dells68

Christmas 2.0

dells68

Well, only two days left and I’m cranking away in the garage.  No pics yet, but I’ll post some tonight.  Turning out pretty nice.  Stay tuned.………

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

We got faith in you finishing on time :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

rjg854

Good luck,  I'm sure Emory, is going to be happy whether it's 100% or not. He's a great kid. 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

12:35 am. Stopping for a few hours.  Tomorrow looks like putting the tin back on, seat on, floor boards, pto setup, and decals.  Then comes the fun of cleaning up the mess I’ve made.  You’d die @WHX21!  Here are a  few shots I took earlier tonight.  The last one shows how much I had to stretch the upper pto mount to fit the Kohler - it was on the Briggs.  All the engine needs is gas and a whole lot of luck!

1F8A1D1D-A05D-4371-8E01-F47740E212F1.jpeg

5E49A277-6FEE-48BF-9B9D-860F8A8C41D6.jpeg

20A1A119-B900-4071-962E-64D2690E08A9.jpeg

42BF7FA7-A67C-47D2-96C5-F487333B867E.jpeg

19DBB61F-000C-4E07-9080-C0916019B48F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

953 nut

:woohoo:                        Looking good!                   :text-coolphotos:                  There is one little thing.            :confusion-confused:

345756851_groundit.jpeg.44d2b66f8ffb3d58a3e7568da015ef36.jpeg

• Like 3

Chris G

Looking great so far!

• Thanks 1

dells68

Thanks Richard!  I was so tired when I quit last night that I overlooked that!  I would have been saying a few choice words wondering why it wouldn’t start and trying to figure out what was wrong!  Time to go back again!  Fingers crossed I’ll get her done today! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AMC RULES

:eusa-clap: That engine looks sweet Delly.  :handgestures-salute:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Go Dell go!

• Thanks 2

dells68

Well, it’s got wheels and a seat now.  Fought it all day long trying to get it to run.  Finally after changing points and carb got it to run for a while.  Carb doesn’t seem quite right.  Very hard to start.  Disassembled it and will rebuild it tomorrow night.  Not gonna make it all together, but maybe I can get it running.  This one has fought me all around from the sheet metal on!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

rjg854

That's how it seems to go when you're under the gun.  Helps sometimes to walk away, gain a new perspective, and go back at it.  Best of luck to you, and Merry Christmas to all :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Tractor is the least of my worries.  Emory had a pretty bad seizure this morning.  Called 911.  We’re on our way to the hospital to get him checked out.  Please keep him in your prayers today.  Scariest 8 minutes or so of my life!  First seizure he’s ever had.

• Sad 5

AMC RULES

Sorry to hear...

our thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family Dells. 

• Thanks 1

Razorback

We’ll be praying for your family, Dells.

• Thanks 1

rjg854

Prayers are the least I can do, GOD Bless Emory, and the both of you. 

• Thanks 1

Chris G

I just seen you post. I hope that Emory is OK. My prayers and thoughts are with him and your whole family. 

• Thanks 1

dells68

Little Emory asked me on the way home if I would work on his tractor tonight.  I couldn’t tell him no.  I rebuilt the carb and that helped a little.  There is still a little something with the ignition or fuel.  It’s hard to start and searches as it runs.  I’ve tried two sets of points, two condensers, and two fuel pumps.  I’m sure it is something simple that my exhausted brain can’t understand.  I may have to make a little trip to see @oldredrider soon and get him to help diagnose it and work his magic.  I don’t mind a trip for Emory at this point.  I’ve almost got all of his decals and finishing touches on, so he can see it in the morning.  I told Dad that the only thing that matters to me now is that Emory enjoy his Christmas.  Today has put a whole new perspective on everything!  Gotta go finish before Santa catches me.  Merry Christmas!  Pics to come tomorrow.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

19richie66

Wow Dell, sorry to hear about Emory’s seizure. It has to be a scary, helpless feeling watching him go through this. Prayers and best wishes for you guys. No matter how far you get on the tractor, he will love it. And who says you can’t work on it together on Christmas day? I hope you all have a wonderful day my friend. Give Emory a high five for me. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Well played Dell.

Some impressive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

For someone that was so hard pressed for time on this project, that is one fine looking tractor, for sure!  :music-rockout:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Achto

Extremely sorry to hear about Emory's health issues and I'm very glad to see that he could be home for Christmas. May God keep him healthy & safe. He looks quite proud of his tractor, what a great gift. Excellent work on it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

As for your running issue, I noticed something in this pic that may or may not be the issue. I can't quite make out the wording written on the coil, but does it say that it requires a resistor wire or external resistor? If it does say that then you either need to add the resistor or replace the coil with one that has an internal resistor.

Merry Christmas!!:occasion-santa:

On 12/22/2018 at 11:43 PM, dells68 said:

20A1A119-B900-4071-962E-64D2690E08A9.jpeg

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Thanks guys!  I’m just blessed to have my boy with me this morning! God is great!  Merry Christmas friends!!!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

dells68

I’ll check that on the coil @Achto.  It was supposed to have an internal resistor,  it with parts places today, who knows!  For now, off to the inlaws and Dad’s for Christmas there!  

• Like 3

The Tuul Crib

Great work you're doing there Dell!

May you have a blessed day and Merry Christmas too!:occasion-snowman:

• Thanks 1