sjoemie himself

Murray to IH 1568

6wheeler
On 8/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, sjoemie himself said:

@6wheeler I put something together tonight.. ooof you have me doubting now :eusa-think:

20220829_202607.jpg.4577cc3004b8ad2766de67eb151d6c00.jpg

20220829_202619.jpg.8f28b3c012b4d058f09306e8eaf236fc.jpg

Now you got me thinking too. 4 ribs on the front of that with those rears.. Or? 7-12's on the rear and your fronts on a wide front. I have to make the axles for axle mount duals. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
On 8/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, sjoemie himself said:

@6wheeler

20220829_202607.jpg.4577cc3004b8ad2766de67eb151d6c00.jpg

Ooooooooooooooo.  

I like both narrow and wide.  

Looks beefier with the wide front.   

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

sjoemie himself
8 hours ago, 6wheeler said:

those rears

3-4-5 rib fronts all look good. Those would have been my choice too but I just can't find them somewhat affordable.

My rears are 26x12.00-12, i've read several times that 26's won't fit under a (standard) WH?

About the duals i'd say, go for it! And keep us posted :handgestures-thumbupright:

8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

beefier

Agreed! I like both too. Like I said I think i'm going to try the wider wheels on the narrow front first and go from there.

I mean it's not like I still have a ton of work to do before I can call this 'dun'.. :whistle:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

I can call this 'dun'.. :whistle:

Now there's a color pun many folks wouldn't catch.  

Well done on the dun.  

Screenshot_20220831-042504.png.13d2cd106f8fd9d683f90ddf56f2e631.png

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

@ebinmaine not to rain on your parade but eeehhh.. you just taught me something :laughing-rofl:

I wasn't aware of 'dun' being a color. Thought it was just a 'hacked' way of spelling done :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, sjoemie himself said:

@ebinmaine not to rain on your parade but eeehhh.. you just taught me something :laughing-rofl:

I wasn't aware of 'dun' being a color. Thought it was just a 'hacked' way of spelling done :confusion-scratchheadblue:

I say we make it both. 

🤪

• Excellent 2

bds1984
4 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Definitely not a hacked way of spelling "done" according to a few of my high school students over the years; it's a good thing I am not an English teacher.

I think dual rear tires would look cool but I would be a bit concerned if your transmission could handle that extra load.  

• Like 2

Pullstart

The wide front kind of take the IN YOUR FACE approach of those stacks and that massive hood, and turns it into IN YOUR EVERYTHING!  It’s your tractor, but I think I like the narrow front :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

Got to agree, the narrow front is much more appealing and interesting than the "everybody has one" wide front end.

102_2875.JPG.a28fc5c03e4a153241912a70db847106.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sjoemie himself

@953 nut thank you fellow 'narrow fronter'! :P

For now i'm going with the fronts as is, maybe adapt the wider wheels to the narrow front and see how that looks. 

In two weeks i'm going to another show just past the German border, curious to see how my neighbours to the east like it.

I think i've asked before but those seats.. where could I purchase something like it? Would you mind measuring how wide the seat is?

• Like 2

sjoemie himself

Apparantly my girlfriend not only took some video of me riding around at the show I visited last weekend but also took a little ride herself!

Think she'll need her own tractor in the future :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 5

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Think she'll need her own tractor in the future

This is GOOD for you my friend.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

Hi all! I could use some input.

How do the upper liftarms look to you? Me personally, I think they're a bit long?? Idk.. let me know what you think please.

Travel as it sits now is about 30cm or 12". Is that enough or should it be more?

@kpinnc could you take a look-see here aswell? :text-thankyouyellow:

20220905_173848.jpg.5f8e1c44ec11fb5415fd69f4639627a4.jpg

20220905_174124.jpg.2d0d387bc91f1ff0b73c71914ddb4c8f.jpg

20220905_174002.jpg.aeb0da9717018143fb37f70868a3b1c8.jpg

IMG-20220905-WA0006.jpeg.d347eaa46816a51d413a6c67460b7335.jpeg

Edited by sjoemie himself
Added info
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

I agree they look a bit long. Although 12in of lift it pretty good. I think thats what my Powerking has. Maybe if the pivot point of the upper arms was lower and the arms shorter your side links could be shorter. 

Just my observation. It all looks great though.

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@ sojoemie himself  , taking note of the condition of that   deck belt idler pulley set up , my suggestion would be to upgrade the  bearing lubrication  of every  bearing with wide rubber side shields , easy to pop off with small flat pocket screwdriver , wipe out , generic grease , carb cleaner clean , regrease with Lucas , x tra heavy duty , hi temp chassis grease , 560 deg rating , also detail the function pf that entire belt drive . it would be easy for that to go slow  and  plug up with grass . would go over every rotational  part of that , looks pretty scary , pete  

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@Snoopy11  yes that belt set up to  idler pulley / drive is scary in detail ! just about every pulley is a probable  failure point . also the belt fraying is telling you that there is little spring tension follow thru on that . would love to upgrade that !  on the other hand thou , he gets after stuff , have to give him , an ATTA BOY ,  that rear lift set up looks interesting / solid , almost as crazy as we are  !  pete

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
5 minutes ago, peter lena said:

almost as crazy as we are

That is a little scary in itself @peter lena :lol:

Don

• Like 1

sjoemie himself
On 9/4/2022 at 2:13 AM, ebinmaine said:

GOOD

Thanks Eric. I really enjoy seeing her ride my project despite she made fun of it at first :P

She's definately a keeper, always wants to drive everything that has wheels, and even some with legs (crazy I tell ya'). Cars, tractors, quads doesn't matter.

@Oldskool thanks for your input. The more I look at it the more I want to shorten it. Probably going to shorten the lower lift arms also.

1 hour ago, peter lena said:

looks pretty scary

Thanks mr greasy! Having tackled everything else on this project so far i'm not too upset about the drive system yet.. gearbox works fine and the rest is 'just' two drive pulleys, two idlers and one belt. When I go over the drive system I'll probably replace everything.

1 hour ago, peter lena said:

crazy

Am definately that :whistle:

• Like 2

peter lena

@sjoemie himself https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=EFaYFLK%2f&id=87D1F894818BA677DFDDD331B7A38A459C0D2371&thid=OIP.EFaYFLK_lvVJUraL2iX7VQ refering to  "  dun  " as a color , been  fly tying over 40 years , used dun colors in many natural states , of shade , just a tiny example of that  phrase , color/ type  , hook in mouth , pete

• Excellent 1

kpinnc
8 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

@kpinnc could you take a look-see here aswell?

They are longer than the ones on the Bronco, but if you shorten them you will loose lift height overall. 

That's a very interesting build. I would suggest using chains or other flexible lift linkages. Downforce on a garden tractor can be overrated. It's occasionally useful, but often directly leads to rear wheel spin. If you have flexible lift linkages, you can quickly swap them if down force is needed. 

I look forward to seeing the finished project! Looks very well done! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

Thank you for your input @kpinnc. I'll be shortening both upper and lower liftarms.

In hindsight I probably should have tucked in the mounting for the lower liftarms a bit further into the frame so that the entire 3-point would'nt stick out as much. Not impossible to do now but a lot more work than just shortening the arms.

About the lift height. I expect that to not be an issue since I have'nt mounted the lift cylinder yet. So there's still some room to tweak the position of that to balance lifting strength and height.

I like your idea of using chains for lift linkage. Been thinking about making somekind of setup to achieve 'floating' of the 3-point. Chains certainly are the easiest route. 

Two other options i'm considering are an oval hole to where the top of the lift cylinder mounts or use a hydraulic valve which has a 'float' setting. :eusa-think: Thoughts on that?

sjoemie himself

Cut lower arms 70mm or 2.75" shorter. Welding them later this afternoon. Gotta go talk to a potentially new employer first.

20220906_123350.jpg.5f87e0b7b020d3eb0e73c6ba80087419.jpg

• Excellent 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Thoughts on that?

I think any amount of float will be a good thing. Many Cat 0 three points used slots in the lift links for the same reason. Like I said before, you can make rigid linkages for use when down force is needed. 

• Thanks 1

Achto

I like the idea of using a valve that has a float setting. This would put the float or down pressure option at your finger tips, instead of having to change your set up. Most 3 points on early farm tractors do not have down pressure. But it would be useful at times.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

Some cutting, grinding and welding later..

Took out 70mm/2.75" out of the lower arms and 95mm/3.75" out of the upper arms.

I like this look much better and also feel it helps with overall lifting capacity since there's less of a lever the cylinder has to work against.

Travel is the same as before 12 to 14".

20220906_201944.jpg.d65be64c4fef6395c29d73c595ff8ad9.jpg

20220906_202001.jpg.1dfa7fb073cae2f8bff4f67a8c3f639b.jpg

20220906_202047.jpg.24d4049af0b273f3cf57acab56d25deb.jpg

20220906_202848.jpg.df39f205a522615d4924dad4899194ad.jpg

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 2