WHX??

You'll never find ...

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WHX??You better get your eyes checked , that is ugly than a @squonk:ROTF:. I had to go there ,  I like the front bumper. it looks in good shape, where are the close-up photos?  I had a POS El Camino that looked great at 40 feet away. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

c-series don

@WHX?? I have never even seen a WH seat like that? How rare do you suppose it is? If I had to guess I’d say very! 

• Like 6

WHX??
16 minutes ago, c-series don said:

@WHX?? I have never even seen a WH seat like that? How rare do you suppose it is? If I had to guess I’d say very! 

You and me both Don. There was one similar but not like that on my 1067. 

Only thing I can think of is perhaps a dealer replacement? :confusion-shrug:

Surely with the embossing ther must be others. Non survivors? 

When Mike and I first saw the listing the seat hit us right away. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 4

c-series don

In my 40 years of being around Wheel Horses I don’t remember ever seeing a seat like that. I can’t wait to see it all cleaned up. And please check your back pockets every time before you sit on it 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Right Don... it may come off get reconditioned and get put away. 

Second looks that may be the same seat as my 1067 but it was way too far gone. Best pic I got. It did have the waffle pattern and the embossing.  I cut the embossing out and on the wall for shop art. 

20160524_181038.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

WHX??

She needs a good bath in a bad bad way. Transmission is soaked in oil so maybe some seals. Shifter boot is gone but appears to have always been stored under cover. 

Supposed to get snowed in tomorrow so a good time to hole up in the shop with her. See if I can get it running and check the hubs. 

On the good side battery seems to be taking a charge. For yall that don't know this and other '67 models take the $$ automotive style batts. 

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

As always, entertaining story. You like picking up lost :wh:'s in snow storms don't ya?!?!? :ychain:

• Haha 5

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

20240111_143738.jpg

I think those seats were specific to the **67 models. My 867 had the exact same seat on it when I got it but it was all cracked to shpit. Does your seat have a fiberglass bottom pan? Mine did. 

IMG_20220212_071028341.jpg.cc79c48bc8393ea4d1e4ae86847c752a.jpg

BTW - Nice looking tractor !! Holdin' out on me again eh??? :D

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

Does your seat have a fiberglass bottom pan? Mine did. 

Will have to look I know my 1067 pan was metal but same seat. 

Odd that my 867 or 857 does not have that seat which we thought to be orginal. 

7 minutes ago, Achto said:

Holdin' out on me again eh??? :D

Well um ahhh... I had to go scarf it quick and knew you was at the salt mine. You woulda been a better navigator tho. 

Actually  Dan this woulda been two miles out of my way on the way to Spike Camp but this stupid weather which is what I had planned. Go feed mice and  maybe fill my bow tag. Seller had different ideas. 

• Like 2

WHX??

Just for reference here @c-series don the seats on my small bores. Almost positive now my 1067 same as Dan's The waffle seats. 

867 then 857. @Shynon claims the 867 is all orginal but we already know how many horse apples  he is is full of! :ychain:

Guessing the waffle seats were for the big blocks but Dan throws a monkey wrench in that theory. 

20191207_092755.jpg9

20190512_171554.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Achto
4 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I had to go scarf it quick and knew you was at the salt mine.

Salt mine has been my life this week. What is today?? Oh yea it's Thursday and I already have 53hrs in. Hopefully only another 12.5hrs tomorrow. :wacko: Busy with witness tests on 13,200 volt 750kw units.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Achto
2 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Guessing the waffle seats were for the big blocks but Dan throws a monkey wrench in that theory. 

Could be wrong but I was thinkin'  only the 867, 1067 and 1267 came with that seat. They are the only tractors that I have ever seen them on. Oh, most of them were all cracked as bad as mine.

• Excellent 3

WHX??
35 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:clap:

As always, entertaining story. You like picking up lost :wh:'s in snow storms don't ya?!?!? :ychain:

Oh ... I forgot about you in scoring for another... think I got my butt reamed for that too! 

8 minutes ago, Achto said:

only the 867, 1067 and 1267 came with that seat. 

Might be on to something ther Dan. Only ones considered "deluxe" with head lights? 

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

So there you go Don. It would suffice to say they are not really rare... except for in this condition which is really rare.  We'll take that for gospel unless someone proves us different. 

That said Mike it's coming off and getting restored and replaced  with a cheap seat for run around. 

Seat stays with the tractor tho. Don's got me nervous about my switch blade opening on seat time. :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

Easily the rarest Wheel-Horse seat to find still intact. 

Most have never even seen one before.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

JoeM

Soaking this all in waiting for the BUNN to take a leak. Nice!

That front bumper has got to have saved the hood front. should have been standard equipment. 

Just a bath and a few seals...... viola a survivor. 

Could you just imagine the owner, when he brought that puppy home, showing it off to the neighbor. Yeah, got me a Wheel Horse! 

Someone said waffle now me hungry. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Retired Wrencher

@Achhto every 67 model I ever had had this style seat on it. Maybe just for the six speeds?   @WHX?? Very nice pick up. If that was mine I tear it down to the frame and clean every part on it and Just enjoy it. Currently doing this to a 1057. I am going to put some Marvil on the parts to bring back the color that is there.And maybe put the deck on the shelf. Enjoy the Ride! 

IMG_20220603_133854734.jpeg

Edited by Retired Wrencher
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

It appears that every owner along the way truly cared for that tractor. It goes to show that they are still out there, rare but still out there. I’m happy to see it’s in good hands. 

• Like 3

Pullstart

I like that bumper!  Before all the seat talkin’ I was thinking man, I haven’t seen one of those before…

• Like 6

squonk

I picked up this almost unmolested 857 from @857 horse HHHOOOWWWAAARRRDDD!!! in 2018 at the show. The seat was hideous ( looked like a pin cushion my Grandmother had that the Bumpus Hounds from Christmas story got a hold of. Wish I took a pic!) It was so bad I had @BOB ELLISON recover it right then and there. Only non-stock were the rear wheels and tires .(which I prefer anyway.) It also had the remnants of the exhaust powered bug sprayer! 

2075838855_2018showbits006.JPG.639b282d05b0c89ebc4c3cd27f39aec5.JPG

• Like 6

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                                                                   :woohoo:

I have never seen a seat like that without it being in little square pieces.           :handgestures-thumbupright:            and it even came with the cigarette lighter, life is good. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Retired Wrencher said:

If that was mine I tear it down to the frame and clean every part on it and Just enjoy it.

Exactly what I would do Wrencher. Clean, tag & bag every original nut n bolt. 

A 1057 and a LR is the only one missing from my '67 harem. 

I would also go through the deck and :chores-mowlawn: with it but just once. 

I mowed for many years in the 90s with the 1067. 

Gotta wait for Mike H. to chime in and see what his thoughts are. 

7 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

it even came with the cigarette lighter, life is good. 

Yes Richard... never been used and works! 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2