Bill D

Kohler carb kit differences

Bill D

What are the differences between the 2575701s kit and the 2575702s kit?  Also I am working on a K341 and it calls for carb kit 2575711s which is totally different from the other two.  Why?  Thanks for the advice.  Bill

ebinmaine

Does this thread help?

7 minutes ago, Bill D said:

2575701s

This is the number I use for 60s and 70s Kohler carbs. 

pfrederi

Does your 341 have a Walbro carb?

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

roadapples

Between 01 and 02 the tip of the seat is the only difference. But it does matter...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Does your 341 have a Walbro carb?

Is there a cutoff year for these? I've only dealt with Kohler's previous to maybe 76 or 77 and all of mine have been colder carbs. Not Walbro. 

pfrederi

I am not sure it was so much a year cutoff.  Could be what they had available.  Have to tell probably by engine spec numbers.

• Like 1

pfrederi

The 2575711s is for walbro carbs ..Long skinny float valve.  Right inpic  You can see the difference on the valve seat road apples mentioned

IMG_0151.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Is there a cutoff year for these? I've only dealt with Kohler's previous to maybe 76 or 77 and all of mine have been colder carbs. Not Walbro. 

Add to the confusion I have some WHs with Walbro Fixed Jet some adjustable.  Not for sure if they are original either...

• Like 2

Bill D
2 hours ago, roadapples said:

Between 01 and 02 the tip of the seat is the only difference. But it does matter...

How do I tell the difference?  It does not have a walbro carb.  Bill

roadapples

I'd take it apart and see which is in it now...

• Like 1

gwest_ca

This manual is hard to follow viewing one page at a time because there is no way to determine if you are viewing a left or right page.

In book form there is a left and right page on the same subject.

Garry

JCM

Came across this Kohler kit in the house this morning and I know I have more in the shop, but passing on this info in case it helps.  #25  757  01-S   with my handwritten note backside  fits 8 hp-14 hp.

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, JCM said:

Came across this Kohler kit in the house this morning and I know I have more in the shop, but passing on this info in case it helps.  #25  757  01-S   with my handwritten note backside  fits 8 hp-14 hp.

Fits my 16 too Jim. 

• Thanks 1

tunahead72
13 hours ago, roadapples said:

I'd take it apart and see which is in it now...

13 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

This manual is hard to follow viewing one page at a time because there is no way to determine if you are viewing a left or right page.

In book form there is a left and right page on the same subject.

Garry

That would be my advice also.  If you don't feel like taking it apart just yet, look for numbers stamped into the mounting flange, or anywhere else on the body of the carb.  If you find a Kohler number stamped on it, you can look through the (very useful) manual that Garry posted and find all kinds of information about your carb, including a detailed parts breakdown and exactly which kit you need.

Gregor

So letting my stupid out again. 8HP, style #16 carb.  14HP, style #30 carb. Same kit fits both?

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Gregor said:

So letting my stupid out again. 8HP, style #16 carb.  14HP, style #30 carb. Same kit fits both?

Nothing stupid there. 

Legitimate question. 

Yes. 

The flange mounts are the same size. The throat size is what changes and that has no effect on gasket size. 

• Thanks 1

ACman

@JCM @tunahead72 @roadapples @daveoman1966 so I just had a carb rebuilt for my k91 which my nephew lost the needle during tear down and the guy used a 02-S kit . I’m looking for a kit for my cousin’s 63 John Deere (cough) 110 which has a k161 . 64 and up used k181 like Wheel Horse did . Do you think it’s a 01-S is the one to order. I know this is the original engine on his tractor . My RJ who knows what year th k91 is  or what it came off of . 

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, ACman said:

@JCM @tunahead72 @roadapples @daveoman1966 so I just had a carb rebuilt for my k91 which my nephew lost the needle during tear down and the guy used a 02-S kit . I’m looking for a kit for my cousin’s 63 John Deere (cough) 110 which has a k161 . 64 and up used k181 like Wheel Horse did . Do you think it’s a 01-S is the one to order. I know this is the original engine on his tractor . My RJ who knows what year th k91 is  or what it came off of . 

My notes tell me that up to 16 horse single cylinder is an '01s. I don't know what the difference is between the 01 and 02.

Wheelhorse#1

removed  

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
mistake

ACman
On 4/16/2021 at 3:03 PM, pfrederi said:

The 2575711s is for walbro carbs ..Long skinny float valve.  Right inpic  You can see the difference on the valve seat road apples mentioned

IMG_0151.JPG

did you mean 01-s not 11s and do you know if the gaskets are the same ? @ebinmaine it just got me wondering :scratchead:because it seems all the aftermarket are the same generic stuff inside the bag .

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, ACman said:

did you mean 01-s not 11s and do you know if the gaskets are the same ? @ebinmaine it just got me wondering :scratchead:because it seems all the aftermarket are the same generic stuff inside the bag .

I can take a look at the two specific different Kohler kits when I get home in about an hour. 

I'm wondering if maybe the bowl size is different?

roadapples

Only rebuilt 10 through 16s. The only difference I know of is in pfrederi's picture...

@oldredrider???