-eek:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

Before I go on to chew Tom's rear the whole purpose of this wrangle was to swap Dan's 753 with @Chrishars 633. Pretty much an even trade. Had to swap some tires tho. We met up in Oseola IA in a wally world parking lot. Kinda like how I met @Pullstart... this time I was armed tho... :lol:

Chris is an outstanding horseman and now has the quadfecta ... 701, 702, 753 & 854... not too shabby for a collector in TX. 

20230325_121035.jpg

20230325_121043.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 5

Achto
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

I'll let Dan fill you in on the am ride from hell.

The original purpose for Jim & I's  trip was for some Horse trading between me & @Chrishar. Then we added in a trip to pick up a tractor that Jim bought. Next a pick up for @SylvanLakeWH  was added. Easy Peasy :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jumped in the truck to leave Jim's at 4:30, clean roads and hammer down. GPS said ETA for Osceola IA, 10:50am. Once we got south of Portage WI it started snowing a bit. A short time later the snow started to pick up a more & more. Not too bad, we could still make out the center line to see where the road was.

A short stop in Prairie Du Sac for fuel & what not and I swear we got 3" of snow during this stop.:wacko: Back on the road with this view out the windshield. Mean while we're watching the ETA increasing.

IMG_20230325_061741222.jpg.b86615c17e6ab4daf9f822a646225f01.jpg

Well it will get better once it gets light out. Right??

IMG_20230325_063517584.jpg.092bd613d43b4d0fb47906d3a36a558c.jpg

ETA keeps increasing. :(

Finally as we got close to the Iowa border the snow stopped and the roads cleared up. Put the hammer down, ETA is now 11:45am. Was scheduled to meet in Osceola at Noon so still OK on the meeting time. Met up with Chris to make the trade.

515180142_IMG_20230325_122851100_HDR(1).jpg.bb04dc6b73d05178cd68afbe4ac974c4.jpg

A quick lunch, Thanks Ollie!!! Off to Minnesota. Load up Jim's new tractor that he bought from Tom.

IMG_20230325_164651740_HDR.jpg.b498d2b34c7e89847169efaa224e2568.jpg

A short jog to wrangle Sylvia's tractor.

IMG_20230325_173227322.jpg.6f870274f45da4de778a30b59092ea4b.jpg

Back on the road to good ol' WI. Other than the lost time in the morning it was a good trip. 

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Great trip report @Achto:clap:

Man, I want that trailer when I grow up! :handgestures-thumbupright: I'm hoping my little A-60 doesn't expect that kinda style traveling with me... :hide:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Unlike some who throw them on a home made deck on the back of a pickup... we'll mention no.names...we fly first class... :lol:

• Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH
2 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Unlike some who throw them on a home made deck on the back of a pickup... we'll mention no.names...we fly first class... :lol:

Back of a pick up??? :confusion-confused: 

I thought he was going to tie my little :wh: on the front for a hood ornament... :scared-eek:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Hey, it’s all stainless and aluminum, that’s fancy enough for me!

2 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Back of a pick up??? :confusion-confused: 

I thought he was going to tie my little :wh: on the front for a hood ornament... :scared-eek:

It’s small enough, I might just toss it in the back seat!  

• Haha 5

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

20230326_184307.jpg

Glad I got the opportunity to share a little Texas hospitality.

Had to help out your tractor fund a little!

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 2

Chrishar

I got the old 753 home today and tomorrow it will meat the another wheel horses and then start working on give it a little love in care it was nices meeting y'all thanks again for the 753 i will enjoy it 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

ri702bill
16 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I prefer "Ruggedly Handsome "... and Uhm... yes it is... :scared-shocked:

A great find, for sure - I should have guessed it was battery powered all along :thumbs2:

One motor or two?? No onboard charging system - just draws down the batteries???

SylvanLakeWH

One motor.

On-board charger.

Batteries still shrink wrapped.

Looks like ignition switch is only issue. 3rd pic in post 4 above. Will be investigating that while I await its next leg of the journey home...

WHX??
3 hours ago, ri702bill said:

One motor or two?? No onboard charging system - just draws down the batteries???

Cord for charger tie wrapped up just the way it left the factory!

A charge meter with a timer. 

20230327_083847.jpg

Actually three motors. One for the drive and one on each blade.

20230327_084114.jpg

20230327_084125.jpg

Looks like batteries are standard size but note the connection. Might be hard to find posts on standard batteries. Golf cart maybe? 

Batteries are wired in series. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Good point @WHX??... I forgot about the mower deck motors...

Also good point on the battery connectors. 

This is what I have on the E-141... should work on the separate posts... 

62AACB8D-1521-47E1-B217-7F70601B1433.jpeg

WHX??

Here ya go Slyvia... posts with blue tape are positive. 

Thoughts are to replace the batteries and display  the orginals in Mrs. S's china cabinet...:laughing-rolling:

20230327_091429.jpg

20230327_091505.jpg

20230327_091547.jpg

20230327_091644.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Plenty of rust on the hold downs &  connections... I'll start soaking them with love juice. Note the collapsed battery under the hold down. 

1679927185157496507107703412649.jpg

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:bow-blue: Thanks for the measurements!

I have taken your display recommendations under advisement and have determined that my continued participation in this worthy hobby would be severely curtailed, permanently, should I do so... :deadhorse:

• Haha 4

WHX??

Some more pics. @gwest_ca may be interested in the tag.

20230327_093041.jpg

20230327_093131.jpg

20230327_093901.jpg

Got it down in a warm shop now but more issues. 

Clutch lever hangs up... just needs Greasy Pete.

Mower on off switch froze... more Greasy Pete? 

Left front tire will not hold air overnight. Needs some bead sealer I believe. 

This girl was garaged in a building with some humidity... nothing wd40 won't cure. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Ok thx!

I'm starting my list... :teasing-signhere:

The Freightliner Guy
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Plenty of rust on the hold downs &  connections... I'll start soaking them with love juice. Note the collapsed battery under the hold down. 

1679927185157496507107703412649.jpg

Wheel Horse batterys thats cool hey theyd be a nice shelf piece if they are junk Heck they could be hollowed out and make a nice snack hider or adult Root Beer cooler! I still like the idea of a snack hider.

Kollin :)

• Like 4

Achto
4 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Got it down in a warm shop now but more issues. 

Great Googly Moogly!!! Poor @SylvanLakeWH won't get to have any wrenchin' fun on his mower, Jim will have it all done before Sylvia even gets to shake hands with it. :ychain::D

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 2