tsmall07

First time pushing snow with the 520H.

tsmall07

I'm pretty happy with how it performed.  I had to hit the plow line in the street with some momentum to bust through, but no real issues.  I need more traction, but I was still able to push a pretty impressive amount of snow (much more impressive than what's in the videos).  Next year I'll ballast the tires and get wheel weights.  Very happy considering I started the weekend thinking the motor was lunched.  

Edited by tsmall07
  • Like 7

AMC RULES

Gotta take smaller bites of the pile, cut it down filling only say...1/3 to 1/2 of the blade. 

Hard on your trans mount ramming into the piles like that.  Otherwise...looks great. :eusa-clap:

5605c95cb0519_wheel_horsin_around_333607

• Like 5

ericj

you need a 2 stage blower for that pile of snow check out my 520 with a 2 stage blower

eric j

042.JPG

048.JPG

049.JPG

056.JPG

054.JPG

051.JPG

• Like 4

Tankman

The trans mount is "bothersome".

Next project, I plan to reinforce the mount before damage.

• Like 3

tsmall07
45 minutes ago, ericj said:

you need a 2 stage blower for that pile of snow check out my 520 with a 2 stage blower

eric j

Yeah, I had one last year, but I sold it.  We only get snow like this once every 5 years or so.  If I get a shed for the WH, I'll probably buy another one.  It was just too heavy and too in the way to deal with all the time. 

32 minutes ago, Tankman said:

The trans mount is "bothersome".

Next project, I plan to reinforce the mount before damage.

Sounds like a good idea!

cheesegrader

Jeepers, Craig!

That transmission mount looks like crap!

Are you sure you didn't hit a fire hydrant?  Telephone pole?  Giant boulders?

Edited by cheesegrader

Ken B

Another little tip, if you don't need a 48 inch blade go with a 42 inch. Less to push at once and it equals a little more seat time. A win win if your not in a hurry...

tunahead72
9 hours ago, cheesegrader said:

Jeepers, Craig!

That transmission mount looks like crap!

Are you sure you didn't hit a fire hydrant?  Telephone pole?  Giant boulders?

Stone wall? Side of house? :ychain:

WHX??

Now your talking my language @ericj..... some day going to have a blower like that on the 520... and a cab God willing and @JERSEYHAWG / Glenn able!! Came off blowing duty yesterday looking like the abdominal snowman. Found out the hard way blowing snow on an open tractor is alot like peeing into the wind!!!....

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Bill Winn
      By Bill Winn
      For sale. 1981 WH C-175 Kohler twin series 1

1. Tractor has brand new ag tires all the way around, brand new seat, new points and condenser, new rear blade quick attach bracket, lights have been rewired with LEDs, it has a brand new lift cable and bracket,seat pan is from a 410... it's surface rusted but at least it isn't busted up like the oem plastic one, starts and runs but smokes a bit on startup if it's been sitting for months but she runs smooth and strong.

2. Tiller is like new. It had been used only about once when I bought it and now it has been used 4 times more. Tines still have much of the factory paint on them.

3. 42" mower deck works perfectly, 4. snow blade was/ is rough but I repaired it so it is quite functional,

4. Brand new rear grader blade,

5. Wheel Horse brand plow,

6. Wheel Horse brand disc- I added a piece of motorgrader blade for a drag. I also welded a post to the top to hold weights,

7. Wheel Horse brand cultivator,

8. Home built furrower. (Makes good rows)

The original Wheel Horse plow/disc/cultivator originally came as a modular kit and in order to use it the draw bar and clevis hitch had to be swapped back and forth. (big pain) I fabricated draw bars and hitches onto each piece so this is no longer necessary.
      I think this is a fair asking price at $2200 for all.

• Donavon
      By Donavon
      Need ideas to convert my 1054 A Frame plow into a snow blower
      Any idea's?
    • gwood
      By gwood
      Question: I'm looking at the seat and decal drawing and could use an answer! Does the the seat spring or the adjusters go under the seat? It looks like the adjusters go directly under the seat and then the springs under the adjuster. If so, where does the spacer (110932) go?   The reason I ask is the seat is quit low and the back sets low making it hard for me to reach the brake/ return to neutral pedal.
    • Merl
      By Merl
      Newbie here and I have a 520-H that runs, but needs some TLC and some minor things fixed and/or adjusted. It comes with a like new tiller that I believe has only been used once and has paint still on the tines. I am the 2nd owner and I have personally never used the tiller. I am selling my previous home that I rent and where it has been stored. My current home's yard just isn't big enough to use a rider and I need to find a new home for it. I want to sell them together to simplify and I need them gone in the next 2 weeks. Please reach out with any questions and I'll do my best to answer. I am definitely not as knowledgeable as most of you on this forum, but figured somebody would like to fix it up, part it out and/or needs a tiller. Please email or text.