They have a shape with personality.

My personal choice will be 

Ford Wills Coupé 1932

The Fargo 1958 what bcgold shows

Pontiac Firebird 1967

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Thanks for the great pictures Jeff @WV Hillbilly!!:handgestures-thumbupright: Looks like there were a lot of cool cars there. That Luv truck looks incredible!! Sure makes me miss my old "Luv Muscle" :(

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Luv Muscle!  :ROTF:

• Haha 3

Stormin
9 hours ago, pullstart said:

Luv Muscle!  :ROTF:

Behave yourself. :D

• Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

Fueling up today at the local convenience mart when this beauty pulled in...

1376A38B-3580-445F-A12C-3FC546BDDF92.jpeg.35a1ef6f106f80ab33cd392f4b9d2769.jpeg

the current owner had purchased a 1979 variant brand new but then sold it in the mid 80’s when his first child was born.  He always wanted another one and found this one for sale a few months back in California. It was a one owner truck purchased new in 1980 and is mostly original.  2.2L engine with 5spd tranny and 4WD! He flew to the coast from Wisconsin and drove it home.

COOL.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

Stormin

Called the Hi Lux over here. Does he want a set of original wheels for it? I've five in my wood yard. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

Found some pics of a couple of dad's trucks 2 Chevys (69 C10 long bed Him holding me in 1973 and a 74 C20) he bought new but we're totaled within 4 years of buying, then his first and last Ford (73 F100 XLT with factory installed cab mounted airhorns and west coast mirrors and 390BB... Then the C50 right after I painted it nearly 30 years ago... Dad's 73 Impala (land yacht)... @AchtoAnother one me my 76 LUV (circa 1989) and a wicked Mud bogger LUV... 

1974 C20.jpg

Wrecked 74 C20.jpg

DAD and ME 69 Chevy.jpg

1973 F100 XLT.jpg

1969 C50 Fresh Paint.jpg

1973 Impala.jpg

1976 LUV & Me 3.jpg

1976 LUV  The MUD RAT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Jeff!!! I like vintage trucks and even more I like vintage pics of vintage trucks:handgestures-thumbupright:

SUPER:text-coolphotos:

Bummer to see those two now classics busted up but seeing your classic 80’s “get up” next to the LUV made it better:ROTF:

Gotta love style trends...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JCM

@PeacemakerJack   Taking into consideration that today is your birthday and you are the one who started this wonderful Vintage Truck topic I want to ask your permission if it would be alright to include a few trucks that are a little newer than vintage.If I can round up some older pictures of trucks that i have owned starting with a 1972 F-100 , 1978 F-150 , 1988 Chevy R-30 Chassis Cab , 1999 Chevy K 2500 EXT cab , and a 2002 Chevy  K 3500 Chassis Cab , the 1986 K-20 is already posted in here and any newer I will not post as they are not worthy of this section. One of these trucks pictured here has a crunched  front end and @WV Hillbilly  gave me the idea to try to put this together, but please be patient as computers are not my forte.    And again HAPPY BIRTHDAY

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@JCM

I'll bet I know where you can get a 99 suburban to add to that list.

• Excellent 2

JCM

Have always wanted a Suburban since the early days but because of my trade for the past 43 years I always needed a truck, that Suburban will take precedence over the 420-LSE , I just need to get through this recent surgery and get back to earning a living full time, fingers crossed.

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Thanks Jeff!!! I like vintage trucks and even more I like vintage pics of vintage trucks:handgestures-thumbupright:

SUPER:text-coolphotos:

Bummer to see those two now classics busted up but seeing your classic 80’s “get up” next to the LUV made it better:ROTF:

Gotta love style trends...

If you look closely behind my blue LUV is a black parts truck and further in the distance a green '59 Pontiac Catilina... You will also notice the barn not having the newer addition I built to hide the GTs ...  And how much that C50 faded over the years setting out in the weather.

client_PART_1485022754643_IMAG1842.jpg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
40 minutes ago, JCM said:

@PeacemakerJack   Taking into consideration that today is your birthday and you are the one who started this wonderful Vintage Truck topic I want to ask your permission if it would be alright to include a few trucks that are a little newer than vintage. One of these trucks pictured here has a crunched  front end and @WV Hillbilly  gave me the idea to try to put this together, but please be patient as computers are not my forte.    And again HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Thanks for the Birthday wishes once again.  You will notice that we have a variety of trucks in this thread, many old but some newer.  I think everyone has been putting a good vibe out with the trucks (and cars) that they have shared. We all have seemed to enjoy them.

I am excited to see what you have and I’ll be patiently waiting...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

excited to see what you have and I’ll be patiently waiting

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bc.gold

Abandoned but not forgotten

auto.jpg

• Like 2

19richie66
4 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Abandoned but not forgotten

Just like my tractors at the moment :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

PeacemakerJack

@bcgold that car has AWESOME Patina and great potential...if I would’ve had $15K lying around (yea right, I have 4 kids under the age of 16😉) I would’ve bought this Poncho last summer...5D4B3CD5-6A25-4F27-A39F-DBDC24E50669.jpeg.c300618eec6f4759a04a5436ae746ffb.jpeg

1948 model retrofitted with a late model engine and OD tranny

670FCC69-D4AC-4EE1-B47C-F7C0FC9810B4.jpeg.b38b449561ba1a9cc46fe26ebe1d0748.jpeg

If I could’ve afforded it, I would’ve bought it and drove it pretty much the way it sits 

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

This truck had me totally drooling...

B65DF936-F2C5-46F8-853E-9C7A21A6877D.jpeg.ac3e7fa3f600c2eda536c34580fd2f23.jpeg

1991 square body crew cab 1 ton long box...

F647F02F-C81D-4AE2-A367-BA57DA2D3334.jpeg.2ce20c8e231d5208f62eaf93a6d216cc.jpeg

Excellent restored condition!

19209530-2E56-431E-AAA7-B78D9E55713C.jpeg.79c3ca4520e6708d3ca3162ccb9c3d03.jpeg

With a 12valve and an NV4500 manual 5spd.  I can’t figure out why he didn’t want to trade even up for my “much newer” 1995 350TBI! :confusion-shrug:

I’m not a catholic but I entertained going to confession for covetousness after looking this truck over good:rolleyes:

What a beastie!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

@PeacemakerJack

Quite a piece of machinery there

I do likes me a old school crew cab.

• Like 1

76c12091520h

One of my other toys......just a simple 350/ 4 speed / 12 bolt with an Eaton locker and 4.33's; 10 year father and son project , finished it about 7 yrs ago. 

529.JPG

537.JPG

540.JPG

534.JPG

535.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack

@76c12091520h I would love more information about this beautiful Chevy!  If you have some resto pictures and more details—like how much of the work you did yourselves, what color is that, was this a truck you bought specifically for the resto or is it one that you’ve had for a long time, etc.  Thank you for “joining the party” and sharing pics of it👍🏻

• Like 1

tom2p
8 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

One of my other toys......just a simple 350/ 4 speed / 12 bolt with an Eaton locker and 4.33's; 10 year father and son project , finished it about 7 yrs ago. 

529.JPG

537.JPG

540.JPG

534.JPG

535.JPG

super sweet !

and AC also ... nice !

• Like 1

Achto
8 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

534.JPG

Super sweet truck!!! Is it a 2nd gen '55 or a '56?

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

76c12091520h
14 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

@76c12091520h I would love more information about this beautiful Chevy!  If you have some resto pictures and more details—like how much of the work you did yourselves, what color is that, was this a truck you bought specifically for the resto or is it one that you’ve had for a long time, etc.  Thank you for “joining the party” and sharing pics of it👍🏻

Truck was bought as a project back in 2002 , and all of the work was done by us except for a sewn on piece of trim around the carpet, the velour sunvisors and the matching velour headliner. Other than that everything you see is our handywork. It has a Nova subframe and a completely scratch built rear frame section. Dad did the drivetrain and electrical , I made everything pretty. This is what we started with:

1031190902.jpg

• Like 2

ZXT
On 9/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

Fueling up today at the local convenience mart when this beauty pulled in...

the current owner had purchased a 1979 variant brand new but then sold it in the mid 80’s when his first child was born.  He always wanted another one and found this one for sale a few months back in California. It was a one owner truck purchased new in 1980 and is mostly original.  2.2L engine with 5spd tranny and 4WD! He flew to the coast from Wisconsin and drove it home.

COOL.

I love those old Toyota trucks - I have an 80 and an 85 myself. The 80 has a 20R (2.2l) and the 85 had a 22R (2.4l). Both are excellent, reliable little pickups that get great mileage. My 85 got 28 MPG highway before I pulled the 4 cylinder and put in an inline 6 cyl out of a Supra.

11 minutes ago, 76c12091520h said:

Truck was bought as a project back in 2002 , and all of the work was done by us except for a sewn on piece of trim around the carpet, the velour sunvisors and the matching velour headliner. Other than that everything you see is our handywork. It has a Nova subframe and a completely scratch built rear frame section. Dad did the drivetrain and electrical , I made everything pretty. This is what we started with:

1031190902.jpg

That's quite the transformation! I love seeing builds that people do themselves - having all of it farmed out is fine and all, but you certainly appreciate it more when your sweat went into it.