Sparky

Locked in for the 2024 show!

Mike'sHorseBarn

I need to do this today! lol

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
50 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Should be on the grounds by 10am or so Thursday morning.

Thursday is when the real wheelin and dealin is done.  Looking forward to seeing you.

I am booked at the Quality Inn, Chambersburg, stayed there before and was happy with the room.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

JoeM
18 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I'm permanently book at Mrs.Ks B&B

Remember the year she dragged you on vacation? Bucket sales were down a bit! :hide:

• Haha 8

squonk

Randy @rjg854 and I talked about this a bit today. Trailer will be "Tiller Heavy"  Hope the Quality Inn got new picnic tables for the "Picnic Table of Knowledge and our Seminar by @elcamino/wheelhorse "Quadrajet Carbs and You!" 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk and @rjg854 If that little walk behind WH tiller is not on the trailer the class will be on an Cater AFB series E on a 327 Cu in. with a 4 speed and a 456 rear. and Sir Skunky will be the teacher.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
On 2/1/2024 at 2:48 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk and @rjg854 If that little walk behind WH tiller is not on the trailer the class will be on an Cater AFB series E on a 327 Cu in. with a 4 speed and a 456 rear. and Sir Skunky will be the teacher.

@Waldo If you want to walk behind this tiller all day, I'm sure @Pullstart will find a spot in his barn for you to sleep! 

tt3.jpg.a6f174877bdefd6a6232dbc8aa0713b5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

rmaynard

Man, dragging the whole family is quite a haul. Have another driver bring another trailer to take home some more stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

wallfish
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

Okay boys and girls Mrs. C-Series has officially booked us an Air BNB. Happy to say that this year in attendance will be my bride, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, brother, and his girlfriend! Like many others we are going to roll in Thursday morning, it’s now become a little bit of a joke that we have to get there early to get to deals!! I think I’ve only missed four shows since the start of it, the first one, kids graduating and a wedding! I’m really looking forward to bringing a few tractors and seeing so many of the friends I’ve made over the years. 

It is kinda like a family reunion atmosphere down there.

Look forward to it every year and haven't missed one since I started going in ?2010 I think. It's always too short and it's over before you know it. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

c-series don
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

Man, dragging the whole family is quite a haul. Have another driver bring another trailer to take home some more stuff. 

We are taking two separate trucks. I’ll be pulling my enclosed trailer, I’m trying to borrow another trailer so my son in law can bring a few tractors too! Of course we will leave room in in case we bring something home! 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
On 2/2/2024 at 11:48 AM, Docwheelhorse said:

Can't wait for the show and I'm praying for 75--80 and clear skies

Amen to that!

I’ve seen the scorching 90’s and the deluge. Somewhere in the middle, please!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, c-series don said:

Okay boys and girls Mrs. C-Series has officially booked us an Air BNB

Wow Don,  bring that gang over to my bucket trailer.    I might be able to offer a "FAMILY SPECIAL".   :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

953 nut
On 2/2/2024 at 11:48 AM, Docwheelhorse said:

I'm praying for 75--80 and clear skies

Most days are like that for at least ten minutes between the fidged rain and the scorching heat.     :ychain:     Keep praying, we will all appreciate it. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
7 hours ago, squonk said:

@Waldo If you want to walk behind this tiller all day, I'm sure @Pullstart will find a spot in his barn for you to sleep! 

tt3.jpg.a6f174877bdefd6a6232dbc8aa0713b5.jpg

I thought you told me it has a hitch adapter for suspenders?  @elcamino/wheelhorse if you pull it that would be better than another Tecky doing the job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lane Ranger

I am booked in a hotel in Gettysburg!  For the Big Show!  Third year staying in A hotel rather than camping!

It will be my second trip to Pennsylvania from Indiana in June as I will be attending the 50th Anniversary of the ABANA ( https://abana.org ) Annual Conference in Johnstown, Pennsylvania on June 6 thru 9th.

The Ralph Family Trust will be sponsoring three competitive forging teams in the memory of my father Clifton E. Ralph, the power hammer man.

🏅Think you have what it takes to compete at the International Team Forging Competition? Sign up and find out! We’re looking for teams of up to four people to compete for cash prizes totalling $2,000! Plus the bragging rights are a nice bonus.😉

Teams will have 4 hours to forge a piece reflecting on the theme “ABANA – 50 Years of Forging Connections”. Judging will be done by a panel that includes one of ABANA’s founders, Peter Renzetti, and Luc Vandecasteele who previously served as a judge for the World Forging Championship in Stia, Italy.

So grab a few friends (or compete solo, if you prefer) and make plans to come to our 50th Anniversary Celebration & Conference.

#internationalteamforgingcompetition #abana50th #forgingcompetition #forging #blacksmithing #blacksmith #blacksmithchallenge #hammerandanvil #metalwork #art #artist #artistblacksmith #farrier #farriers #bladesmith #bladesmiths #blacksmiths #blacksmithlife #smiths #abanateamcomp

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_0050.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I thought you told me it has a hitch adapter for suspenders?  @elcamino/wheelhorse if you pull it that would be better than another Tecky doing the job!

i have a better idea than suspenders, a dog collar, logging chain and an anchor off an aircraft carrier, all for Sir Skunky so he won't ruin the BS for everybody!

• Like 1

WHX??

OK now you guys are starting to tick me off. Someone make diesel drop below 3 a gallon and I'm there! 

9 hours ago, c-series don said:

Okay boys and girls Mrs. C-Series has officially booked us an Air BNB. Happy to say that this year in attendance will be my bride, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter, brother, and his girlfriend and my dogs. 

I'm in fer sure you bring your dogs Don! 

• Haha 3

squonk

@elcamino/wheelhorse You need to tell me what sandwiches you want to pick up at the SHEETZ when I stop for gas in Mansfield! 

• Haha 3

rjg854

@squonk and I are booked at the Quality Inn. Be there Wednesday, Hope to see you there.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

stevebo
On 2/4/2024 at 10:02 AM, rmaynard said:

Brennanbo and I discussed this option too. I will probably be dragging the hotel on wheels with minimal garage space. He and a buddy may haul the 18’ trailer behind his rig. 

IMG_2606.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4