Southern_Secret

IT'S a D-180 & IT'S all MINE!!

OutdoorEnvy

Wow great score!  Front loader and a 3pt!  That will be a handy rig for sure!

• Excellent 2

Wayne0

I'll betcha' stole it too!

• Like 2

ol550

For a few of us a D series is like a boat.  Excited the day you get it and even happier to see it going down the driveway. :happy-bouncyredfire:

• Haha 4

Southern_Secret
1 hour ago, Wayne0 said:

I'll betcha' stole it too!

Well as of now there as been no cotton paper change hands..............and being as he said "if the scrap yard would have been open today it would have went there" the day he dropped it off, im not suspecting there will be but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

JoeM

Looks like some wicked stacks too!

they are a heavy machine and will do work. 

Do keep an eye on the pump to engine coupler as they are prone to fail. Always throttle down be fore turning off the engine also. my neighbor snapped mine off and zinged the coupler spline. 

• Thanks 1

Southern_Secret
15 minutes ago, ol550 said:

For a few of us a D series is like a boat.  Excited the day you get it and even happier to see it going down the driveway. :happy-bouncyredfire:

The more digging I do on here the more nerves I get about it :confusion-helpsos:

ebinmaine

:text-welcomewave:. Back!!

• Thanks 1

Southern_Secret

@JoeM The pump coupler is looking good from what I can tell.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

I know the list will probably get longer, but thus far these are the issues im working threw

Im sure some D-series fanatics will find the thread  (I hope)

#1- The dadgum gas tank is rust welded to the fender pan

#2- The steering wabbles so much it got pulled over for DUI :laughing-rofl:

#3- Im pretty sure the FEL pump is pushed against the frame around the grill

#4- One of the axel seal is leaking 

the rest is un-none at the time.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

There's a checklist in this following thread. Might help you sort through things. Not specific to any particular model so there's going to be some unneeded information in there.

• Excellent 1

JoeM

The three point was nice for hooking up a weight box.

I believe the steering box has an adjustment maybe someone here might be able to help with that issue. 

And to be honest. I took the loader off and put it on a 520H because of consistent issues with the D. Coupler issues, Hydro piping leaks, and very, very hard to steer with a load. The 520 reduction steering was a big improvement. 

If I was only using it once in a while I would have kept it, but I used it all the time and the steering was a deal breaker. 

I actually moved my gas tank back some cause I eat well. It has been a while and can't remember how tho.

image.png.aa6dc205f733a02aec052e98d13f05ae.png

My loader was homemade and the pump mounted underneath and utilized the mule drive for the mower deck to route the belt.

image.png.fda28165ffdf824f3dfacd5e0f0cb770.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Southern_Secret

@JoeM I do understand more clearly than I'd like :laughing-rofl: that the D's come with there baggage. Only other tractors I have is a 314h, ym1300, and 2605 massy & I dare not put the FEL on my 314h.

Im not sure how the tank got rusted to the fender pan. I got all the nuts off no problem, but one corner of the tank is "stuck" to the fender pan :ranting:

JoeM
3 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

Im not sure how the tank got rusted to the fender pan

better then JB Weld! 

• Haha 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

I do understand more clearly than I'd like :laughing-rofl: that the D's come with there baggage.

D's are not all that bad, to me they are a little more like working on a Cub Cadet.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

Question, does anyone know the Wheel Horse Part# for a carb kit? I found a # in my small engine book Part# 2575701s, but I want to be sure it is right before ordering it. TIA

Southern_Secret

Another Question I have is, with the tractor not running (cause iv not got it running yet lol) I can push the motion control lever forward & almost back to the Neutral position and it stops moving...is this normal??

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Southern_Secret said:

Question, does anyone know the Wheel Horse Part# for a carb kit? I found a # in my small engine book Part# 2575701s, but I want to be sure it is right before ordering it. TIA

That's the correct number for a single cylinder Kohler carb. If it's a twin, 2575702

Southern_Secret

Thanks @ebinmaine you always got the slack out the trigger ready to go :handgestures-thumbupright:, it is indeed a twin cylinder & I thought that part# looked wrong so I asked.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

@ebinmaine I cant make that Part# work, this is what there showing in my book. They might have superseded it im not sure

D-180 CARB INFO.jpg

ebinmaine

That looks like the newer style twin. Command?

Try 2575702S 

I failed to put the S on the first time

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

@ebinmaine The one I was referring to is the 2nd from the top of page.

So I got the 2575702s to cross finally and this is what it crossed to in my napa system. I might have to go threw Kohler to get it

CARB_KIT.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

You can get them online for about $20, $25. Original Kohler. Here's an eBay listing number you can search if you like.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

Thank you @ebinmaine, im trying to get this beast running & make sure there is no huge problems with it before dump time and $ in it.

How common was the Johnnson loaders on them? I see most all with the ARK & it seems top be built better and the controls are on the left, as mine is on the right & I see this being an issue when operating FEL while driving.

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Southern_Secret said:

Thank you @ebinmaine, im trying to get this beast running & make sure there is no huge problems with it before dump time and $ in it.

How common was the Johnnson loaders on them? I see most all with the ARK & it seems top be built better and the controls are on the left, as mine is on the right & I see this being an issue when operating FEL while driving.

I'm not sure on production numbers or years made...

As far as the controls go, I'll say this. I run different machines at home and at work. 

There are ups & downs to having controls on either side. 

Whatever way it's set up you'd get used to it and eventually the operation becomes about muscle memory. 

• Like 1