elliot ness

d blade problems

elliot ness

Picked up an old rusted D blade, every moving part was stuck, but after 2 days of heat and PB blast, well here it is. nite mirror over. and of course Nugget our garage cat .

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

S3700003.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700005.JPG

• Like 4

AMC RULES

S3700002.JPG

Looks like Nugget has laid claim...

to all that hard :wh: work.  :text-coolphotos:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Tfarver
      By Tfarver
      This is my commando I just picked up awhile ago. Looks like it was-tried to be a puller. Got it with no motor but have a strong 14 to install. Does anyone know how to preserve the sheet metal but keep the “rust look”. Will be using this unit for small farm chores. I really like the look currently with the rust and wear, kinda tells a story I suppose but I don’t want to leave the Tin “unprotected”. I’ve heard of guys lightly rubbing down the metal with used motor oil?  Any thoughts, comments, concerns are highly appreciated!

• Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      so the whole corner of my 42 rear discharge was completely rotten away. I’ve welded sheet metal before, but I don’t really know what gauge steel is need for a solid repair. I have 16 gauge on hand. Would something thicker be needed?
    • DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      I've killed a LOT of rust in my time from semi tankers to tiny tools with big sandblasters, electricity, abrasives and chemicals.  One of my fondest is Evaporust but I just saw a video that really impressed me:
      http://drxcleaner.com/videos/

Anyone seen or perhaps used it? 
      And if you haven't tried Evaporust perhaps you should. 
    • DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      http://strongarmbrand.com/

I've used, liked and recommended "Fluid Film" and TC-11 but never tried StrongArm.  Kind of pricey but if it works like this:
      Here's Before and After with 35 year old 

and Restored by a USA fluid User in Daytona 

Anybody used it?  Or anything similar that you like?

Thank!
    • WH 312-8 Fan
      By WH 312-8 Fan
      So, I got the transmission gutted. This is my first gear box of any kind that I have cracked open. So my rookie eyes tell me that any rust of any sort in there probably isn't good?

I have access to a parts washer at work. I was going to run the transmission casings through once or twice. My main question is, should I press all the bearings out before I run it through? Can I trust a good thorough drying and oiling afterward to keep the needle bearings intact? I'll also have to scrape it out by hand I suppose. Have any of you seen anything like this? worse? Am I over reacting and I should just throw 'er back together?

See that attached photos for a bit more clarity. 

Second thing, I don't have the detent assembly out yet so my shift fork rails are still installed. I just popped out the roll pins to get the forks and their gears out. I posted a picture of the 1/4" press in cap on the outside face of the transmission. How the devil do you get that thing out? I imagine you guys have some creative ways to do it? I'll PM Mike in OH as well.

Thanks for any help!