I can't seem to locate the oil plug on the transmission/hydro of the C161 auto.  Can someone please show me where the heck it is!?!?  I would think it was right on the bottom somewhere near the filter but I do not see or feel anything that looks like a oil drain.....

Thanks for your help,

Eric

It is a 1/4" allen plug.  Located just to the left of the piece of the hitch that goes forward under the tranny.  it is usually filled up with dirt so it is hard to see and it doesn't stick out much at all

• Like 2

I love your user name,Horse's ass! LOL!!!!:lol:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lak1965

New used fork from ebay shifter assembly with spring and bearings. Tomorrow I will upload a picture of a tool we made to reinstall the fork keeping spring and ball in place.
    • By KC9KAS
      I am needing the parking brake handle (as it is called) for a C-160, as well as the "spacer".
      My spacer and lever are wore to the point that they actually jam while trying to move the lever.
      Thanks in advance.

This is the lever on the right side of the tunnel that is lifted to release the idler pulley on the belt, and to put the transmission into PARK.
      I looked up part numbers and from 1975 to 1977 all were the same on the B-100's C-120's and the C-160's.
    • By kbousquet
      Toro Wheelhorse 314 Hydrostatic transmission, 14 hp Kohler magnum runs and mows good. It has a power bagger, 48" mower deck with new blades, new dozer plow, wheel weights and chains. Used to cut lawn but upgraded machine, I never even used the plow. 1500 obo

• By 'garGuyPaulie
      Hello all - I have a 1990 312-8 that recently started being a pain to shift, and eventually it stopped shifting into 1st and reverse and was hard to get into 2nd and 3rd. After looking at some posts on here I discovered the possibility that a loose shifter could cause this problem. My shifter definitely had a lot of play in it so I proceeded to pull the seat, rear plate and shift plate off the tractor so I could get to the area where the shifter goes into the transmission. I removed the shifter, reseated it and got the dog head screw lined up in the shifter donut and was hoping that would fix the issue, but after getting it all reassembled and trying to shift even into 2nd or 3rd the shifter, while not as sloppy, now just turns side to side - taking it back out and inspecting the shifter I have discovered that the pin which holds the donut in place on the shifter has sheered and the donut is now able to free spin on the shaft. Not too much of a problem as I plan on just pressing the old pin out and replacing, however I am concerned that the ball on the end of the shifter seems to be getting pretty flattened off on the left and right sides of the ball. I tried looking up a replacement on Toro and several other parts websites but I can't find one anywhere - I can get the boot, everyone has those, but no shifter. My question is, does anyone know where I might be able to find a new shifter and more important, is a little flattening on the ball anything to worry about? 

Also, with the shifter out, looking down the hole my transmission looks like it's full of mud! Definitely doesn't look like the gear oil I put in it - anyone know what could be causing the transmission gear oil to be sludging up like that? 
    • By mikeystones
      Has anyone tried to link two trans. Together