The Tuul Crib

Lets hear about your experiences with US PS delivery!

formariz
On 5/23/2021 at 10:13 AM, formariz said:

I usually don’t have a problem with their delivery, however this time it’s actually hilarious. Bought a used book on eBay. Media delivery I am guessing. Supposed to arrive last Monday the 17th. I get notifications via email of all mail and packages( actual physical photos) tracking number of package is on email but no photo. No delivery . I check tracking details two or three days later. Package origin was Georgia. Next it’s in NJ distribution center in Kearny. (Correct one for my area). Then it’s back in Georgia. Next it’s in Tennessee. One day ago it was in Arizona. This morning it’s back in NJ Jersey city distribution center( incorrect one for my area). I am getting dizzy now. I no longer know when or what the heck I am getting if anything at all.

So now according to tracking it is still at the wrong distribution center in Jersey City for the last 3days.. Perhaps getting ready to go back down south to Georgia? it is now a full 7 days late.

Edited by formariz
  • Sad 2

formariz

@Ed Kennell  How true it is. Every two weeks is the paper pick up here for recycling. I always put a 35 gallon of it out there and it is ALL junk mailings. When considering that what every junk mail I get is shredded to do away with our name and address, therefor fitting lots more paper in that container, and the fact that a lot of it the form of "newspaper" such as supermarket advertisements is actually burned starting the stove in winter or the outside chimenea in the summer, one realizes that the amount of junk mail is actually astronomical. Waste Waste waste. Of money , time and resources. Unfortunately like many other things in this country, we have all been bamboozled and are being taken for a ride.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor
Ways to Cut Down on Junk Mail
  • Sign Up with DMAchoice. One of the biggest categories of junk mail is direct mail, or advertising that shows up in your mailbox. ...
  • Block Other Sources of Direct Mail. ...
  • Stop Credit Offers. ...
  • Cut Down on Catalogs. ...
  • Cancel Phone Books. ...
  • Reduce Mail from Charities. ...
  • Stay Off Mailing Lists.
Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

shallowwatersailor

The President's salary is $400,000 per year and the Vice-President salary $235,100 per year. But Postmaster General DeJoy's salary per year has a base of $303,460 making him the second-highest paid employee of the United States.  In fact nine additional employees of the USPS make more money than the Vice-President!

The annual salary for a USPS Mail Carrier here in Virginia is $29,718 which is $14.29 per hour.

Ed Kennell

I would add one to your list John

charge the first class rate for all mail...  pretty sure the junk mail would be reduced and the USPS may no longer need to be subsidized by taxpayers.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

I would add one to your list John

charge the first class rate for all mail...  pretty sure the junk mail would be reduced and the USPS may no longer need to be subsidized by taxpayers.

I take my junk mail and write "Return to Sender" on it. That way the organization/company pays twice. They must be removing me from their mailing list as I hardly receive any junk mail now. With the mailings that have the postage free envelope, I take that and mail the envelope inserts back to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

If you get credit card applications, Take everything out with your name on it and shred them. Everything else take the Capital One info and send it back to American Express in their postage paid envelope and visa-versa! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

formariz
On 5/25/2021 at 2:10 AM, formariz said:

So now according to tracking it is still at the wrong distribution center in Jersey City for the last 3days.. Perhaps getting ready to go back down south to Georgia? it is now a full 7 days late.

So today still stuck at same facility with no movement. A full 10 days late. Its about a 20 minute drive to there. Perhaps I should go rescue it. I feel bad for the vendor but I am now going to have to file a  complaint about it. package was shipped 16 days ago from Georgia.

Edited by formariz
  • Sad 2

rmaynard
17 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I take my junk mail and write "Return to Sender" on it. That way the organization/company pays twice. They must be removing me from their mailing list as I hardly receive any junk mail now. With the mailings that have the postage free envelope, I take that and mail the envelope inserts back to them. 

My mail delivery person says that any 3rd class mail that has "return to sender" written on it, goes into the trash. Also, we locked our credit report. Since then, no more credit card ads.

But my gripe is not what I get, but what I don't get. Why can I get mail from California faster than getting it from across town? And for God sake, look at the whole address when sorting. My address is 924 Chapel. I get mail for 924 Clausner and he gets mine. I can see that happening once or twice, but not several times a month. Talking to the postmaster is like talking to a two year old. She's told me she is only there for the benefits and that upper management is worthless.

• Sad 2

Jeff-C175
33 minutes ago, formariz said:

I feel bad for the vendor but I am now going to have to file a  complaint about it

To me, that doesn't seem right.  It's clearly not the vendor's fault !  Once he ships it's out of his control and he is at the mercy of the carrier, as are you.

shallowwatersailor
4 hours ago, formariz said:

So today still stuck at same facility with no movement. A full 10 days late. Its about a 20 minute drive to there. Perhaps I should go rescue it. I feel bad for the vendor but I am now going to have to file a  complaint about it. package was shipped 16 days ago from Georgia.

I had to go back to page two to see what your package was as I assumed that it was a Priority Mail package. Media Mail is the slowest mail to move through the system. NEVER use Media Mail!

shallowwatersailor
4 hours ago, rmaynard said:

My mail delivery person says that any 3rd class mail that has "return to sender" written on it, goes into the trash. Also, we locked our credit report. Since then, no more credit card ads.

But my gripe is not what I get, but what I don't get. Why can I get mail from California faster than getting it from across town? And for God sake, look at the whole address when sorting. My address is 924 Chapel. I get mail for 924 Clausner and he gets mine. I can see that happening once or twice, but not several times a month. Talking to the postmaster is like talking to a two year old. She's told me she is only there for the benefits and that upper management is worthless.

The cost of mail, other than one ounce First-Class, was actually raised January 24, 2021. I wasn't referring to the Flats that come in the mail. Those I just tear and put in the trash myself. Yes, freezing the credit report limits the contact to just banks that you have an existing account to receive offers by mail.

It is a shame that the time-honored tradition of the postal service has been so degraded in recent years. My poor carrier works six days a week on a route with close to seven hundred stops! All that plus the deals that USPS upper management worked to be the final contact for Amazon, and sometimes UPS, and FedEx. Thanks to Amazon we have a mail truck in the neighborhood for mounted delivery seven days a week!  All for less than $14.29 an hour that the carrier is paid.

Wheel Horse 3D

Had a package off to @ebinmaine and it musta checked in and out somewhere near DC for a week before finally gettin unstuck and enroute.

Had another package, just sittin in the bin at the local PO for a few days, (only time i used that PO, I now use one closer to my work, smaller town, no issues)

• Like 1

formariz

WOW. Got here today. May 11 through May 28. Traveled across country a couple of times too.. Poor book was exhausted when i picked it up from mail box. I wish it could tell me the adventures it went through.

• Haha 3

tom2p
On 5/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, shallowwatersailor said:

The President's salary is $400,000 per year and the Vice-President salary $235,100 per year. But Postmaster General DeJoy's salary per year has a base of $303,460 making him the second-highest paid employee of the United States.  In fact nine additional employees of the USPS make more money than the Vice-President!

The annual salary for a USPS Mail Carrier here in Virginia is $29,718 which is $14.29 per hour.

according to multiple sources - the top paid federal employees work in the Department of Health and Human Services - led by Anthony Fauci whose salary was $417K in 2019

the next nine highest paid federal employees in the top ten earned from approx $406K - $370K 

Postmaster General Megan Brennan - who preceded Louis DeJoy - earned $286K in 2016

Edited by tom2p

shallowwatersailor
15 hours ago, tom2p said:

according to multiple sources - the top paid federal employees work in the Department of Health and Human Services - led by Anthony Fauci 

Because the subject has been the United States Postal Service (USPS), I only used the management of the USPS as examples. I guess I am wrong that the mailman is the second highest paid employee behind the President.

Some of your information is wrong though. Dr. Anthony Fauci actually works for National Institutes for Health (NIH), and is the director of the U. S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and chief medical advisor to the president. NIH is an agency of The Department of Health and Human Services led by the Honorable Xavier Becerra.

I haven't found 2019 or 2020 information but in 2018 the highest paid employee of the US Government was actually Francis M. Tandarich, Human Resources Manager in Veterans Benefits Administration  who was given an almost $600,000 bonus by the former president in 2018: $120,102 Base Salary + $592,103 Bonus = $712,205. No information seems to be found why this GS-13 employee received this bonus - and why it was so large?

tom2p
4 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Some of your information is wrong though. Dr. Anthony Fauci actually works for National Institutes for Health (NIH), and is the director of the U. S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and chief medical advisor to the president.

NIH is an agency of The Department of Health and Human Services led by the Honorable Xavier Becerra.

I

Apologize if my statement mislead - please read again

I stated 'top paid federal employees' and 'led by Anthony Fauci' to indicates his salary was the top salary

He was the highest paid federal employee 

shallowwatersailor
16 hours ago, tom2p said:

Apologize if my statement mislead - please read again

I stated 'top paid federal employees' and 'led by Anthony Fauci' to indicates his salary was the top salary

He was the highest paid federal employee 

Actually delving into this even deeper, I have found that the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), a public utility which is owned by the US Federal Government, compensated their President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Lyash $8.1 Million for just the first half of 2020. In 2019 his predecessor and him split $15 Million in compensation, He beats Dr. Fauci by quite a bit as that makes him the highest paid Federal Employee although he is not compensated with taxpayer dollars but through electric utility fees and taxes. But still a Federal employee! The various TVA vice-presidents are all compensated over a million dollars each as well! Pretty pale to Fauci's Year 2020 $434,000.

There was hope when the former president announced in April 2020 that he was going to do something about the salary paid out in the TVA, but he never did. The former president was going to tie it to his never-fulfilled nor even introduced infrastructure plan. 

seuadr
On 5/30/2021 at 4:56 PM, shallowwatersailor said:

No information seems to be found why this GS-13 employee received this bonus - and why it was so large?

especially given the rampant problems in the VA that have been reported for oh, i dunno, the last 20 years or so?!

Tractorhead

Several of phonecall‘s later i got today the info i must call DHL to find my goods,

Ok, done as sayed i call the DHL office, they told me they just have a Tracking number not more.

I told them i was informed, the item wasn‘t handed over to the Customs ( to them on 24.04.2021 at 20:21)

@pullstart would you be please so kind to check that with USPS what is the Status?

DHL told me the Sender must ask that via USPS.

omg.. they told me the privacy rules will be the reason for that Way.

😎

The Tuul Crib
On 5/31/2021 at 1:55 PM, shallowwatersailor said:

Actually delving into this even deeper, I have found that the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), a public utility which is owned by the US Federal Government, compensated their President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Lyash $8.1 Million for just the first half of 2020. In 2019 his predecessor and him split $15 Million in compensation, He beats Dr. Fauci by quite a bit as that makes him the highest paid Federal Employee although he is not compensated with taxpayer dollars but through electric utility fees and taxes. But still a Federal employee! The various TVA vice-presidents are all compensated over a million dollars each as well! Pretty pale to Fauci's Year 2020 $434,000.

There was hope when the former president announced in April 2020 that he was going to do something about the salary paid out in the TVA, but he never did. The former president was going to tie it to his never-fulfilled nor even introduced infrastructure plan. 

Yep!! That's where my money goes when I pay my bill every month here in Tennessee!! 

The Tuul Crib
On 5/25/2021 at 11:34 AM, shallowwatersailor said:

Cancel Phone Books.

I haven't seen the phonebook in years unless they were out there they got so small I can't find them!!:ROTF:

haydendavid380
17 hours ago, The Tuul Crib said:

I haven't seen the phonebook in years unless they were out there they got so small I can't find them!!:ROTF:

They actually have. I can remember when each town/village in our county had their own book, the smallest was about an inch thick. 

I received a phone book about a month ago for the entire county that was maybe 15 pages thick, and 2/3 of it was ads.

• Sad 1

Ed Kennell

When I was still receiving phone books, several years back, they were not delivered by the USPS.   They were in plastic bags and thrown from a vehicle I assume hired by the phone company.