WHX??

Denny's Free Suburban Work

WHX??
6 hours ago, achto said:

could always start the aging process

May take you up on that for a heat shield I got coming

WHX??

Well got to finnish this girl up this weekend. Got all the little pesky things sorted out and figured how it best starts and runs. First pull cold,  choke and no throttle and it starts right up. choke untill it warms a little. You guys know how it is learning a new to us engine on the best way to cold/hot start it. Just like a woman gotta play with it a bit first! 4 hp Clinton runs strong and that little bit of porting & polishing payed off.  Still have the minor issue of the belt not stopping when clutched so  just have to make a belt stop of sorts. Seems to be better after the new belt settles into the pullies.

Special thanks to @Racinbob, @stevasaurus, @achto &  @Shynon for their help and all the others who chimed in with pictures and good advice!

So off to the next project... a refresh of the 401, Matts pedal kit & maintenance on the 520, the 1067 resto, search for a 702 to do up in candy apple red for the Missus .... the list is endless!

A few parting glamor shots....

20160814_090800.jpg

20160814_090907.jpg

20160814_090927.jpg

A few with her brother and sister roundhoods!

20160814_091619.jpg

20160814_091716.jpg

• Like 9

Achto

Looking great! :handgestures-thumbupright: Nice collection of the lil ones.

• Like 1

Shynon

Looks great Jim. Bringing to Pioneer Power? 

WHX??

You bet Tom... shoulda had it done for the BS...

WHX??

Holy smokes my bad... almost forgot to thank @Dennys502 for the tractor...he pretty much took a blind leap of faith in whether or not I  would save it, parts it out or even scrap it for beer money!

• Like 1

WHX??

Also just for guys that are considering doing this here's what I approximately have in it.

Tires  & tubes 90

Motor machine work  80

Motor parts, gaskets, valves & recoil 140

Tranny  parts stuff  from Jake  (thanks @Jake Kuhn ) 130

Misc stuff - paint, hardware, odds & ends 40 

Fishing trip with my sweetie to pick it up... priceless.

Note this doesn't include gas money to go running about getting things. While I am sure I could have done it cheaper It was the right way to do it. Lots of guys would have just slapped the tranny back together and not worried if the motor smoked. Not in my nature tho and as the old saying goes if you don't have the time to do it right when will you have the time to do it over?

• Like 4

WHX??

Another I forgot to... many thanks to enlightenment from @CasualObserver for advice and telling me to leave that rogue WV licence plate registration sticker on the front of the hood...said it adds character ...he was right..

I get questions on it and I have no clue.... maybe if that sticker could talk who knows the story it would tell????

Edited by WHX7
  • Like 2

Dennys502

The Tractor came from West Virginia. The owner had issues with a Toro Product and somewhere in the process he offered the tractor if someone wanted it. One of the designers told me about it and I acquired it.

WHX??

Glad you chimed in on it Denny - Turned out real nice and I'm glad I didn't paint it! Down side is having reoccurring recoil problems and gonna need a new carb I fear. It ran great for awhile but now starts hard and won't throttle up. Throttle shaft wobbly in the body so we know what that means. Thing I can't figure out is why it didn't show itself when rebuilding the carb, I know I checked it several times for this common problem on old carbs.

• Like 1