Cee245

1975 c160 auto purchase and whole lotta ???

Horse Newbie
On 5/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, Cee245 said:

Thanks @peter lena. I'm done complaining lol... I'll get it the sticker off and get to the important things soon..

yes @WHX??, I measured mine and it's the same

I never minded the dealer decals on old tractors… to me I like the idea of knowing who the original seller location was/ is.

Of course “to each his own”… just what I like…

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck
25 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I never minded the dealer decals on old tractors… to me I like the idea of knowing who the original seller location was/ is.

Of course “to each his own”… just what I like…

:text-yeahthat:  I agree.  A small piece of history for the tractor.  I'm considering asking @Vinylguy if he would be able to make a reproduction of the dealer sticker on my C195.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Cee245

@Horse Newbie @8ntruck

Lol....Ok, I think I'm being misunderstood about my take on decals....

I like Original Wheel Horse dealer decals on Wheel Horse's.

I DON'T like the Kubota dealer that put 3 big stickers that say Kubota on my Wheel Horse C160.  There was probably the original dealer sticker under one ... . I think it may be original dealer? Couldn't read anything on it, just evidence of a sticker over a sticker. 

I actually like Kubota, Deere, any quality item really. . . I appreciate the forethought and quality of good designs. 

I think those Kubota stickers annoy me because I don't like when any dealers put their sticker on for doing work to another brand. I don't know.... Just a pet peeve 🙄, I guess

😆 😆 

Edited by Cee245
More info
  • Like 2

Horse Newbie

@Cee245… now I do agree with you in the above described situation, and I was not really disagreeing before…

But yes, yes it would peeve me off if a place slapped their sticker on my equipment just because they may have laid their hands on it .

• Like 1

Handy Don

When I buy a car I write onto the contract that the dealer is free to add a dealer identification sticker or license plate surround if they choose. The charge will be $250 in cash upon vehicle delivery as my fee for advertising their business with no guarantee that I won't remove said advertising. So far no takers.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

oliver2-44
On 7/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Cee245 said:

I did find and know to use OEM kohler carb kit. Every trustworthy person says they are worth it.

Reminds me of my 90's F150's on how they like Motorcraft parts and not the cheap stuff or super expensive stuff. 

Anyway, not wanting to get the wrong starter rebuild kit, here are pics of my starter.... there is what I assume a date?  of [1 10 1977] on the starter as well..  it also says American Bosch Columbus Miss. And I can't read anything else. 

I found bendix rebuild kits, but not sure which to get... I also see the kits WITHOUT the engagement sprocket thingy. That kit just has the internal stuff only. 

ALSO, in the bottom Pic, I opened the part to get to the valve adjustment,  see where there is a hole? Does NOT look factory... there is a yellow color INSIDE the hole that the arrow is pointing to..... 👉 not sure what's up with that...

20220704_004811.jpg

20220704_004819.jpg

20220704_014407.jpg

The hole in the side of the valve adjustment area is normal.  I suspect the whitish yellow your seeing is part of the plastic governor gear. 

Below is a thread on Starter repairs/rebuilds.

I've bought some starter kohler repair parts from DB Electric and was pleased with them.

• Thanks 1

953 nut
On 7/4/2022 at 11:29 AM, Cee245 said:

n the bottom Pic, I opened the part to get to the valve adjustment,  see where there is a hole?

As the piston moves up and down in the cylinder it produces a pressure in the crank case. That hole allows the pulsation to be able to vent to the outside. Probably allows splash lubrication of the valves and lifters via the governor gear..

• Like 2

Cee245

@953 nut @oliver2-44 thanks, I figured something like that. 

I was just concerned as to why the hole is not perfectly round and looks jagged. 

20220706_191111.jpg

• Like 1

Cee245

Think this will work?  I put a couple cuts in the bushing to allow grease to get around a touch better. Maybe it won't do anything.... maybe more cuts?  Haven't installed yet... so I can decide later, while I wait for a couple more parts to come. 

Bushings are 1.5" and fit good. The length of the center hole on the axle is 3". I could use 1.25" bushings to give  the grease a place to go, but i think they would sorta float on the pivot pin for the axle. Same for the spindles, except the length is a tad less than 3". 

I used a reamer to drill out from both ends to try to keep it true straight as possible doing it this way (with a hand drill).... Used a ton of cutting oil, but it worked well. 

20220716_225322.jpg

20220717_011241.jpg

Edited by Cee245
  • Like 2