JPWH

Update on my treatment

Pullstart

Prayers you find the strength and courage to whoop this cancer and carry on your dreams!  

• Heart 7

Horse Newbie

You will be in my prayers tonight.

• Heart 7

stevebo

Best wishes to you buddy. Keep the faith. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 7

pfrederi

Stay Strong you will beat it

• Heart 4

rjg854

I'll be prayin' for you.  :pray:

• Heart 3

squonk

Stay strong @JPWH. Do you want me to refund the money for that tiller? Or is there someone close by that's going to the show that can grab it? 

• Excellent 2

JPWH

@squonk I'll see if someone can grab it and maybe hold it till next year if no one is close by.

• Like 2

D_Mac

I hate to say been there done that too, but I have. 3x cancer survivor here. Might soon to be 4x's. I have a biopsy scheduled in 2 weeks. It's no picnic going through it but it beats the alternative. I always say the mental battle is harder to overcome then the physical battle. Keep your spirits high. Stay in the fight. Don't be afraid to lean on family, friends, and who ever it is you pray to when needed. We are all here for you. As my bumper sticker on my truck reads " F#CK CANCER  " Hope all goes well for you.

• Heart 4

Brockport Bill
On 1/25/2024 at 7:15 PM, JPWH said:

On Dec 27 I had a regular scheduled colonoscopy that showed I have rectal cancer. I had an MRI and CT scan and was referred to an oncologist. The new plan is radiation and chemo pill for 5 weeks to shrink the tumor then a few weeks waiting and chemo port installed. I will then go through 6 chemo treatments over a six week period to kill all other cancer cells that may have spread. If all goes as planned I will have surgery sometime in the fall to remove the tumor.

This means I will not be able to make it to the big show because I will be taking chemo about then.

My dermatologist said the chemo will also wipe out my skin cancer.

So I get a twofer. I meet with the radiation Dr next Thursday to set up radiation treatments. I will also see the oncologist once a week to monitor blood work and progress throughout treatment.

Jay

here is some breaking news today -- good news on colon cancer -- https://nypost.com/2024/01/26/lifestyle/colon-cancer-could-be-stopped-by-turning-on-a-protein-like-a-light-switch-study/

• Like 2

Mickwhitt

Best wishes for your recovery from here in the UK. Stay strong through the tough times and a better day will surely come. 

• Heart 2

953 nut
19 hours ago, squonk said:

Stay strong @JPWH. Do you want me to refund the money for that tiller? Or is there someone close by that's going to the show that can grab it? 

19 hours ago, JPWH said:

@squonk I'll see if someone can grab it and maybe hold it till next year if no one is close by.

Consider it done!  Jay has a couple of parts tractors at his house that I haven't been able to retrieve yet. He picked them up for me last year while I was in the hospital and I would be happy to give his tiller a ride from the Big Show to his house. 

Jay, you are in our prayers and I look forward to seeing you again. 

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 4

squonk

Thanks Richard! @953 nut :banana-linedance:

• Like 2

JPWH
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Consider it done!  Jay has a couple of parts tractors at his house that I haven't been able to retrieve yet. He picked them up for me last year while I was in the hospital and I would be happy to give his tiller a ride from the Big Show to his house. 

Jay, you are in our prayers and I look forward to seeing you again. 

Thanks Dick. Looking forward to seeing you as well.

• Excellent 2

Sailman

So sorry to hear about the cancer but will be keeping you in our prayers.

Here are a couple links to alternative treatments. Take them with how ever many grains of salt you wish. A lot can be done with nutrition and supplements to restore the bodies own defenses. I am not making any claims just adding some information here that might be included with your planned treatment.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/category/cancer-treatments/

https://drkelley.net/2024/01/22/dr-william-d-kellys-nutritional-metabolic-therapy/#more-16080

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

JPWH

Thank you all for the words of encouragement and support. The treatments did not start as scheduled so was rescheduled for starting the 12th. Now that will be delayed because of the insurance company. I have been told treatments will begin on the 14th. The Dr. said the discomfort will subside after the first week of radiation so I'm ready to get started.

The pain has increased in the last 2 weeks that makes sitting very uncomfortable. I normally drive an average of 750 miles a week to perform my job so Tylenol has become a very good friend. I don't do pain meds well so 1 Tylenol every 5 hours or so works good.

Because sitting is so uncomfortable I spend all my off time in the shop but I get tired quickly so I find that small light tasks are best. That is why I started the shop reorganizing thread it keeps me off my rear, keeps me busy, and improves my workshop.

• Like 1
  • Heart 5

rjg854

My prayers are with you daily :pray:

Stay strong, Jay

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

JPWH

My radiation treatments have been put on hold with 7 more to go. My skin is so burnt the Dr wants to give it a long weekend to heal some. Tuesday was the last treatment and will resume on Monday if I heal enough. Good news is my oncologist is pleased with the blood work results. No additives needed yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3