Southern_Secret

7 years & I finally got one!!

Southern_Secret

Now that I've got my foot in the door with all you :wh: heads, I've look high and low an I can't seem to be able to fine an oil switch, so if anyone can help me I'll dance at your next wedding! 

• Haha 1

Southern_Secret

O, a side note I forgot to put in my story, the 314-H has only got 368hr on it!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

O, a side note I forgot to put in my story, the 314-H has only got 368hr on it!!

That. Is. Excellent.  

• Excellent 2

Southern_Secret

@ebinmaine you might be, or if your not i know you can point me in the in the right direction to find and oil switch for my tractor. Some dummy yanked the wires out of it when they was cleaning it up, when i find that dummy ima whip um! :scared-shocked:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Retired Wrencher

S/Secret.  :WRS:   Nice job on the clean up. How long did it take you? looks ready for work.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

@ebinmaine you might be, or if your not i know you can point me in the in the right direction to find and oil switch...

Some dummy yanked the wires out of it when they was cleaning it up, when i find that dummy ima whip um! :scared-shocked:

Really. Really?

That wouldn't by chance have been you though right??

Cuz you'd never rip your own wires out. 

That would be just silly. 

I mean who'd do that....

I wouldn't. 

I've NEVER done anything like that. 

:ROTF:

Well as for a source of parts for the newer machines. (My "new" one is a '75)... 

Maybe @JCM or @953 nut could recommend a solid place...

• Thanks 1

JCM

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Part # KH10138 float switch is NLA through Toro.

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

@ebinmaine you might be, or if your not i know you can point me in the in the right direction to find and oil switch for my tractor. Some dummy yanked the wires out of it when they was cleaning it up, when i find that dummy ima whip um! :scared-shocked:

36 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe @JCM or @953 nut could recommend a solid place..

:WRS:

You have made a neglected old nag into a prize thoroughbred!         :text-coolphotos:       I doubt that you are likely to neglect your oil level so wouldn't loose any sleep over the oil sentry switch.   I had a couple of them for sale a few years back but they sold out. You could probably find a NOS switch on :techie-ebay: for $ 50.00 or more, that is what I was selling them for. 

• Excellent 1

Southern_Secret
16 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

How long did it take you? looks ready for work

@Retierd Wrencher I got it at the first of September and got it finish up and brought home the week before Thanksgiving.

Edited by Southern_Secret

Southern_Secret
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That wouldn't by chance have been you though right??

Cuz you'd never rip your own wires out. 

That would be just silly. 

I mean who'd do that....

@ebinmaine Noooo way, absolutely not, not me but maybe my reckless twin :angry-banghead::laughing-rofl:

• Haha 1

Southern_Secret
16 hours ago, JCM said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Part # KH10138 float switch is NLA through Toro.

@JCM From what i can tell threw my digging :ranting:

• Sad 1

Southern_Secret
15 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I doubt that you are likely to neglect your oil level so wouldn't loose any sleep over the oil sentry switch. 

@953 nut No i will not be neglecting the oil, but i may be wrong here but doesn't the oil switch run the the hour meter?

ebinmaine
54 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

doesn't the oil switch run the the hour meter

Í don't know but that can be modified easy enough. 

• Like 1

Southern_Secret
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Í don't know but that can be modified easy enough. 

@ebinmaine how di i modify it?

Gregor
On 11/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, Southern_Secret said:

Now that I've got my foot in the door with all you :wh: heads, I've look high and low an I can't seem to be able to fine an oil switch, so if anyone can help me I'll dance at your next wedding! 

I'm confused, and a little ignorant on the subject of oil switches. Does this K321 have an oil switch?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

@ebinmaine how di i modify it?

@953 nut might be the better one to answer that. I'm thinking just run the wire to a place that has power "key on". 

• Like 1

Gregor
5 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

@JCM From what i can tell threw my digging :ranting:

Put "Kohler oil switch" into ebay search box, a lot of switches come up. I :confusion-shrug:  if any of them will do you any good.

• Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher
7 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

@Retierd Wrencher I got it at the first of September and got it finish up and brought home the week before Thanksgiving.

Good job in a short time.

• Thanks 1

biged77

Welcome to the world of Wheel Horse.   This is a great site which you have already found out.  WH tractors are scarce here in Tennessee also but like you over the years I have been able to find what I want.

I just rebuilt an M10 off a 312-8 and decided to not reinstall the oil switch.  Reasoning - it is not needed if you religiously check the oil before each start which I do.  Installation is tricky and if done wrong can cause interferrence and engine damage.  There is no connection between the oil switch and the hour meter.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret
7 hours ago, Gregor said:

Does this K321 have an oil switch?

@Gregor i know mine does, at the back side down at the bottom

Southern_Secret
1 hour ago, biged77 said:

There is no connection between the oil switch and the hour meter.

@biged77 By no means am I saying you are wrong, but my meter was working until i messed the wires to the oil switch up. Maybe it is a complete coincides that much i really dont know, i just got to get it back working and im down for any advice or help. Thank you @biged77 i love this place, i fill like i knew everyone before i ever talked to any of you!

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Gregor
10 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

@Gregor i know mine does, at the back side down at the bottom

I have (1) K341, (3) K321, (1) K301, (2) K181, (1) K161, (1) MV16, and have never seen an oil cut out switch. Whooda thunk?

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

@Gregor im pretty sure that is a oil switch, blue with 2 white wires coming out of it? Screwed in the the bottom side facing the steering wheel.

• Like 1

Gregor

861992792_Screenshot2021-11-29at11-55-47GENUINEKOHLEROILSENTRYFLOATSWITCH25-704-0103FITSM8-M16MOTORSNEW-B62eBay.png.91539d535dcc5e15790960a9f675424d.png

8 minutes ago, Southern_Secret said:

@Gregor im pretty sure that is a oil switch, blue with 2 white wires coming out of it? Screwed in the the bottom side facing the steering wheel.

I am sure it is. I will run across one some day.

Edited by Gregor

Southern_Secret

@Gregor so why do you think my meter stoped working, i thought it was because of the oil switch because i saw a right up about a guy having the same situation and he was told it was because his oil switch was bad?