Greentored

Building my ultimate horse

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Follow along and make sure I don’t do anything stupid

Follow along I can do.

Prevent stupid... Well I'm not so good at that.

:D

• Haha 7

SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

But, by the looks of the last pic you’re done with it all ready!!!??? :ychain:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, prondzy said:

Looking good, i like your style20160504_195859.jpg.5711504e850b809d143d8fadb5de44dc.jpg

A lot going on there for a Wheelhorse nut.

I like it.

Broad range of years and styles.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

@Greentored I’m in on this restomod.  This will be a fun build to watch...I like what I see already and you have the good fortune of Mike @prondzy‘s Beast to see roughly what it will look like all assembled. :popcorn:

• Like 3

Bert

I'm following this build for sure :handgestures-thumbupright: :popcorn:

• Like 1

Greentored
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

@Greentored I’m in on this restomod.  This will be a fun build to watch...I like what I see already and you have the good fortune of Mike @prondzy‘s Beast to see roughly what it will look like all assembled. :popcorn:

Now that I see @prondzy has already done it, Im gonna have to change something so folks dont see a pic and think he sold his to me :lol:  he even has the same exact tires I plan to use!

By the way, a large part of this build is being done with 'plow dog' in mind!  Apparently I am building a whole tractor to plow a 50 x 50 garden, so its gonna have to attend a couple plow days to get some real use......

• Like 3

Pullstart

Sweet stack up there!  Do you have the rest of the round hood machine, specifically the dash and shifter box?

• Like 1

Greentored

@pullstart, @Bert does!

• Thanks 1

prondzy

BUILD IT! dont worry about copies, im not the first to build it and wont be the last, my idea came from @Shynon post a pic of THE MACHINE. 

• Excellent 1

prondzy

20170808_194756.jpg.e4da17acfde338acbe3cfaf7ed677f3e.jpg

I added 520 swept axle 2 years ago. I used parts from every style from 62 up to 93

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 3

Greentored

Love it!  And yes I will be looking for the parts to run a starter/generator on it. Just something about that setup that tickles me every time I roll one over.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Love it!  And yes I will be looking for the parts to run a starter/generator on it. Just something about that setup that tickles me every time I roll one over.

I don't have any parts to offer you but if you want measurements for brackets or anything let me know

• Thanks 1

Greentored
22 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't have any parts to offer you but if you want measurements for brackets or anything let me know

Should be the same as my 1277, right?

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Greentored said:

Should be the same as my 1277, right?

Yepp...

It's on a 1276 half chassis.

• Thanks 1

Greentored

Update:  picked up a brand new set of Ags and tri ribs, snatched the cam out of a junk K241 and stabbed it into a K301 that had a broken cam. This will be the temporary powerplant so I can get this beast up and driving. Planning to put her right to work, and in the meantime, the K321 parts can start trickling in- its going to get the full '4000rpm max, puller style' build, including a cheater cam! I want this thing to yank a house down at 250rpms:lol:

k301.jpg

• Like 6

Pullstart

Did the tool box bolt to the transmission without modifying the C series tunnel or did you have to trim anything?

• Like 1

Greentored
21 hours ago, pullstart said:

Did the tool box bolt to the transmission without modifying the C series tunnel or did you have to trim anything?

Bolted right together, didnt have to do a thing except punch a hole in the toolbox for the trans dipstick:handgestures-thumbup:

I think this is the reason I have fallen in love with Wheel Horse- seems nearly everything will bolt up to everything, and most of it can be done with a 1/2", 9/16 and a screwdriver:lol:

Edited by Greentored
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

RandyLittrell
On 5/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, prondzy said:

Looking good, i like your style20160504_195859.jpg.5711504e850b809d143d8fadb5de44dc.jpg

The square hood round fender look is something I really love!!! The Stone's all the way around is spot on!! 

Randy

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Greentored

Update:  Blasted and painted a set of wheels Wimbledon white polyurethane, mounted up the tires and loaded the rears, then snuck out of work early yesterday and set a goal to get her together for a shakedown run. There's tools all over the shop, my parts tractor stash was raided to death, and theres a LOT more to be done, but she made her maiden voyage around the property without the slightest hiccup!

Now to go back and replace all the nails with cotter pins, hook up a brake, install hitch and belt guards, fab up a hood hinge and get rid of the ratchet strap, etc....

".......but I drove it" :lol:

c02.jpg

c01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Greentored said:

drove it

AWESOME

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 5/26/2020 at 10:17 AM, prondzy said:

20170808_194756.jpg.e4da17acfde338acbe3cfaf7ed677f3e.jpg

I added 520 swept axle 2 years ago. I used parts from every style from 62 up to 93

On 5/26/2020 at 10:56 AM, Shynon said:

The Machine 

20181020_110308.jpg

what did you guys use for the dash tower for the slanted shifter box, and what dash did you use to get it all together?

• Like 2

Shynon

Mine was an old round hood tower. 

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 1