1962 Cub Cadet Original

Jerry77

Nice !....wish I still had mine...enjoy

• Thanks 2

JAinVA

Coming along nicely Tigman.

• Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

I reckon I need to get at it a refinish dad's in resto-mod style, @TIGman, looks darn good to me, I basically grew up on ours when dad bought it used in '77/78, thanks for sharing, Jeff. Here's a pic right after dad and I "restored" it when I was 12 or 13 now 47 and one just a couple years ago.

IMAG3805.jpg

IMAG4220.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 7

TIGman
21 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I reckon I need to get at it a refinish dad's in resto-mod style, @TIGman, looks darn good to me, I basically grew up on ours when dad bought it used in '77/78, thanks for sharing, Jeff. Here's a pic right after dad and I "restored" it when I was 12 or 13 now 47 and one just a couple years ago.

IMAG3805.jpg

IMAG4220.jpg

Nice Cub !  That's great that you and your Dad could work on it together. :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
12 hours ago, Jerry77 said:

Nice !....wish I still had mine...enjoy

Me too! 

2061188160_cub2.jpg.635a51041626b79041e9444856ac2081.jpg  cub.jpg.3dc31d5d99a1330a24d95f8f0cd66392.jpg

• Like 6

Jim Demery

Nice original Tigman. Here's my 62, just got it finished. 

20181021_110539.jpg

20181021_110515.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

So I’ve been thinking of seat springs.  Can you tell the difference much if the U is to the front or rear?  It would make the fender/seat/tool box configuration much easier on my current project!  

56A405D8-F05C-44A9-BBAB-3B10C9BB8014.jpeg

PeacemakerJack

Nice Cub Originals Guys. I too let one slip through my fingers about 6 years ago.  They pop up on a regular basis in our area and I’d really like to pick up a nice example at some point.  Excellent work as always @Jim Demery on that restore.  

@pullstart Kevin—I’ve had the u spring boTh ways on various tractors and it doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of difference other than which way the seat tips while “springing” up and down...my .02 cents anyway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
27 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Nice Cub Originals Guys. I too let one slip through my fingers about 6 years ago.  They pop up on a regular basis in our area and I’d really like to pick up a nice example at some point.  Excellent work as always @Jim Demery on that restore.  

@pullstart Kevin—I’ve had the u spring boTh ways on various tractors and it doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of difference other than which way the seat tips while “springing” up and down...my .02 cents anyway

I figured that she’d get used to it, so long as I can get used to the look of it!  Thanks Josh!

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

This is my OCC, first picture is about around 13 years ago, right after my Dad and I redid it. It did belong to Dad, now they are mine and will be passed on when I go. Second is a year of two ago. My kids were little then, now my son is 20 and I have a 3 year old grandson!

20180112_065723.jpg

KIMG0287.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4

RandyLittrell
On 10/18/2018 at 2:33 PM, TIGman said:

Well besides picking a up :wh: B80 recently,

I also had another friend give me a 1962 Cub Cadet Original project.

So far it is coming along nicely, even had it started up. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Some "Before and After" pictures. 

Still have a ways to go yet. 

IMG_20180916_162103251.jpg

IMG_20180916_162128834.jpg

IMG_20180923_081423199.jpg

IMG_20181014_151332943_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181014_152947650.jpg

IMG_20181014_151452983.jpg

Yours is looking great!! There is something about those OCC's! Just love putting around on it! 

Randy

• Excellent 3

TIGman

I think my granddaughter likes the Cub Cadet. ;) :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_20181026_185121539.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

@PeacemakerJack, @Machineguy, @TIGman, Was back over home today and had mom dig out some more pictures, I'm guessing circa 1978/79, I'm on the OCC "plowing" snow that's my dad standing beside me and our old  land "yacht" '73 Impala in the background, as you can tell the "garage" had just been built from rough cut pine and hadn't been stained yet, Jeff.

15412855720311111051676798369326.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

That is sooooo cool Jeff! You know how I am a sucker for vintage pics and especially ones that have forum members in them from back in the day.  I wish that one was a little clearer but I can still make out all the important details.  Thank you for sharing such a Great old school pic:thanks:

How cool to be able to plow snow as a kid.  I never had that opportunity because Dad had the ‘66 Scout with Plow.  But I have plenty of seat time now between my 1772 with 60” Haban blade and Kelli’s 523D with the Deuce! :auto-layrubber:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That is sooooo cool Jeff! You know how I am a sucker for vintage pics and especially ones that have forum members in them from back in the day.  I wish that one was a little clearer but I can still make out all the important details.  Thank you for sharing such a Great old school pic:thanks:

How cool to be able to plow snow as a kid.  I never had that opportunity because Dad had the ‘66 Scout with Plow.  But I have plenty of seat time now between my 1772 with 60” Haban blade and Kelli’s 523D with the Deuce! :auto-layrubber:

Yep moms old 126 Kodak Instamatic with the "flash cube" but hey that was 40 years ago...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

No doubt!

Who would’ve thought that one day we would be taking 1970’s studio quality photos with a “telephone”? Oh yeah, that same phone would be capable of videos, taking care of your financials, playing games, sending “letters” that arrive the instant you send them, an all access resource to every bit of information in the planet, Would be fully portable, etc, etc, etc!

times have changed!

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 4