Snoopy11

Ahoy! Where's my finger tip?

Snoopy11

Hey guys,

I have an injury to report that happened the day before yesterday. I was in the process of winterizing our chicken coop... and was cutting some foam insulation, poking some holes in some things with my pocket knife. WELL... I didn't realize that my knife was not all the way open, and I went to poke a hole with it... the freshly sharpened knife closed on my right hand index finger.

Unfortunately, the knife took off part of the left side of my finger tip and half of my fingernail. What a bloody mess.... literally. The bone stopped the knife from completely severing the finger...

I had the 800 Special over at the coop, so I was able to ride back to the house... with my finger leaking fluids everywhere... (hey @peter lena... the fluids were red, so it must have been Lucas grease!!!)

Anyway, so I went up to the house, got some paper towels... etc... but had to go get the finger checked out at the local urgent care.

While sitting in the waiting room... there was an older guy in there who reminded me a lot of @stevasaurus... even looked a little like him. I got in a conversation with him, at first about general things, then he told me that he was a Navy vet and had served for 20 years, retired, then started his own lawncare business. His first name was William, and he said that he was on several ships including the U.S.S. Vicksburg. He wanted to stay in touch with me... he told me that he had never met a young-gun quite like me... so he shared his contact information.

Anyway, the UC doctor said that there was nothing to stitch... (ha ha)... so the doctor just stopped the bleeding, cleaned it out very well, and bandaged. She said that the nail will grow back... :pray:

The pain is pretty much subsided now, but I have complete numbness in what is left of that finger... when I press on what is left of the fingertip... I cannot feel anything.

I guess what I learned from this is... either hurt myself and gain friends... or make sure that my knife is open all the way and not make more friends...? :confusion-confused:

I'm not sure that using a dull knife would have helped? :P

Pictures would not me PG rated, so I will abstain... @SylvanLakeWH... :teasing-poke:

@Pullstart... I guess I have enough scars on my left hand... now I need to start gaining some on my right hand...? I thought you said that chicks dig scars... if so, I am in luck? Or was it that chicks dig stinky feet? :scared-eek:

Don

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Pullstart

Looks like we have a new Red Square Darwin Award podium position holder!  Chicks dig scars and left hand injuries make me a better golfer!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Darwin Award

I just Googled that... not sure if it necessarily applies to a "hand"-finger... :scared-eek:

"Basically, the concept is that people kill/injure themselves to the point where reproduction is no longer possible whilst doing something surrealistically stupid. By insuring that their stupid genes do not spread, they ultimately help humanity and thus receive an award"

When people tell us they have a free reward #ToBeAPartner #BaristaLife |  Grinch memes, Grinch, Christmas memes

42b9651b-4efc-4e8b-8d6d-b85720ead2b4_text.gif.7e9d6be020bd1e06993a1639c3dd63c7.gif

:laughing-rofl:

Don

• Haha 3

The Freightliner Guy

Glad you didn’t cut your finger off snoops that’d suck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
7 minutes ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

Glad you didn’t cut your finger off snoops that’d suck

On my left hand, middle finger (nothing meant by that), I have a giant scar... I had a nice slab of concrete dropped on my finger via a forklift... :P

I had to get stitches for that one... almost took about an inch of the finger off... :huh:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Sad 3

Snoopy11

Oh well, I'll give you one visual @SylvanLakeWH... blood and gore...

Shield your eyes!

100_2218.JPG.7d0262562cf944db457fc42af7574a7e.JPG

Don

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

SylvanLakeWH

Ouch... :scared-eek:

And I wouldn't count on knocking @Pullstart off his Darwin pedestal just yet... you've got many body parts to go (literally) before you catch up to him...  :auto-ambulance:

• Haha 7

8ntruck

And this is why I didn't bother posting anything about blackening a fingernail with an 8 pound hammer a couple weeks back.  Kind of boring in comparison.

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

Back in 2012 and 2013 we had a Hard Hat that we passed around to whoever got hurt that year.  I am thinking that @AMC RULES may still have the hat.  @squonk @rmaynard

2012_06252013WHCC0061.JPG.d0652594057e25df7a1e79ad7a8401c6.JPG

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

2012_06252013WHCC0061.JPG.d0652594057e25df7a1e79ad7a8401c6.JPG

Shadrach, Meshach and Abendigo. :D

• Haha 6

squonk

Hodge 71 got the hat and clamped down on it and wouldn't give it back! 

I got that hat from work as the construction crew left it behind along with a bunch of worn out ladders covered in dry wall mud. :)

Wish I had it back, I'd give it to Waldo. @Pullstart would wear the paint right off the thing! :hilarious:

• Haha 5

squonk

The creation of the "Hard Hat Award" 2014

post-2380-0-51625700-1426282646.jpg

post-2380-0-60460500-1426282557.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2
  • Heart 4

squonk

2016 Hodge 71

DSC_0211.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, squonk said:

Hodge 71 got the hat

What was Craig’s story and Hodge’s?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

What was Craig’s story and Hodge’s?

I was about to ask the same thing... :teasing-poke:

Don

• Like 1

stevasaurus

We may need another Hard Hat !!   The bad thing is...these newer guys are dangerous.  How do you not know that your knife is not opened all the way??  Watching that video of Kevin pushing around that end loader??  Some of these guys climbing grassy, slippery hills with...   I just cringe watching some of this.  Sorry...I just hate to see someone get hurt.  :eusa-think:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

squonk

If I remember, Craig was a car accident and Bob flipping his Commando. Don't remember what happened to Hodge. Maybe losing the football pool! :)

Trying to find the pics of Bob receiving the hat from Craig. I don't know who took the pic! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

I think Bob Maynard got it for dumping a horse off of his ramps getting reading for the BS.  Not sure about Hodge or Craig, but it would be in the WHCC Show rhetoric threads.  

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You know...we are showing everyone that we have had "Pullstart Moments" before we had "Pullstart" !!  :confusion-confused:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

squonk

Maybe @rmaynard knows where the pic of him getting the hat is? 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
16 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

You know...we are showing everyone that we have had "Pullstart Moments" before we had "Pullstart" !!  :confusion-confused:

except for now, I heal faster :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3

stevasaurus

Kevin, those healing days get longer every day.  I would love to see you not get hurt ever again.  The same with everyone else that comes into this thread.  :notworthy:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Rob J.

Glad you hadn’t decided to take a leak with that dangerous weapon in your hand, could have been worse. Duck tape it and carry on, you’ll be fine. 😉

• Haha 5

The Freightliner Guy

My grandpa just says hold on let me get the super glue stings at first but works 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

pacer

I would come in the house tightly holding a shop rag wrapped around  ..... whatever with the other hand and she got to where she'd just say  --- "do I need to get a band aid or the car keys":angry-nono:

• Haha 7
  • Heart 2