OldWorkHorse
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

I've got extra rims I'd give ya. Just come get 'em. 

Tires are online all over the place. 

I may even have chains but I'd have to look. 

Wow that be great. I'm not sure how to fully use this website atm so idk how to PM but I'm in Lewiston Auburn area not sure how much of a haul you are from there

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
4 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Nice light bar!  Having forward and rear mounted lights will surely help you, just make sure they are pointed as so to not get in the back of the snow shot... the reflection off the snow might hinder your actual sight.

Yeah the ones going on this bar are amber and couple small reverse LEDs

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Wow that be great. I'm not sure how to fully use this website atm so idk how to PM but I'm in Lewiston Auburn area not sure how much of a haul you are from there

PM sent as example. 

Distance maybe 75 to 90 minutes. ??

I'm down by Cornish. 

45 minutes or so from exit 63 in Gray. 

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

PM sent as example. 

Distance maybe 75 to 90 minutes. ??

I'm down by Cornish. 

45 minutes or so from exit 63 in Gray. 

I work in the bridgton area so I'm all over the lower half. 

• Like 1

peter lena

OLDWORKHORSE, like your headlight set up, can you give us some detail info on them?  brand, price, where you got them ?  thanks , pete 

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
13 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I've never been much of a cab guy myself but I'm also not much for a frozen beard. So it's a love hate relationship. The helmet is a good idea alot easier to put away at the end of the year too

I thought the same thing but it makes a world of difference.

• Excellent 3

OldWorkHorse
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

OLDWORKHORSE, like your headlight set up, can you give us some detail info on them?  brand, price, where you got them ?  thanks , pete 

I'm cheap when it comes to headlights. I just went on ama-zon pick up a decent set of 4 inch round leds with a switch and relay with a fuse set up and wired them straight to the battery. Brite as all be and fit perfect. I got sum threaded rod with a nut to put back in old bolt holes and then got a piece of bar steel and cut to length used sum washers and wing nuts and just used it to hold them in nice and snug. 

Edited by OldWorkHorse
Fat thumbs small keyboard
  • Like 2

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

They are a very easy and only owning my wheelhorse a short time I must say a massive improvement over stock. Not flickering in the lights or anything. And no modification to the hood so OG bulbs can b put back in if wanted to. I tucked old wiring away and just bypassed it with new stuff but all still there for original. (Hood to 314 b4 the restore)

20200605_154015.jpg

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
41 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I thought the same thing but it makes a world of difference.

That things a beast. Cant wait to finally bury mine in sum snow. (I know carful what you wish for) is that a 2 stage or single? 

WVHillbilly520H
37 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

That things a beast. Cant wait to finally bury mine in sum snow. (I know carful what you wish for) is that a 2 stage or single? 

That's the 2 stage but I used a tall single for many seasons before finding it... Basically the same scene except really wet heavy snow or DOT plow banks that's the only times I actually see the 2 stage is better (again just my experiences).

OldWorkHorse

She ain't pretty but shes solid. :icecream:

20201023_152652.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Looks good from here

OldWorkHorse

All painted and mounted up. Hopfuly works like I see it in my head :eusa-think:. Just need the lights now. 

20201023_175231.jpg

20201023_175249.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

old work horse, returning from my sons in VT , we followed a dump truck that had the entire rear square of the dump bed as a break light/ flasher set up , just a little bigger than yours , could not miss it , pete

• Like 1

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

old work horse, returning from my sons in VT , we followed a dump truck that had the entire rear square of the dump bed as a break light/ flasher set up , just a little bigger than yours , could not miss it , pete

Lol. :eusa-think: I feel I might need to hunt that truck down. I bet it would bolt right up to the horse. Worse come worse plow dont see me It would probly stop it ha.

OldWorkHorse

So far its working. Lights kinda mounted need be adjusted. Wires are all run. Just need to make a mini switch box to mount the plug in and switches and the mount it to the bar. :happy-smileyinthebox:

20201027_155450.jpg

20201027_155910.jpg

• Like 3

OldWorkHorse

This should work. Turn lights around in the summer mow all night, I dont think the neighbors would mind ha. :techie-idea:B)

20201027_180802.jpg

20201027_180821.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Bring that down to the meet and greet and you can be the night guide for a woods ride. 

VERY nice!!!

• Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

can be the night guide for a woods ride. 

VERY nice!!!

That is very tempting haha. I need sum weights on the back of her that blower is dam heavy. Bar came out pretty good for scrap steel and pipe dreams. Just need make a switch box and I'll be on to next project. 

Edited by OldWorkHorse

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

That is very tempting haha. I need sum weights on the back of her that blower is dam heavy. Bar came out pretty good for scrap steel and pipe dreams. Just need make a switch box and I'll be on to next project. 

Fluid fill the tires and keep an eye on the cl..

OldWorkHorse
16 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

keep an eye on the cl..

Cl? Lol. 

ebinmaine

Craigslist. Oh and Uncle Henry's!

OldWorkHorse
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Craigslist. Oh and Uncle Henry's!

Lol yes. Sorry my short hand can be rusty sometimes. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

No worries. 

I regularly have to "search" for meanings of those type abbreviations. 

• Haha 1

OldWorkHorse

Putting together switch box for light bar. 

20201029_170438.jpg

20201029_170430.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1