need help with rear tires
Nick Vaughn, in Wheel Horse Tractors
Wheel Horse RJ-58 with RMR-32 deck and a slot hitch cultivator for sale. I got this cleaned up, motor swapped from a giant old 3hp Briggs (got rid of the spacers the previous owner had under the hood) and rebuilt the mower deck with new bearings, bearing blocks and gear covers, found two sets of NOS blade tips, mowed the yard five or six times and it's ready to go to a new home. Found that the model/serial were hand-stamped on the frame alongside the tag. Weld-repaired some cracks on the RMR-32 and the slot hitch. I don't have the room or time to do a proper restoration. As it sits, it's a solid mowing machine that's ready to work for another 50 years.
Great running Predator 212cc, trimmed airbox and routed exhaust to work with hood
Cleaned gas tank and new gas line/filter
New shifter boot
Fresh grease in all fittings
Flushed and fresh gear lube in transmission
New bearings in RMR-32 spindles
New bearing blocks for RMR-32 driveshaft
Solid deck, very few if any rust spots
NOS hi-lift blade tips less than a season old
Additional set of NOS hi-lift blade tips
Original BFGoodrich/Firestone tires
Tag/serial number still attached to frame
Cultivator has been freed up and adjusts properly
The not good:
Weld-repaired front wheels
Rear tire inner sidewalls starting to peel
Hood has a few extra holes cut in
No belt guards
Right rear hub had a bolt driven into the key slot and stripped the threads - I removed it and cleaned up the keyslot, added another threaded hole and put a set screw and fresh key in. The hub has been shimmed on the shaft with brass stock to take up some slack left by the old bolt and shaft wallowing it out slightly.
What gauges were standard on wheel horse D160 D180 D200 series tractors?
Was the dash light only an option on the D200?
On D180 and D200 series tractors I've seen, it seems like they all had Ammeter, oil pressure, and transmission temperature.
I've only seen engine hours and dashlight on one D200.
I'm not sure about D160. I have never seen one up close.
Operator manual 810343R1
34 pages 17.5MB
1 page 228KB
1984 C-105 8-Speed model 11-10K802
1984 C-125 8-Speed model 11-12K802
1984 C-145 Automatic model 11-14KE01 - Some used alternate inner axle bearing See PSB #369
1984 C-165 8-Speed model 11-16K801
1984 C-175 Twin Automatic model 11-17KE01 - Some used alternate inner axle bearing See PSB #369
1984 C-195 Twin Automatic model 01-19KE02
Operator manual #810296R1
4 pages 848.00KB
IPL from Toro Master Parts Viewer
2 pages 171.30KB
1983 B-Series and LT-Series See Product Service bulletin
1984 B-Series and LT-Series
For vertical shaft 200 series models 1985 onwards but was also used with 1979-80 B series models (supplied with different lift rod) Fits for example B-165 or 216-5.
Dozer 1983 42in model 06-42BB02 Complete
1983 serial numbers that have shown up for the 06-42BB02
20452 - Build date 1983 3259 September 16 Friday
20551 - Build date 1983 3259 September 16 Friday  Guess
Dozer 1984 42in model 06-42BB02 Complete
1984 serial numbers that have shown up for the 06-42BB02
23294 - Build date 1984 4193 July 12 Thursday
Dozer 1985 42in model 06-42BB02 Complete
Dozer 1986 42in model 06-42BB02 Complete
Link to service bulletin
By Brandon Byers
I know I'm half a year ahead of schedule!
I picked this 1974 D-180 up early last year. It had a pretty hard life, and the previous owner gave his best attempt at keeping it alive. Hydro was strong so I serviced it and put it to work mowing all year. I decided if it would make it through the season then it would get some TLC. By fall it was burning about a quart of oil an hour but it made it. I have no clue how many hours are on it, every hole, bushing, bearing on this tractor is pooched. If you look closely, somebody used two 1" NPT Pipe Flanges to rebuild the mounting points for the upper 3 point cylinder. Hey it works!
I rebuilt the steering gearbox and re-bushed the front axle along with making new spindles.
I had the 482 Kohler bored .20 over (it was .10 over already) and gave it a rebuild with the intention of putting it back to work on snow duty.
I then dawned on me that this tractor will be 50 years old next year - and these old D's are becoming harder and harder to find anymore. So I decided to customize it a bit and go for what a maybe a dealership would offer for a 50th anniversary model if Wheel Horse was still in business today (In another universe, maybe!)
As D's aren't known for their looks - and I can't leave anything alone. I took approximately 2 Inches out of the grille and bezel.
I updated most of the wiring and lights. Gave it a new set of Carlisle Ags along with Vredestein front ribs. It got a new seat and I painted all the accents aluminum.
I patched, rebuilt the 48" deck and put new blades, wheels, and hardware on it. The Blade & 3 point scoop somebody adapted to it also got some attention.
Lastly I stripped it most of the way down and painted it with IH red acrylic urethane enamel.
I always forget to take pictures during my projects but here's a few:
Thanks for reading!!