Goldnboy

c series 3pt build

Goldnboy

I am gathering ideas for adding 3pt to a 8 speed B-80 repowered with 14Hp.

As of now my plan is to repurpose a 3pt from a Case 444 and mount aka receciver hitch style with wheelhorsemans hitch (so i can still use a snow blade), a control valve from any c series, but now sure of a source for the hydraulic pump, and the oil reservoir tank. I would be able to remove the 3pt with quick couplers and pulling one pin from the receiver hitch IF needed.

What are good sources for the oil tank and to possibly contain under hood?

What flow rate would be needed with the hydraulic pump. 

I have a good plan in my head with channel iron attaching the 3pt plate to the receiver hitch.

20190718_101401.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I can't help with the info you need but this'll be VERY interesting.

@wallfish

@953 nut

@pfrederi

@RandyLittrell

@T-Mo

@stevebo

Maybe could lead you in the right direction...

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

I would think the tank could be under the hood or seat depending on where your gas tank is. You will need to find a pump rated for v belt use, not all of them are. I have a set of loader plans from PF Engineering and could check what specs you need on the pump. I would think the B-80 would have lots of room under the hood compared to others. 

Receiver hitches are kinda sloppy fitting so maybe add some like this to help. 

https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-50023-Tightener-Stabilizer-Hitches/dp/B07JDD8L3H/ref=asc_df_B07JDD8L3H/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343227722076&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9074039843602743907&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9023400&hvtargid=pla-693753947949&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=68750937003&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343227722076&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9074039843602743907&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9023400&hvtargid=pla-693753947949

Wish I had more info, I got lucky and bought the loader already mounted, so I really don't know all the specs on pumps and such. Northern has lots of hydraulic parts. 

Randy

oliver2-44

Pump sizing will be dependent on the cylinder size and the time you want it to lift the 3 point.  so give us the following information on the cylinder you plant to use

Cylinder Stroke (length of rod travel

cylinder internal OD (estimated since you dont have it apart)

cylinder rod diameter.

Desired speed of lift.

You make be able to uses a 12v electric packaged hydraulic system and safe a lot of belt and bracket and hose work.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:    Take a look at any truck that has a power lift gate and you will see they use an electric pump that has a motor like a starter motor. with any luck you could find the motor and pump at a truck salvage yard. You shouldn't need much of a oil tank, just enough to allow for expansion and contraction due to temperature, those pumps probably have the tank built in. The whole system would retain the same volume of fluid since the cylinder is a double acting unit.

I agree with @RandyLittrell about the sloppy fit of a receiver hitch, you may want to attach the unit directly to the rear axle housings and the 3/4"hitch pin cast into the transaxle. You can test it with the receiver hitch and see if you like it, no harm in trying.

• Like 1

Pullstart

I fave a few Fisher truck snow plow pumps I believe.  They are a pump and reservoir in one and are driven off a V-belt.  If it will work on my 8’ plow, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on a garden tractor...

A66BDCD8-19E3-42A9-9B5F-3131795D0623.png

Edited by pullstart
Spelling and picture...
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

I have seen quite a few cub guys use one of these. 

sagpspump.jpg

Its an older GM power steering pump. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H
42 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I fave a few Fisher truck snow plow pumps I believe.  They are a pump and reservoir in one and are driven off a V-belt.  If it will work on my 8’ plow, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on a garden tractor...

A66BDCD8-19E3-42A9-9B5F-3131795D0623.png

How about the old Meyers electric snow plow pumps power up and gravity down...https://www.amazon.com/MEYER-ELECTRIC-MOTOR-15054-S5054SP/dp/B078Z44FLW...  OR...   https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123446954548 ... Leaves the PTO drive open for a mower deck, snow blower, tiller ect :confusion-confused:.

• Like 2

littleredrider

I'm looking into the 3 point again. I have a complete plow set up off a truck, just missing the cylinders. Looks very simliar to pump pic above. Let us know how things are going!!! Getting ideas going....

• Like 1

Goldnboy

Well I have changed this plan after realizing that cat 0/1 implements of disc, plow, and mower would never be used by me, and many others in sleeve hitch are easy to obtainin my area. So I decided to go with a hydraulic lift addon for my 8 speed. Thus I have acquired a complete hydraulic lift from a C160 which I believe should be a bolt in fit. I have read about this done on a C120.

Thus my other two items I was looking at was a solid rod from the mid rock shaft to the rear rock shaft? This would give me the capability for rear attachment solid lift that matches the tractors limits more closely. The other idea is putting a starter generator pulley on the flywheel to run the power steering pump for hydraulics or use a stub shaft pulley combination. Which is better the stub shaft?

Goldnboy

20190824_215741.jpg

gwest_ca

The stub shaft would allow you to pick the desired pump rpm. I think a generator pulley would be much too fast.

Garry