Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

While this isn't a wheel horse item , I have always found the input from this forum priceless. So, as the M2 Browning gets a lot of attention online but few sales, I thought maybe some less expensive Ww2 military replicas may be in order. First period correctly detailed prototype of the classic M2 "pineapple" fragmentation grenade is complete. While tinkering around I realized that the hollow interior designed so weight could be added for heft, could also double as a great way to store about 4oz of my favorite adult beverage!

And so the WW2 M2 Fragmentation detailed replica/ alcohol flask was born! Made of food safe PLA(handwash please!) And features a spring loaded fly away spoon, and o ring gasket.

A bandolier of these and you're ready to party, enjoy a weekend reenactment, or BOTH!  Final versions will include silver gray fuse head and spoon, and hand painted versions will have period correct OD paint colored body and yellow HE stripe around the top.

1678460296863787999343593067821.jpg

1678460346338305476124368952245.jpg

1678460387329383671065388228716.jpg

16784604180474931676966550067817.jpg

16784607031526710913808166666561.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

First period correctly detailed prototype of the classic M2 "pineapple" fragmentation grenade is complete

Send us one. We have a good friend who's whole existence is based around WWII.   

• Like 1

WHX??

You should have a few adorning your olive drab horse EB. 

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

You should have a few adorning TRINA'S   olive drab horse EB. 

I fixed that for you before she read it. I wouldn't want her to hurt ya...

:laughing-rolling:

And you're right. I agree with that. Smaller versions that would only be empty shells though.

• Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D
25 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Send us one.

I'll likely have em up in the store...um let's see ....week after next? Gotta be in ND next week.

Might be able to get on there before, but couldn't get the printing done till then.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I'll likely have em up in the store...um let's see ....week after next? Gotta be in ND next week.

Might be able to get on there before, but couldn't get the printing done till then.

No particular time frame Grey. Just keep me posted.... 

Wheel Horse 3D
14 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

You should have a few

Order all ya like! We'll print more!

Oh and did I mention, we do customize. Lol

:hide:

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Oh and did I mention, we do customize. Lol

:hide:

Customize? Do you really? I had no idea.

:ROTF:

ebinmaine

Interesting this would come up for conversation as I was thinking earlier this morning I'd like to shoot the breeze with you about a hood ornament for my Ford truck.  

Wheel Horse 3D
31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Send us one. We have a

32 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We have a good friend who's whole existence is based around WW2

Dunno if I ever showed ya my collection!

Here's a couple items from my office

16784684328783247698112945167607.jpg

167846844998062453472890191463.jpg

• Heart 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

167846844998062453472890191463.jpg

As a kid, I was fascinated by these walkie-talkies and wanted a set so bad...never got any.

Was crushed to find out later that their range was only about a mile under good conditions and only a couple of hundred yards under poor conditions. Still, better than runners or carrier pidgeons.

I now have a set of Motorola handy-talkies that will do up to 5 miles in good conditions that my grandchildren get to play with!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

If the internals go bad, I wire in something more modern. Already did this with a field telephone.

Wheel Horse 3D

Final grenade colors(before hand painted option)

20230311_181601.jpg

20230311_181726.jpg

20230311_181641.jpg

20230311_194901.jpg

• Like 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Next WW2 item in the design process: Thompson sub machine gun..perfect for your ww2 or gangster/ speakeasy themed display

SmartSelect_20230312-104455_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
14 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Final grenade colors(before hand painted option)

20230311_181641.jpg

Had one of those at work with sign that said:

"Complaint Department: Pull Pin to File Complaint"

Subtle, but effective...

:D

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Please take a number!

buckrancher

did you ever get a gt14 dash and shift plate made?

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

@buckrancherI think I've finally got the right settings! This one came off the printer just last night! It's been a bear getting just the right settings for a smooth finish AND getting the text to look good and adhere properly. This one I bumped the bed so the white is slightly misaligned, but another should be done when I get home. Then on to the console, the smaller text may be the challenge there.

SmartSelect_20230322-110153_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Etsy killed the grenade flask listing, so I'm gonna have to relist that with some orange safety features. Should have new pics Monday or so.

Wheel Horse 3D

Next dash after the gt14....d series

SmartSelect_20230322-111154_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

cafoose

Got a price on the GT14 dash? I've got several of those tractors I'm working on. No immediate need. I still have a lot of other projects ahead of it.

Wheel Horse 3D

Figuring 50 for the dash and  30 for the console plate

Once all lined out, can do custom color combinations too. Red on a nickel silver is one I like, but could do black on white or ivory, or red on black white or ivory.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Still a little adjustment needed for finish

16795261465738100535679883270391.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
On 3/11/2023 at 7:54 PM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

grenade

:auto-layrubber:                 If it were a bit smaller that would make a great shift knob.

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:auto-layrubber:                 If it were a bit smaller that would make a great shift knob.

Very interesting you'd say that Richard...

What tractor is Trina restoring right now?

It's possible I may have a couple of extra reinforced, small scale, grenades at the house...