dells68

Christmas 2.0

dells68

Now another question.  Check out the pic below.  The color on the far right and left are the original color.  The other two are a lighter and darker shade of Krylon.  No inbetween with their color lineup.  I would have rather had Rustoleum, but their nearest color is way too dark.  What do you think-the lighter shade or the darker shade.  Can’t afford custom mix, so I have to go off of the shelf.  Thanks guys!

E6A334F7-F882-439B-B728-7D79E3B2076E.jpeg

Elkskin's mower junkyard
17 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Now another question.  Check out the pic below.  The color on the far right and left are the original color.  The other two are a lighter and darker shade of Krylon.  No inbetween with their color lineup.  I would have rather had Rustoleum, but their nearest color is way too dark.  What do you think-the lighter shade or the darker shade.  Can’t afford custom mix, so I have to go off of the shelf.  Thanks guys!

E6A334F7-F882-439B-B728-7D79E3B2076E.jpeg

Hare to tell with lighting. By the way I have a 312-8 I am parting out if you need any parts we may be able to figure something out. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

My vote is the left shade, the right looks more dark grey than anything...  the left looks to be in the same color group.  Maybe ask Emory?

• Thanks 2

AMC RULES

:text-+1:Left side, lighter shade of grey. 

• Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

Dells A-Z just two in a couple weeks ago. I ordered parts and he shipped quickly. They weren't n to bad things of shape, just clean up and repaint. Reasonable on price I thought.

• Thanks 1

dells68

Scraped the frame a little after going to Trail Life with Emory.  NASTY, NASTY,  NASTY!

118F6891-8F69-42B0-AC39-087E3B667905.jpeg

F9C39CDA-FDDF-4FEF-B620-81EA52147920.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Chris G

My vote would be the darker grey. I used the rustoleum charcoal grey on my b140 project and love the way it turned out.

20181109_163146.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Got a chance to work a little late tonight.  I spent the day setting up Dad a generator, moving firewood near his back door, and generally getting ready for this bout of old man winter.  Being the cheap arse I am, I used the fuel tank from the Briggs that was on Emory’s tractor.  I made mounts and put it where the battery should be.  It just clears the hood.  The original was missing and I’m going to remount the battery in an older style battery tray behind the motor right on the frame.  If we don’t loose power, I’m going to work on it again tomorrow.  Good night fellas!

86742143-EE95-48DB-8032-AE5791B42D35.jpeg

0A6DA1BE-6699-44AE-B568-11EC4D927C1D.jpeg

8B49349B-5145-4CA5-8418-7C38E6EA46C0.jpeg

AB405493-EBBE-4E06-B794-4D2A90C702EE.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Finished welding repairs and cleaned up the rest of the frame and engine.  I’ll try to post pics tomorrow - just braced the fender pan mount and patched the battery tray from a ranger.  I did bodywork the dash tower and get it primed.  Hopefully a little paint on it tomorrow😀.  Pretty happy for tonight though.

7017A855-9604-4823-8213-507E4B117D2E.jpeg

• Like 7

dells68

Got the frame painted last night and it looks pretty good.  Sorry, no pics.  I also painted the engine red.  I know, it should be black, but Emory and I like the look of the Work Horse @stratostar250 repowered with a Kohler.  Plus it breaks up the see of gray and black. I just got the first coat of primer on the hood, fender pan, and belt guard.  Gonna try to get them ready to paint tomorrow.

F243EE1F-5295-41EF-8BB1-B41ACA6682A3.jpeg

D45D10A6-FC1B-407D-BA0C-6B5BCCFC641E.jpeg

86AA2282-D462-485A-9221-3A919265D2B8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977

Your doing great! It's going to look good when you finish. I like it. I'm sure you son will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Just came up out of the garage.  Hood and fender pan are bodyworked, primed and put bedliner on the undersides.  Paint time tomorrow!  Emory still wants the classic medium gray.  We’ll see how it turns out!

07C9676C-5B4F-4DE9-8C29-6315A94EC105.jpeg

B46A3E8D-50DC-48D8-BD9F-10EF489CB966.jpeg

9CB9D37F-E9B2-444A-BAAC-029AD2034EBB.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Don't know how I missed this one Dells... my bad :hide:

Hey your messing up my nice clean shop! :laughing-rolling:

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, dells68 said:

Scraped the frame a little after going to Trail Life with Emory.  NASTY, NASTY,  NASTY!

118F6891-8F69-42B0-AC39-087E3B667905.jpeg

F9C39CDA-FDDF-4FEF-B620-81EA52147920.jpeg

• Haha 3

dells68
30 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Don't know how I missed this one Dells... my bad :hide:

Hey your messing up my nice clean shop! :laughing-rolling:

Can’t let my shop get messy.  Oh wait, it stays that way!  You know the sign of a genius is a messy work space.  Just saying, although I’ve never been accused of having too much smarts before😂.

• Haha 4

ebinmaine

That machine is looking really good so far Dell

I'm thinking that boy of yours might possibly be relatively happy when he sees it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Thanks Eric.  He had been helping me, but I’ve told him he can’t come back in the garage until Christmas.  He knows I’m fixing this one for him, but I want him to be surprised when he sees it finished.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H

I don't have a warm enclosed area where I can do paint work during the winter, but if I did I don't know when I would find the time lately, looking good Dell, Emory will be smiling ear to ear come Christmas day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Wow!  I got a huge surprise this afternoon.  I was checking my email this afternoon and noticed a refund from Terry, @Vinylguy, on the order I recently placed with him.  I got the order the other day and the decals are beautiful and the banner I ordered because Emory was pictured on it along with so many of our red square friends.  I messaged Terry asking about the refund.  Turns out one of our members paid for the order.  Talk about generosity, acts like that make our hobby what it is today!  Proof positive that there really are good people out there.  To that member I say thank you!  I understand you will be making the trip to the show this year and I look forward to meeting you and hopefully can repay your act of kindness!  Thank you my friend!!

• Excellent 4

WHX??

Wow ...unbelievable Dells ... guess the only thing I can say is possibly some day pay it forward. So celebs can send kids to Disney World and the like we have our own small way....Excellent. ...absolutely excellent! There ain't enough thumbs here!

Now ..back to you messing up my shop. :ychain:

Whenever I bring a tractor in I lay sheets of cardboard down under it. I am blessed with having alot of cardboard from furnace boxes. Especially if said tractor likes to mark it's spot! When she rolls out I just fold the cardboard and crap up and into the stove she goes to heat the shop. Summer time out to the pit. Makes cleanup a breeze and I don't have skid marks that can't be chewed out like @Achto 's shop! :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX21
Speeling & Gramma
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

dells68

@WHX21, Jim.  Me thinks @Achto and I are cut out of the same cloth!  A mess doesn’t bother me, as long as I turn out an ok project.  I’ll clean up good over Christmas before I start another project.  I’ve got my Dad’s Ford LGT125 that has sat for about 25 years that I need to get to if I can get these horses to stop jumping into the stall😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??

I'll clean up good... famous last words...That's what @19richie66 said just before he got married! :laughing-rolling:

I have no clue how Dan turns out such delish projects in his shop ...I couldn't do it in a clean well lit and furnished shop! 

Lol...mess doesn'treally bother me  'till ....now where did I put that! :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by WHX21
  • Haha 2

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

I have no clue how Dan turns out such delish projects in his shop .

Organized chaos feeds your creativity Jim. It also helps to have multiple tools, that way you can use different one until you find the one you lost.  :D Besides I cleaned my shop, just enough to get another tractor project in.:hide::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

dells68
52 minutes ago, Achto said:

Organized chaos feeds your creativity Jim. It also helps to have multiple tools, that way you can use different one until you find the one you lost.  :D Besides I cleaned my shop, just enough to get another tractor project in.:hide::lol:

Sounds just like me Dan!😂🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead

Hey Dell, good Job.

It looks pretty clean.

👍

• Thanks 1