@giddyap I think it's looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!!  Here's a pic of my Rat Rod to help keep you motivated. :D

DSCN1060-min.thumb.JPG.af1023bb85c136066fda335ad114fe67.JPG

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

11 hours ago, giddyap said:

Hey ebinmaine,

I appreciate the babble.

Today I officially reunited with my tractor and enjoyed working on her all day long.

EXCELLENT

Seems like what you wrote could be true. Which raises the question, Are you in the mental

I'M SOMETHING MENTAL,  YES. .....

health business, a shrink, or do you just play one on the internet? Could it be, we are birds of the same feather,

FOR YOUR SAKE SIR, I HOPE NOT :ROTF:

not normal and not quite on center?

I am very lucky to run into a bunch of guys not only willing to share their expertise but have a genuine interest in my project. Really don't know where my interests will take me next but while I'm here I became a supporter to show my appreciation. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Can't wait until she's done because I'm not credible saying she is almost done. lol  Pictures next post 

NICE! 

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Haha 1

Hey ebinmaine,

Yep,

Mental must be the reason why U R 2 funny. 

Some pictures as promised. I cut the original fenders and joined them with fiberglass and then bondo overlay

Haven't decided on colors, but yellow would be great under the red. 

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02496.JPG

• Like 5

Achto,  

Wheelies, my wife says is that the reason I'm doing this? Well, yah!

I mounted 26x12-12 on standard wide rims only because 12" wide wheels were too wide. Might work out for the best because with a skinning footprint I will be able to peel out, throw dirt and wheel stand. Heck, I'm just guessing, I can't comprehend the power but your ride is really impressive. I will be modifying mine after I get it going. Remove the governor, add gas pedal, kill switch, clean up the brake and maybe a go-kart centrifuge clutch. Then I'm hauling it around town giving acquaintances a chance for a thrill ride. People don't appreciate our hobby including my brother, I hope to change that. I might even get a new trailer just to show off. One other thing, I always give over the road truck drivers a good L@@K whenever I haul a tractor.   

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

33 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

As a trucker. .... I'll say.... thanks !!

You're welcome, BTW I don't sit in your blind spot for miles when passing. Both my dad and brother drove so I may be among the few who respect your profession. My bro has been retired for a year, this will be his birthday present come March. 

DSC02500.JPG

• Excellent 3

3 hours ago, giddyap said:

birthday present

DSC02500.JPG

Love it !

7 hours ago, giddyap said:

I will be modifying mine after I get it going. Remove the governor, add gas pedal, kill switch, clean up the brake and maybe a go-kart centrifuge clutch.

I saw in on of your pics that you had added a free flow air cleaner. I did this on mine also, I ended up buying a set of small numbered drill bits so that I could resize the main jet. Before i resized the jet it would not run right unless the choke was on. If you remove the governor please keep in mind that the stock Predator fly wheel is only rated for 5000RPMs, you risk having it fly apart past that. Fun is fun, but I don't want to see any one get hurt.

The 6.5 Predator in mine is built to take 7000RPMs except for the fly wheel, ( that's where the money ran out on the build :confusion-shrug: ). For this reason I've kept the governor on mine. I can still pull the front tires off the ground using only throttle, no need to pop the clutch.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Ultra Sunoco and two pulls and she's alive, but not moving. Wrong belts I believe. The long belt with the WH pulleys is 1/2" wide. The engine pulleys are wider and I used a 5/8 wide belt. In all honesty of the many belts I now own, these were the right length so I gave them a try hoping for the best. Epic fail because there was still power with the clutch pushed in. 

DSC02508.JPG

DSC02506.JPG

DSC02505.JPG

DSC02504.JPG

DSC02503.JPG

• Like 2

My buddy was in my area and picked up an RJ and Suburban. They were kinda odd, the one with a suburban axle had a bolt together trans and cut off hood (no round dash). The other had the straight axle smooth hood with the plain rounded section but no transaxle. He had a WH reel mower and accepted some of my parts for a moldboard plow that came along with the tractors. 

He also gave me a few ideas for the one problem preventing my inaugural ride. Photo when I can figure how to post. 

Edited by giddyap
  • Like 2

This photo goes to post #61       RJ -Suburban and modified Suburban

IMG_20180219_145244194 (1).jpg

Edited by giddyap
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

:text-coolphotos:        The RJ would be a 1955 or 1956 and the Suburban would be a 1960 or 1961.

Your Hot Rod is lookin Goooood!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:        The RJ would be a 1955 or 1956 and the Suburban would be a 1960 or 1961.

Your Hot Rod is lookin Goooood

Thank-you! 

Still playing around with the belts. Can't shift with them moving. The long belt is 1/2" wide and could be the problem''. IF a 3/8 wide belt does the same thing, I'll just get a go kart centrifugal clutch 

DSC02515.JPG