WHX22
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Got this Brinly too

Holy crap a double score! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

19richie66
29 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Holy crap a double score! :handgestures-thumbupright:

And four suitcase weights. Quadruple score!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

We could make a “plow dog” out of you yet Richie!:lol:

I was just picturing you shining up those plows by going to the local beach, slapping a set of high floatation tires (think @ebinmaine!)on your favorite tractor, hook on a plow, some sunscreen, and get to work!:auto-layrubber: Not sure how it would go over with “Baywatch” but I’ll bet you that it would draw a crowd.  The furrows would fill in fast but then you could just keep on plowing—almost like pressing the reset button on your “field” (every Plow dogs dream)!  :text-lol:

Tom—thanks for the picture.  That corrects a HUGE misconception that most people have about plow share size.  You don’t measure back along the share to determine the size, you measure out perpendicular to the landside from the suck point to the outside edge of the share.  Essentially, it is the width of how much soil you are cutting out on each pass.

A666B474-229D-4EEF-858E-D4657F0F4505.jpeg.86dfca8c4ce0b44366173c37b6a2bb62.jpeg

Dad’s Plow has a 10” share and so it cuts approximately a 10” furrow on every pass. 

48E1CF4B-EC58-4FF6-B7B9-F874AD3554C3.jpeg.cf494cac95ff5558d7bff08f01c6e1fb.jpeg

Caleb is using an 8” plow which is cutting approximately an 8” furrow.  

Hopefully between this post and Tom’s above, it clears up the misconception of how the size of a plow is measured...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

, slapping a set of high floatation tires (think @ebinmaine!)on your favorite tractor,

Hey 

Go BIG or go home!!

It probably won't be this year due to plenty on our proverbial plates already.... I've still got the thought of a Big-Wheel Horse in the future.

Our work forklifts have Carlisle ags, 31-15.50-15.

YYEEAAAAHHHHHH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
9 hours ago, WHX21 said:

That's a real nice score Ritchie :handgestures-thumbupright:... in fact that is now my dibs plow!

I don't think I have ever saw one with that brace off the landslide. Is that a dealer sticker on it??

Believe it or not Jim, this plow is a Florida native. It was sold at Thrailkill Bike and Mower in Orlando. I have my dad’s C-120 that also was sold at the same dealer. He got it from the original owners which were friends of his. I have the bill of sale somewhere. (I hope) 

• Excellent 3

19richie66

I’ll have to figure out which tractor it would work on better. The C-120 and 953 are the only manual Tractors I have.

Edited by 19richie66

19richie66

The wheel Horse plow is a 12” plow. I believe the Brinly is too. 

• Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

Richie—that is a good question. It is really hard to argue against the original Big Wheel tractors: gear driven, hydraulic lift, high clearance, classic big tractor stance.  However, the local circle here in WI all plow with conventional “small wheel” tractors and they work great.  Caleb’s JackRabbit really impressed me as well and that is a hydrostatic machine as you well know.  Honestly, I don’t think you could go wrong with either machine.  The key is to purpose build it for plowing. Doesn’t mean it CAN’T be used for another purpose but that should be its primary purpose.  When you look at Dan’s Raider, Tom’s “the Machine”, or my GhostRider, they are all set up as Plow mules. They are setup and ready to go plowing at a moments notice.  It will be fun to watch and see what you decide.  You will definitely have to start a thread...”building a plow mule!”

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

However, the local circle here in WI all plow with conventional “small wheel” tractors and they work great.

They may get the job done, but your dad's 953 gets the job done and looks so kool doing it!                :twocents-02cents:

Image result for don't be a follower, be a trendsetter                            :ROTF:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

You know I like Big Wheels Richard!  One of dad’s 953 YouTube plowing videos has gone viral and has over a million hits...

8CD40990-F39A-4406-9ABC-E505A66623D1.jpeg.29bac5997043470224f7b7246cae0c16.jpeg

It is definitely a fun tractor to use.  It really comes down to what you prefer to build.  High clearance skinny tires seem to do a good job, it does take a little more work to set the plow for the height of the rear hitch.  I could see Richie building a drop hitch if the need presented itself:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 2

WHX22

Well we all know now where Dick's heart lies! :lol:

Either tractor would do just fine Ritchie. Tom's @Shynongot a boss 953 or 1054 I CRS but he plowed abit with it and did well. :text-imsorry: no pics.... maybe 'Jack or Dan @Achto does?

Eventually I will have one of my 953's ready to plow just a matter of having the project time, getting two 953's to function as one ain't exactly a weekend project but certainly up on the project list. Hydraulics are a plus for us old farts with bad shoulders:text-lol:

BTW fellas my plow day is tentatively set for 10/19/19 but that's up in the air as of this writing. I have yet to officially put in on the RS calendar. Everthing is going to hinge on the harvest.... growers getting their beans/corn off. Who knows what the fall is going to be like. One thing fer sure with what we did last year people were impressed we plowed what we did with a single bottom.  Weather be damned we can honestly say we plowed in snow! 

I have also been approached by a vintage tractor club about some advertising in their newsletter and a monetary donation. Still on the fence about that till we have a high level meeting :occasion-xmas: with those who help me put this gig on.   

Your excused Ritchie due to

(1) Distance

(2) Maybe not having a tractor ready

(3) Being beaver whipped 

(4) :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX21
  • Haha 4

Shynon

@WHX21 1054 with a 12hp, 8 pinion differential. 

1054.jpg

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 5

19richie66
8 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Well we all know now where Dick's heart lies! :lol:

Either tractor would do just fine Ritchie. Tom's @Shynongot a boss 953 or 1054 I CRS but he plowed abit with it and did well. :text-imsorry: no pics.... maybe 'Jack or Dan @Achto does?

Eventually I will have one of my 953's ready to plow just a matter of having the project time, getting two 953's to function as one ain't exactly a weekend project but certainly up on the project list. Hydraulics are a plus for us old farts with bad shoulders:text-lol:

BTW fellas my plow day is tentatively set for 10/19/19 but that's up in the air as of this writing. I have yet to officially put in on the RS calendar. Everthing is going to hinge on the harvest.... growers getting their beans/corn off. Who knows what the fall is going to be like. One thing fer sure with what we did last year people were impressed we plowed what we did with a single bottom.  Weather be damned we can honestly say we plowed in snow! 

I have also been approached by a vintage tractor club about some advertising in their newsletter and a monetary donation. Still on the fence about that till we have a high level meeting :occasion-xmas: with those who help me put this gig on.   

Your excused Ritchie due to

(1) Distance

(2) Maybe not having a tractor ready

(3) Being beaver whipped 

(4) :laughing-rolling:

1) :handgestures-thumbupright:

2) :confusion-shrug:

3)   :confusion-confused:

4) :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5