Jump to content
ebinmaine

Trina's next tractor. 867. Let's get this up and running !!

Recommended Posts

ebinmaine

We acquired this tractor about 2 months ago thanks to a very nice couple from New York State. @buckrancher thank you Brian and Jo.

 

A few weeks ago Trina and I were shooting the breeze about what one of the projects we were going to work on and she mumbled something about... "My new tracta".

Turns out she was talking about this 867 we've had sitting in the cellar.

 

 

This isn't going to be a full disassembly and repaint at this point. Taking it apart enough to fix the issues that it has so that we can get it up and running and usable here on the property.

It needs a generator lamp and an ignition switch. Drive belt. Fluid changes. Transmission needs seals. We had to change the gear at the base of the steering column because it was in three pieces. Throttle and choke cable. We will rewire it and get it back up and running and see how things go.

@Mows4three

@PeacemakerJack

You boys'll be happy to know her hands were more greasy than mine at the end of this nights exercises.

 

Here's a shot the day after we got it here.

IMG_20181014_115738272.jpg.1d4ce6d7027e57b344e132e50598e629.jpg

 

Took this tonight before we started disassembly.

IMG_20181223_174616988.jpg.cd3872e51a9e8680091f758523b95fdd.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195852273.jpg.1150b0a88412d798ca0845ae1cc2e177.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_175323029.jpg.5e2619c42c597e5fe21e3e8857b3e136.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195916304.jpg.25d64da869a1cf1857ed780819842d13.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195859139.jpg.ab5610059c1d3b3b32e4c0d2554c9472.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
ebinmaine
Just now, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:        Isn't that the case on all of your projects?                :hide: Looking back on your posts Trina has done the bulk of the work and you have taken the pictures!       :ychain:                                                          :text-coolphotos:

Well.... You're partially correct.

 

 

 

She HAS DONE MORE WORK, yes.

 

But she also takes a fair amount of the pics !!!!!

:ROTF::ROTF:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib

Trina ...  you go girl!!

 

  :banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Professor1990

Nice start to a project, you keep it up and you're gonna run into the same problem I'm having. Too many tractors and not enough room, or the other one too many projects not enough time. Good luck with it and looking forward to following along with your progress

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
11 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

Nice start to a project, you keep it up and you're gonna run into the same problem I'm having. Too many tractors and not enough room, or the other one too many projects not enough time. Good luck with it and looking forward to following along with your progress

:text-yeahthat:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I like the patina on Trinas tractor. A good winter project, you need to brush up on your picture taking.   :rolleyes:

 

Glenn

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

. Too many tractors and not enough room, or the other one too many projects not enough time.

*****

Good luck with it and looking forward to following along with your progress

 

:handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

 

45 minutes ago, Professor1990 said:

 

 

Hahahahahahahaha....

We already have both of those problems but it's okay.

 

 

 

24 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

A good winter project, you need to brush up on your picture taking.

 

I'm not by any means disagreeing with the fact that my picture taking skills could be substantially better. However, I have a Trina who takes good pictures.

 

:lol:

 

This really shouldn't be a winter project for us. Hopefully just in the next couple weeks.

One or both of us will be working on this at least a little bit the next couple days.

At that point I'll have to wait for parts to come in and then hopefully get most or all of it done on the next 4 Day weekend next week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Daron1965

That tractor looks like another great horse in your herd.  You two make a great team. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Herder
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We acquired this tractor about 2 months ago thanks to a very nice couple from New York State. @buckrancher thank you Brian and Jo.

 

A few weeks ago Trina and I were shooting the breeze about what one of the projects we were going to work on and she mumbled something about... "My new tracta".

Turns out she was talking about this 867 we've had sitting in the cellar.

 

 

This isn't going to be a full disassembly and repaint at this point. Taking it apart enough to fix the issues that it has so that we can get it up and running and usable here on the property.

It needs a generator lamp and an ignition switch. Drive belt. Fluid changes. Transmission needs seals. We had to change the gear at the base of the steering column because it was in three pieces. Throttle and choke cable. We will rewire it and get it back up and running and see how things go.

@Mows4three

@PeacemakerJack

You boys'll be happy to know her hands were more greasy than mine at the end of this nights exercises.

 

Here's a shot the day after we got it here.

IMG_20181014_115738272.jpg.1d4ce6d7027e57b344e132e50598e629.jpg

 

Took this tonight before we started disassembly.

IMG_20181223_174616988.jpg.cd3872e51a9e8680091f758523b95fdd.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195852273.jpg.1150b0a88412d798ca0845ae1cc2e177.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_175323029.jpg.5e2619c42c597e5fe21e3e8857b3e136.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195916304.jpg.25d64da869a1cf1857ed780819842d13.jpg

 

IMG_20181223_195859139.jpg.ab5610059c1d3b3b32e4c0d2554c9472.jpg

I have a similar tractor posted here on the site i listed it as an 854 opps. It's been for sale since August.  If its something that can use and you are in NY let me know, you can have it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Herder said:

I have a similar tractor posted here on the site i listed it as an 854 opps. It's been for sale since August.  If its something that can use and you are in NY let me know, you can have it.

Thank you very much for the offer... 

That's very generous.

I'll talk to my honey...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Chris G
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

needs a generator lamp

If your referring to the little red light in the chrome bezel for the dash let me know. Cause if so I got a few of them and I'll send one to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Chris G said:

If your referring to the little red light in the chrome bezel for the dash let me know. Cause if so I got a few of them and I'll send one to you.

That's the one Chris.

I have the lens and the nut that holds it into the dashboard but I don't have anything else.

Do you have a good usable complete one that includes the bulb and socket and everything?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
23 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's the one Chris.

I have the lens and the nut that holds it into the dashboard but I don't have anything else.

Do you have a good usable complete one that includes the bulb and socket and everything?

 

Hey Eric is that seat pan fiberglass ?  The 1067 that I just bought has the same one.    I'm just want to know if that's the original seat ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

original seat

It's likely the original seat, yes.

The 1267 had the same thing, covered by a waffle pattern vinyl cover. I think there was a plain one as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

It's likely the original seat, yes.

The 1267 had the same thing, covered by a waffle pattern vinyl cover. I think there was a plain one as well.

 

 

The one I have is fiberglass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
Just now, The Tool Crib said:

The one I have is fiberglass

Yepp.

That is the frame of the seat.

For whatever reason they used that instead of metal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yepp.

That is the frame of the seat.

For whatever reason they used that instead of metal.

 

Here's mine or what's left of it!

IMG_4994.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Chris G

I can send ya a complete one and a extra socket. The chrome has to be cleaned, but it's not pitted or anything like that.

20181224_100702.jpg

20181224_100649.jpg

  • Heart 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine

@Chris G

That's fantastic!

Thank you very much.

Let me know how much the postage is and I'll gladly reimburse you for that.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Here's mine or what's left of it!

IMG_4994.PNG

Yeah that's a lot like what I had on the 1267 when we got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine

In this pic you can see that this particular tractor had the ultra rare 3-piece steering column support block.

You can also see that I am draining the coffee sludge out of the transmission.

 

IMG_20181224_135720458.jpg.1f6588483f5b1772c134e0a9ca5a4057.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
giddyap
3 hours ago, Chris G said:

I can send ya a complete one and a extra socket. The chrome has to be cleaned, but it's not pitted or anything like that.

 

20181224_100649.jpgRelated image

1

Ebinmaine, you may want to ask Chris G from where it came 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
Just now, giddyap said:

Ebinmaine, you may want to ask Chris G from where it came 

Hahahahahahahaha

 

 

I'm okay with that. It would give us some interesting naming options for the tractor for sure......

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The Tool Crib
1 minute ago, giddyap said:

Ebinmaine, you may want to ask Chris G from where it came 

Wow I thought these things  :blink: Looked familiar! That explains it 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...