Aeladon

1969 GT-14 1-7441 Electric Clutch Help Please

I actually work at a lawn and garden dealership. A friend of mine is trying to restore his GT-14 and he needs a clutch. Toro's IPL are incomplete but I managed to find the pdf for the parts list elsewhere. I came up with a number of 9656 for the electric clutch which subbed to a 101473; both of which are discontinued. So here is my question... Does someone out there have the manufacturers number for that clutch. I have access to about 30 different manufacturers so i could probably find a clutch that would work but most of them don't publish shaft sizes in an intelligible format. With the manufacturer's number I could probably easily substitute it.

Any help is greatly appreciated - this sight has helped me in the past, personally and professionally so I know if anybody can help it will be you guys. 

Thanks,

Ael

Doubt these will help but info just the same in case you have not seen them.

Garry

The units were from Werner electric but the pulley part was sort of unique to Wheel Horse.  What is wrong with his unit?  I would guess the coil part was more universal and the bearings are standard items.

:WRS:        Here is a thread with a lot of great information about these clutches and how to repair them.

So been doing some digging in my free-ish time.. clutch number, 9656, has a Werner part number (from Toro Tech) of i-5208-271-001. I spoke with a gentleman at Werner who said that that clutch has been discontinued for some time and that the pulley was special, as pfrederi said, specific to wheel horse. Last one they sold was over 5 years ago. I'm on hold as we speak with a distributor that, I'm hoping, will have one sitting on a self collecting dust.

Appreciate everybody's help. I will suggest rebuilding to him and I'm going to point him to this site.

And.....struck out with the distributor so no possible way to get a new clutch :-) worth a try.

22 minutes ago, Aeladon said:

I will suggest rebuilding

If the pulley was the only proprietary portion of the clutch and Werner can support you with other parts it should work out OK. Please share the information you gain with us so we can help others in the future.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

Might be a long shot but maybe give theses guys a call?

http://xtremeope.com/

BTW :WRS:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

Might be a long shot but maybe give theses guys a call?

http://xtremeope.com/

BTW :WRS:

I'll pass that along. And TY sirs. I just noticed that little gif on everyone's posts :-D

oh and I wanted to mention before i forgot that the information Werner had was very incomplete. They didn't have any dimensions, component part numbers or anything on their drawings. I can get that stuff usually but in this case since Wheel Horse was bought out I'm assuming that stuff was all kept in house and was proprietary. Being as it was, I'm sure its lost now. If i am able to i'll mic the shaft/clutch and see what I can do. 

Edited by Aeladon
  • Like 2

On July 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM, pfrederi said:

The units were from Werner electric but the pulley part was sort of unique to Wheel Horse.  What is wrong with his unit?  I would guess the coil part was more universal and the bearings are standard items.

Was cutting grass and the pto just stopped working power from the switch no power at the pto I'm the person that is looking for the help on the pto that the person that put this post on here for thanks for what ever help I can get

:WRS: Vlg

Did you happen to put an add in the wanted section? Might also want to check with A-Z tractors in the vendor section, he may have a good used one.