Ed Kennell

Road Trip ?

ericj
On 2/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Checked out an estate liquidation today.    Just need to fix a price, then bring it home.

P2150040.JPG.e26122f40d13c407872d61440730c169.JPGP2150038.JPG.508f0fd133179f90e5d2e5dc9a9e2dc2.JPGP2150037.JPG.1f293da197b746fcbfe8c7e26d9443d5.JPGP2150035.JPG.d3793093ef660fbb337113eb313e2d5d.JPGP2150034.JPG.5d2cf7fbd46595008210e1dada50b1a0.JPG

Hey Ed I've got a big 20 foot landscape trailer, that I might loan out if the price is right, ( Wheel Horse of course ), Iv'e even got a big truck to pull it if your poor old Ford can't   :hide:  good luck 

eric j

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell

Thanks Eric @ericj  I may have to use the @pullstart loading system.  If the F-150 wimps out, I'll call you for the Cummins.   :auto-swerve:

• Like 3

ericj
19 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Thanks Eric @ericj  I may have to use the @pullstart loading system.  If the F-150 wimps out, I'll call you for the Cummins.   :auto-swerve:

I'm laid off right so I could even give an extra hand if needed, any onans in the bunch lol

eric j

• Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
33 minutes ago, ericj said:

any onans in the bunch lol

Nope, no twins.

ericj
1 minute ago, Ed Kennell said:

Nope, no twins.

aw shucks :ROTF:

eric j

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler

So Ed, what’s the news ? Did you buy em ? 

Ed Kennell
3 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

So Ed, what’s the news ? Did you buy em ? 

Hi Robbie,  the owner has to talk to his siblings, then call me back.   :confusion-waiting:

• Like 2

12 hp Kohler

Good luck, hopefully the siblings are kind with thier pricing. 

• Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Caught up to the owner in NC this morning.

:confusion-confused:          I presume this herd is near you. If they are in NC I could give a few of them a foster home.               :ychain:

• Haha 2

Pullstart
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

How far is this road trip again?  :eusa-think:

2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry, that data is CLASSIFIED.

2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:greetings-wavingyellow: Who didn't see that coming? 

Had to try....  

actually, I was joking about the fact that Ed’s in PA but the owner is in NC...

well that’s my story...  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

WHX??
3 hours ago, ericj said:

I'm laid off right 

eric j

I see your into HVAC @ericj..looking for work by any chance? I got an Onan here with your name all over it...smokes  abit but :hide:

Edited by WHX22

oliver2-44
5 hours ago, dells68 said:

Wait a minute there Jim.  I thought this year was going to be your first trip.  Say, you been sending spies on us horesaholics?  I have to pack a couple of extra bibs to keep the drool off of the tractors!

@dells68 

I've been to Pa probable 10 times over the last 30 years for work, and last summer to move my son to New Jersey. Now that I have a son & daughter-in-law up there (and I'm retired) I hope its easier to coordinate a trip during the Big Show.  Now regarding spies, were so WH poor around my area that I'll wrangle in broad open daylight.  I'll be worse than a fish out water with all that red around me at the big show. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

dells68

@oliver2-44 first time I went, I couldn’t believe the sea of red.  It’s like Disney for horse lovers.  Hard to believe Wheel Horse made so much.    More variety than you could ever imagine and just gets you drooling wanting one of everything you see!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ericj
3 hours ago, WHX22 said:

I see your into HVAC @ericj..looking for work by any chance? I got an Onan here with your name all over it...smokes  abit but :hide:

You paying mileage and hourly rate for travel time ???? :hide:

After working non-union HVAC for over 20 years, I joined the pipe fitters union local 520 almost 4 years ago as a service tech for Johnson Controls. A little over a year ago got laid off in October was off 3 weeks and got work building a new gas fired power house close to me. Full rate plus per-Diem. They finally got that job all but wrapped up got laid off 4 weeks ago. Interviewed with another service company, should know something in a week or 2. mean will keep checking the job board. Might go to Philly working in the refineries or Pittsburgh area for a big job out there. Would prefer to stay local though if I can.     

eric j

WHX??
10 hours ago, ericj said:

service tech for Johnson Controls.

Condolences --- I bet working for them kept you busy what with all the failures I have with their products!

Around here a good tech is worth 30 -40 hr ...and can pretty much write his/her own ticket.  Double that in the big cities and commercial work but they sometimes send a tech out with an armed guard! Good HVAC techs are pretty hard to find nowadays. Notice I said good @squonk :ychain:

Sry  Ed....:text-offtopic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk
18 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Condolences --- I bet working for them kept you busy what with all the failures I have with their products!

Around here a good tech is worth 30 -40 hr ...and can pretty much write his/her own ticket.  Double that in the big cities and commercial work but they sometimes send a tech out with an armed guard! Good HVAC techs are pretty hard to find nowadays. Notice I said good @squonk :ychain:

And good refrigeration guys are even harder. Then trying to find someone who will do hot side kitchen. :text-imsorry::offtopic:

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, WHX22 said:
2 hours ago, squonk said:

:text-imsorry::offtopic:

Not a problem here.    I'm probably the :text-offtopic: poster child...... or old rambling geezer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cafoose
13 hours ago, ericj said:

You paying mileage and hourly rate for travel time ???? :hide:

After working non-union HVAC for over 20 years, I joined the pipe fitters union local 520 almost 4 years ago as a service tech for Johnson Controls. A little over a year ago got laid off in October was off 3 weeks and got work building a new gas fired power house close to me. Full rate plus per-Diem. They finally got that job all but wrapped up got laid off 4 weeks ago. Interviewed with another service company, should know something in a week or 2. mean will keep checking the job board. Might go to Philly working in the refineries or Pittsburgh area for a big job out there. Would prefer to stay local though if I can.     

eric j

:offtopic:I got some work for you Eric :banana-wrench:I still need my heat pump installed when the weather gets nice :D

WHX??
3 minutes ago, cafoose said:

need my heat pump installed

That one's all yours Eric... maybe you can get Mike to kibitz! :lol:

Dictionary result for kibitz

/ˈkibits/  
verb
informalNorth American
verb: kibitz; 3rd person present: kibitzes; past tense: kibitzed; past participle: kibitzed; gerund or present participle: kibitzing
  1. look on and offer unwelcome advice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ericj
7 minutes ago, cafoose said:

:offtopic:I got some work for you Eric :banana-wrench:I still need my heat pump installed when the weather gets nice :D

if I'm still off or if I have time I'll see what I can do. Just got a call today for Brunner's Island for 3, 12 hr days. Have to go to work in the worst snow storm this year on my birthday, fun fun fun

eric j 

• Sad 1

ericj
2 hours ago, squonk said:

And good refrigeration guys are even harder. Then trying to find someone who will do hot side kitchen. :text-imsorry::offtopic:

I worked non-union for a lot of years had to do it all lol

eric j

• Like 2

cafoose
16 minutes ago, ericj said:

if I'm still off or if I have time I'll see what I can do. Just got a call today for Brunner's Island for 3, 12 hr days. Have to go to work in the worst snow storm this year on my birthday, fun fun fun

eric j 

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor: Eric! I took the day off for my son's birthday today. We were planning a trip to Shady Maple but they are closing at 2 because of the storm. I'm looking forward to some seat time later after dinner :banana-dance::banana-jumprope::banana-dreads:

https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

• Like 2

ericj
26 minutes ago, cafoose said:

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor: Eric! I took the day off for my son's birthday today. We were planning a trip to Shady Maple but they are closing at 2 because of the storm. I'm looking forward to some seat time later after dinner :banana-dance::banana-jumprope::banana-dreads:

https://www.shady-maple.com/smorgasbord

Well I was planning on possibly going tomorrow for my wife's birthday, but now with working I guess that won't happen. I already had seen the forecast for today and decided not to go way before today. was just out and it's changing over to freezing rain, starting to crust on top of snow. Hopefully it will all be melted by the time I get home tomorrow morning.

eric j

cafoose
Just now, ericj said:

Well I was planning on possibly going tomorrow for my wife's birthday, but now with working I guess that won't happen. I already had seen the forecast for today and decided not to go way before today. was just out and it's changing over to freezing rain, starting to crust on top of snow. Hopefully it will all be melted by the time I get home tomorrow morning.

eric j

I parked next door at the neighbor's large business parking lot :ph34r: until the snow stops. Since I don't need my driveway anytime soon and off work until 1pm tomorrow I may wait until after the rain to clear it. Also I would rather not clear it too soon and have an icy driveway from the freezing rain.