Team70R

Free Briggs! Carb trouble as usual..

Team70R

Well I scored a gently used Briggs 900 series to repower my new 606! Doesn't have an air cleaner cover for it so I zip tied the filter on after I cleaned all the junk out of the carb and it ran good. Now it will rev slow and die after it idles a second. I'm guessing there's some more gunk in the carb that I either missed or broke free?? 

IMG_2173.JPG

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Free is good....I'll take it off your hands.   Are you coming to the big show?

• Like 1

Team70R

I actually got the tractor for free as well!! Haha I'm gonna hang on to it! I'll get it running this weekend. Is it the Pennsylvania show?

• Like 2

Team70R

Wish I could!!!

Ed Kennell
28 minutes ago, Team70R said:

Wish I could!!!

Dang it....I guess my "free" Briggs isn't coming.  :sad-darkcloud:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• hotajax
      By hotajax
      Morning -  Looking for a carb.  There are plenty of carbs on the 'net, but 99% do not fit because of the choke configuration.

Background info:  Engine - K321S, 14 Horse Kohler.
      Choke control cable is routed to come from BELOW the carb.  To close the choke, pull on the choke knob, the choke shaft rotates counter clockwise, and the finger tab sits at the 10 o'clock position.
      To open the choke, push on the choke knob, the choke shaft rotates clockwise, and the tab sits at the 1 o'clock position.

Where can I get his carb?  Thanks in advance. 

• 67 WH 877
      By 67 WH 877
      When I purchased my WH (67 T877) it had the incorrect oil bath filter on it (it bent the front of the grill out) I took it off and placed a regular filter using just the oil bath cover. My question is...is it ok to run these Kohlers without the oil bath filters? I know they are better filters, but Im curious if the modern filters are sufficient. 
    • r1jakecfd
      By r1jakecfd
      Hi Guys,
      I’m cleaning the Onan P220 carb on my 520H. It’s a Nikki 146-0479 carb. I was wondering if the main jet needs An o ring and if so which type and size? There was no o ring when I took it apart. 
      Thanks!

John
    • tpuppo3
      By tpuppo3
      Hello all.  I spent about 30 minutes sorting through thousands of topics related to "high idle" but none of which answered my question, so apologies to all if this is a repeat.

I recently bought a C161 (8 speed manual) with a Briggs & Stratton 18hp twin.  According to Briggs' manual they recommend idle to be set at 1400rpm.  I'm not claiming to be smarter than the engineers who designed it, but this seems incredibly high and wasteful on gas.  Realistically, a tractor engine isn't spending a lot of time idling (not like a car stuck in traffic or at a light) but it's more of an annoyance than anything. 

My question is, does anyone know 1.) why it's idle is so high, and 2.) has anyone tinkered with it to get it lower-without compromising other performance aspects of the engine?  All my personal preferences in relation to idle speed aside, the engine runs like a top (knock on wood). 

Thanks to all for your help. 
    • Seacrestbf
      By Seacrestbf
      Hello, I have a D 200. It has been running great, I was having a hard time starting it and I replace the filter and fuel pump. Adjusted the carb, and now under heavy load she will bog down and stall. If you are just driving seams fine, but if you tow a trailer with the mower, I boggs and stalls? Carb Issue or Fuel Pump?

Thoughts?
       Thank you
      Brian