Pullstart

Feeling Healthy - Diet, Weight Loss, Fasting

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

Mrs P says normally day two is the worst.  I told her I should just keep it at day 1 then, and split more!

For me, she's right. 

The 2nd and 3rd days are when I feel a good workout or work day.  

I like your logic!! 

• Like 1

Pullstart

I donated blood today.  It’s the first time I had my vitals checked since this whole thing.  I was hovering up around 140/95 or so for blood pressure at the beginning.  Today I’m 122/80.  That’s as close to textbook as I can get I think!

• Excellent 3

Pullstart

I’m still at it, mainly intermittent fasting and only eating what I feel I need for the most part.  I’m happy to report that I’ve busted into the 170’s!  179.6 is my official weigh in this morning.  22.8 lbs. 141.74 Big Macs!  :banana-linedance:

• Excellent 2

rmaynard

You guys have inspired me to try something new. After checking with my doctor, he has suggested that I try the 16:8 fasting regimen. Basically, I fast for 16 hours, then eat normally during the remaining 8 hours. My doc is a Hopkins trained guy, and he says to follow the Hopkins plan. So, I will fast 16 hours, 5:00 pm until 9:00 am. Then from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, I eat my regular diet. Other than 9:00 am breakfast (I usually eat at 6:30 am), there is not much different. I have been moving my evening meal forward due to some digestive issues, and it won't be too difficult to drop the snacks while watching TV at night. I only drink water during the day, and coffee twice in that same period. 

So with that in mind, starting tonight at 5:00 pm the adventure begins.

Current weight 231.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

16:8 fasting regimen

I've been wondering how you were doing Bob.

Great to see you in on this one.

As I've mentioned earlier I've made four or five changes to my meds and supplements routine in as many years. Hoping to find a balance.

Like me right now where I have a little bit more body aches and pains then I would like but... It's manageable and I feel better in other ways.

Returning is interesting because I've started doing the same thing with the fasting again.

Over the last couple weeks I've been fasting between 12 and 16 hours per 24, most days.

Lots and LOTS of water...

About a week and a half ago I was 273.6.

This morning I was 270.1.  

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

Great news guys!  For those of you who have smart phones and smart watches, my wife has recently gotten the “Simple” app.  She logs her intake, it adjusts her water needs based on foods and drinks consumed, and monitors her current blood sugar levels to adjust consumption as needed too.

3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Lots and LOTS of water

not the best for road trips, but having no trailer with us the last 3 days of driving, we stopped whenever we needed.  

My last check, I was at 175 even from 202.4 and feeling amazing!

• Excellent 3

Mikey the Monkey

@rmaynard...I have been doing this for 5+ years. The first 4 days was hard. Now I can't imagine going back to just eating and grazing all day. It is a good feeling when you know you are in control of your body and not your food cravings controlling you, if that makes sense. Your body will train itself to use its own stored energy so well. My eating window is 12-8pm. 

Edited by Mikey the Monkey
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Down about 4.5 lbs.  

• Excellent 1

rmaynard

I edited my previous where I said my current weight was 233. The calendar on the fridge said 231. Must have been a mistake here. Anyway, it's only been 5 days, my fasting schedule is 16:8, last food at 5:00 pm, first food at 9:00 am. That's not too difficult a schedule. I have been keeping the calories under 2000, with much lower carbohydrates and higher protein, and the results are in. Weight is up.

Next report, next Sunday 

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

. I have been keeping the calories under 2000, with much lower carbohydrates and higher protein, and the results are in. Weight is up.

That's pretty normal in particular if you were at a protein deficiency.  

It is absolutely possible that your body is correcting the amount of muscle you need for daily routine.  

• Like 1

ebinmaine

268.2 this morning. 

Likely I'll gain a bit over the next two or three days. 

We did a medium sized hike yesterday.  

Often after I expend that amount of energy I gain 2 to 5 lbs then lose it again.  

Woke up this morning so hungry I coulda ate the southbound end of a northbound skunk 🦨🦨🦨🦨.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Awesome news @rmaynard!  It takes about 4 hours to break down your last meal, so half of your fast, your body is consuming stored fats and energy one way or another.  As EB said, your body is learning a new thing.  Keep it up and you’ll feel the difference, possibly before you see it!

• Like 1

Pullstart

Lots of strenuous work the last few days.  I haven’t jumped on the scale, but I don’t much cars about any more weight loss, so long as I feel good.  I set up a good more handful of telephone poles, including drilling holes, expanding them with post hole diggers, then standing up the behemoths.  The poles needed to expand the layer coop run and move the geese in with them is complete!  EB and BBT whooped me on Zoom on Friday night, then yesterday we did a charity 5k for Addiction Awareness and Suicide Prevention.  The last mile, I pushed Jada and 6 year old Henry in the 4 wheeled wagon, running.  That was followed by putting up over 100’ of 6’ chain link fence then cutting up a downed tree.

I AM GASSED.

Today, the fun continues with some light heavyweight construction work to help my BIL and SIL pass their inspections to sell their home.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rmaynard
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Keep it up and you’ll feel the difference, possibly before you see it!

I'm hoping. I know that less than a week is no test. When I was your age, my wife would hate that I could lose 5 pounds in a week if I wanted to. As the body gets older, the metabolism changes. I will not give up without a fight until I lose a pound. :eusa-dance:

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

I weighed in today at 174.8.  It’s been a while since I saw that number…

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I weighed in today at 174.8.  It’s been a while since I saw that number…

AWESOME work Sir!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I was 267.+ Yesterday. 

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point that I'll be able to keep dropping and feel ok. 

:handgestures-thumbupright:

We'll be doing a pile of mountain biking and walking this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

I watch what you post on youtube and have enjoyed seeing those. Good job!! Everyone has to figure out what works for them, for me I have finally figured out carbs are my addiction. Most my grandfathers were alcoholics and so addiction run in the family. Once I learned to stay away from carbs, my life has changed for the better. 

I do intermitten fasting daily and just started adding some 36 hours fast. I can't believe my pain reduction and how good I feel when fasting for a day. 

I started this process a few years ago when my doc declared me type II diabetic. I weighed in a bit over 300 then and since then, I have reversed the diabetes and I'm down to 215. I eat keto for the most part.

I take blood pressure meds and now I am down to about 110/70 all the time. Hoping to get off the meds.  

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

What a success story @RandyLittrell!  You don’t need me to tell you keep it up, but keep it up!

Edited by Pullstart
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
54 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

believe my pain reduction and how good I feel

NIIIIICE work!!! 

• Thanks 1

Monstrosity

@Pullstart @ebinmaine @RandyLittrell great work!!! If i missed anyone else success story great work as well!!! I used to weigh 300lbs  in 2016 and once I learned my son was being born I joined a program called Training for Warriors TFW for short. I dropped 100lbs in 8 months the side by side shot was a year apart. I currently weigh 240lbs and fluctuate to 225lbs when I actually care what I eat drink lol... But since then I'm a group trainer for TFW and work with people in their 20's to people in there 60's. You guys are more than welcomed to ask me anything if you need! Screenshot_20230527_182838_Instagram.jpg.3165bb8de87d2816e31d1e07e5c39e17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

Pullstart

So awesome @Monstrosity!  Great work!

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Pullstart said:

So awesome @Monstrosity!  Great work!

Agreed!! 

rmaynard

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but during my fasting period,(started May 17) I was awakened at night with an AFib event two times. Mine is called paroxysmal AFib, meaning that it is not constant, but comes and goes at random, and rarely lasts more than 7 days. Mine has never lasted more than 10 hours, but it is scary none the less.  Going to my cardiologist on Tuesday and I will discuss the fasting issue with him. But in the meantime, I have stopped the fasting routine, added more walking, and am keeping the calories under 2000 per day. 

Not much progress. Weight keeps going up and down. Friday morning I was 229.7.

Todays weigh-in 230.6

• Like 3

Pullstart

Well done taking care of yourself carefully Bob.  Hope all is well with the ticker!

• Like 1