Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

K new plan....The new and improved SWAP-A-THEME hood ornament!

As detail keeps getting lost when printing the head,(note the nose and parts of the mane no matter the supports i put inplace, im gonna have to print that horizontally in 2 halves.

However printing the base in two halves brings problems with the screw pockets as that would put them on seam, so the base will be printed just like the original style, i like how the original feels, looks, so it has to stay vertical.

So well have a standard keyway that you can either insert a cover that hides the keyway, or swap in whatever topper you need for the occasion.(4th of july, a one finger message, 2nd amendment, military insignia, etc. Etc.

Secured by a simple screw through the base.

So ill be running the headlight frame print while i go back to the drawing board.

sketch-1612708272520.jpg

20210206_201353.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

20210206_180309.jpg

20210206_181003.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Example of better horizontal detail

16127114166666072582820892979728.jpg

• Like 4

Handy Don
21 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

curve of the interface then exceeds the refraction angle.

Yes! 

I was one of the folks who was excited when IBM figured out that electrons were flying off at tight turns in certain very, very, small scale semiconductor circuits and landing in adjacent pathways disrupting the logic! Newton's law!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Confused 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Lol..i havent run into so many geeks in one spot for quite some time!..its refreshing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Lol..i havent run into so many geeks in one spot for quite some time!..its refreshing!

Red tractors is what got us all here in the first place. 

Many people with many different interests. 

Really is a great bunch of folks. 

Intelligent. Kind.  Generous. Very helpful. 

Gotta be careful. 

Buy one Wheelhorse and you might as well get more storage space immediately. 

A hair covered horse is a herd animal. For some reason these paint covered horses seem to be the same. 

Also, get to a gathering or two... You may even make friends..

:happy-partydance:

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D
On 2/7/2021 at 9:49 AM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

20210206_180309.jpg

20210206_181003.jpg

I'm pretty pleased how these came out, but you can definitely see the need for a little spray filling primer to completely remove the layer lines. Used duplicolor color match chrome.

• Like 1

R Scheer

Keep coming up with these cool items, you'll definitely be making friends.  Very nice!

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Almost there! Still a little tweaking on the outer frame, then to work on the lenses once i get some clear filament.

20210208_181626.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
18 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

you can definitely see the need for a little spray filling primer to completely remove the layer lines.

Could those lines be sanded and polished out?

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Could those lines be sanded and polished out?

I did a quick hand sand on that with 150 then 300 and the final finish is very smooth to the touch, but just a couple light coats of filling primer should really be easier, and I should do primer anyway for the absolute best finish then go on to 600 grit. Those layers are about .005 inch or 0.15mm(about the thickness of a piece of paper) they then get acetone smoothed and then sanded, so what you see there is even less than that,

Its really amazing how small of a detail you can feel, then how much smaller of a detail you can see.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

@roadapples heres your chrome horse with hubcap!

20210209_121811.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

roadapples

Headlight  lenses had a chrome horse head for a few years. Nice ones are getting  rare 

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
25 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Headlight  lenses had a chrome horse head for a few years. Nice ones are getting  rare 

Im figuring thats how all good parts are gonna get, its hard to save the horses if youre always parting them out! So maybe we can create some herd friendly options!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Managed to make the front mount screw capture the two halves of the head, expanding them apart and thus locking them into the slot in the base

1612910615432716652370683097814.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Have a local order for 2 standard hood ornaments, 2 standard headlight covers

And a matching set with the "fancy" horse.

Now I have a guinea pig, and some horses to model for me!

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Need to go visit the truck stop to find old inner tubes for rubber seals.

wallfish
9 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Need to go visit the truck stop to find old inner tubes for rubber seals.

Will EDPM rubber roofing material work? Clean and flat. I have some extra pieces around I can send you.

Are you thinking for under the hood ornament between it and the hood? I didn't read through the entire thread so may have missed something

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

Will EDPM rubber roofing material work? Clean and flat. I have some extra pieces around I can send you.

Are you thinking for under the hood ornament between it and the hood? I didn't read through the entire thread so may have missed something

That's exactly what I'm thinking.I'm sure I can find something here locally, I'm actually pretty sure I have some around here somewhere, just gotta find it lol.

wallfish
9 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking.I'm sure I can find something here locally, I'm actually pretty sure I have some around here somewhere, just gotta find it lol.

Let me know. Just PM me your address and I'll send some if you need it. No charge

I have a gasket guy that laser cuts some thinner material stuff for carb diaphragms. It's fairly inexpensive for such a precise cut but something to consider if you don't have the means. Basically send him the material and dimensions then receive the pieces  :twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

@wallfish thank you!

Wheel Horse 3D

Due to Mrs induced social activities, i havent been in the lab tonight.(UGGHHH!)

However once we get home and settled we intend to open our online storefront featuring the original style hood ornament just to start and adding a couple different styles of hood ornament over the next week or so and then the headlight covers once i get the clear portions lined out. Feel free to PM me for details. I would really like y'alls input on pricing, descriptions etc. Thank you all for your input and encouragement thus far!

• Excellent 3

wallfish
20 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

i havent been in the lab tonight.

Yeah, me either!

Really need to get in there and mix up some strong cocktails for the anxiety of dealing with some customers.

You'll need one too once that store opens! :ychain:LoL

• Haha 5

Wheel Horse 3D

Lol i knew i got that still for a reason!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Wheel Horse 3D

2nd primer coat drying.

Nothin quite like watchin paint dry!

16130965026217717536733736385605.jpg

• Like 3