Pullstart

New Toy Hauler

cschannuth

That is awesome!  Carvana is paying some big money right now. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

That is awesome!  Carvana is paying some big money right now. 

I heard they lost $300 million last year... how they can afford to keep paying out is beyond me but I’ll take it!  They effectively payed me back 1/2 of every payment I’ve made on the truck.

• Like 1

Pullstart

@ACman I bet you’ll like this one too!

• Like 1

WHX??

Ya I messed up ther Craig. .. shoulda found out what they woulda gave for Dad's Prius. Thanks for planting the carvana  thing in my head Kev! :angry-tappingfoot:

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@pullstart Are you sure a little piggy did not drive that HOG ?  You going to need about 5 gallons of simple green . He he

• Haha 3

JoeM

Got to paint the hood flat black...............a new horse hauling black hood!

• Haha 5

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@pullstart Are you sure a little piggy did not drive that HOG ?  You going to need about 5 gallons of simple green . He he

It was a sealcoat truck before this guy bought it.  He hauled his dump trailer with it but sold the trailer.

Pullstart

It came with a pretty nice under mount tool box too!  Never been installed.

698785E6-5DFF-46B2-BCE9-F511F2936017.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

You could buy a travel trailer mount it on the back , the girls could stay back there as you haul one big a- - trailer full of horse plus have room to haul all your purchases back home.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

You could buy a travel trailer mount it on the back , the girls could stay back there as you haul one big a- - trailer full of horse plus have room to haul all your purchases back home.

Might as well throw a pop-up camper over the roof!

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

The trailer would need to be a tanker... Just hook it right up and watch it drink... :ychain:

• Haha 5

Adams94

Picked up our new toy hauler several months ago!  Went to our first gooseneck 

54F127A2-29B8-43D5-95C2-EC221D84D9A6.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Maxwell-8

@Adams94 You need a special license to drive those behemoths?

@pullstart I wanna see that thing load-up like your Colorado :dance:

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Haha 3

953 nut
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

grabbed this ‘99 Chevy GMT-400 work truck.

What about Norman?    :confusion-confused:      After all the improvements you made on it I figured for sure that would be the tow vehicle.

Adams94
3 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Yes and no. It’s farm so it’s exempt but I have my class a cdl and so does my dad and brother 

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
26 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

What about Norman?    :confusion-confused:      After all the improvements you made on it I figured for sure that would be the tow vehicle.

Norman will haul the camper, the flat bed will haul tractors.  We were going to find an enclosed trailer to pull with a second vehicle and Uncle Jim offered his for the summer, but then this behemoth showed up in Mrs.’ crosshairs and all was over.  She even made me pay the dude an extra $100 after I talked him down a bit!

3 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

17 minutes ago, Adams94 said:

Yes and no. It’s farm so it’s exempt but I have my class a cdl and so does my dad and brother 

Max, the full size trucks shown above have what @Achto calls “juice brakes” meaning no air brakes.  Anything with air brakes to operate requires the next level of license.  We have many less licenses than what I think European countries are used to.  We have boater’s license, cycle endorsements, driver’s license allowing you to drive a car, truck, and haul trailer, then you get into the air brakes and CDLs and chauffeur’s licenses for cargo and people moving, etc.  we don’t have licensing for snowmobile riders, just age requirements.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@953 nut Norman’s also getting a clutch upgrade.  Last week, the clutch pedal assembly which holds the master cylinder in place on the firewall, well, it blew out.  I am so fortunate that this happened in my driveway the day and a half BEFORE my 2718 mile round trip to get the camper :handgestures-thumbupright:

57AE36C6-5347-4CC6-BA4F-1F93D140A90F.jpeg

F8942E88-A5AB-443C-B949-5772454DB68F.jpeg

0DC940FB-31B7-46CC-BCA6-059C2D68A6B1.jpeg

79A8024D-7983-48B8-8573-CE4A326461EB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Sad 2

Maxwell-8
9 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Max, the full size trucks shown above have what @Achto calls “juice brakes” meaning no air brakes.  Anything with air brakes to operate requires the next level of license.  We have many less licenses than what I think European countries are used to.  We have boater’s license, cycle endorsements, driver’s license allowing you to drive a car, truck, and haul trailer, then you get into the air brakes and CDLs and chauffeur’s licenses for cargo and people moving, etc.  we don’t have licensing for snowmobile riders, just age requirements.  

Yeah, we need a license for pretty much everything except the stuff that is muscle powered. Even for every electric bicycle that can move without you peddling.  

Only the 1500, F150, ... can be driven with a normal car license. Not to forget you can only haul a trailer for 1700 lbs behind those. So pulling two horses is pretty mucjjh illegal and you need a special license that sets you back +1000$ if not more. But everything over A F350, 3500..  You need a more extrem license (+2000$) and you have to follow a couple lessons each year. 

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Maxwell-8
5 minutes ago, pullstart said:

F8942E88-A5AB-443C-B949-5772454DB68F.jpeg

Plastic fantastic right?

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Replacement looks alot less complicated than OEM! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Replacement looks alot less complicated than OEM! 

I had to loosen the dash and ratchet strap it back with the back door pillars get the old one out!  New one slipped right in.  Thanks K.B. Diesel Performance!

• Like 2

Achto
26 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Only the 1500, F150, ... can be driven with a normal car license.

A CDL is required to operate any vehicle weighting over 26,000 pounds, any vehicle with air brakes, or used to transport more that 10 passengers including the driver.

Unless it is a motor home, then it can be as big as you want, air brakes, etc. Anybody with a valid drivers license can operate one of those.

Our big hauler is under 26,000lbs and has hydraulic brakes "juice brakes" , so it does not require a special license to drive.

IMG_20190710_071044744.jpg.f2e7cbb9503c090261a001c8a7f7f39d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

stevebo

Where the heck will everyone sit otw to the big show??

• Haha 3