RJ Hamner

Will the plow I am using on my C121 and C160 work on a 876?  
or is the plow frame different?

Thanks

Bob

kpinnc

876 being a short frame, it isn't the "correct" plow frame if it fits a C.

But- it might still work. May just stick out farther in the front?

Ed Kennell

My 855 has a long frame plow and it fits OK. The blade angle lever clears the right stirrup and the lift aligns OK. Like @kpinnc says' , it just sticks out further in the front.

My plow frame actually has the dual holes for use on short or long frame tractors, but it is installed in the rear set of holes designed for a LF  tractor and it works OK on the SF 855.

kpinnc

Good point Ed! I completely forgot the 2nd mounting hole on the newer plow frames. 

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

My 855 has a long frame plow and it fits OK. The blade angle lever clears the right stirrup and the lift aligns OK. Like @kpinnc says' , it just sticks out further in the front.

My plow frame actually has the dual holes for use on short or long frame tractors, but it is installed in the rear set of holes designed for a LF  tractor and it works OK on the SF 855.

I concur. 

Trina's Pigpen 867 has a plow from a '74 C160. 

Works great. 

We also keep it mounted in the rearward set of holes.  

cschannuth

The others have already covered it above but I have used  the same snow blade on a 606, a charger 12, and a C-161. I did move the rear crossbar to the front set of holes for the 606.

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

I did move the rear crossbar to the front set of holes for the 606

Where did that end up placing the Angle lever for you in relation to the right foot stirrup?

Ed Kennell

Here's the LF plow on the SF 855.   The pin is in the rear holes and you can see the angle lever is in front of the stirrup.

If the pin were used in the front holes, the plow would move back where the angle lever would fall behind the stirrup and may be easier to reach.102_2984.JPG.4e3096b3a3c601e1665ed1b665a13c12.JPG

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

If the pin were used in the front holes, the plow would move back where the angle lever would fall behind the stirrup

Doesn't get in the way of one's foot???

I ask for Trina. She does quite well enough the way it is but if it could be made a little easier to reach, why not?  

Edited by ebinmaine

cschannuth
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Where did that end up placing the Angle lever for you in relation to the right foot stirrup?

Here’s a pic. I use this plow on the charger 12 currently so I can’t remember exactly how much clearance I had but it didn’t hit anything.  I have a 54 inch l now use on the 161 and it takes a different direction handle that I had to take off this plow and install on it so that it would clear everything. The handle that you see on the 606 works with it and the charger 12.  I use the rear holes on the charger and the lever is positioned in front of the floorboard.  Let me know if you need me to try to grab some pictures of it.C1831886-9840-4BA4-AB84-90202F6CEF07.jpeg.1933e832af9da34231f5a887f2e2a1a0.jpeg7F8A1F30-0B3E-4605-A62B-14F6FCF5E9E5.jpeg.e3d9e2c01ba70af45845793bcebb6cbe.jpeg

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

Here’s a pic

10 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Here's the LF plow on the SF 855

Perfect illustration. 

Thanks guys.  

Perhaps we'll try that connection next time she moves dirt. 

cschannuth
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Doesn't get in the way of one's foot???

I ask for Trina. She does quite well enough the way it is but if it could be made a little easier to reach, why not?  

@ebinmaine my son is 6’5” and weighs about 250 pounds and even with heavy clothes the lever did not get in his way. On ours it sits very close to the Tractor. It’s actually very comfortable because of the short reach required to move it right or left. I think Trina would love it.

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

I never plowed with this 855, but I do believe there would be several advantages to mounting it in the forward holes.

1. the total rig would be a foot shorter taking up less storage.

2. the angle lever is easier to reach

3. there would be less side push on the tractor if the blade were not extended so far in front of the front wheels

• Thanks 1