kylcon

73 horse with no name

kylcon

Hi everyone, Im searching for the key ignition switch for my horse , it has   start ,run, run with accessories, and off ,the problem is that the pto wont engage unless its in the on accessorie  and my switch you have to hold the key up to get it to work , also getting off the subject Im in search of tie rod ends on front steering any input would be helpfull trying to get pics downloaded but not having much luck model # 1  0465  8    Ser#962679  Sorry I not able to send any photos at this time!!  Thank-You for any help!!

953 nut

A 103-990 ignition switch will not have the Run with accessories position but will perform all other functions needed and your  PTO can be connected to the "A" terminal.

Lowell @wheelhorseman has all the steering parts you'll need. https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/steering/

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Looks like Richard has you covered on the switch.        Did you ever get the deck mounted correctly?

To download pictures,  Before you click on the submit reply button, click on the choose files tab at the lower left. This should take you to your photo albums.  Open the picture and it should load a thmubnail below. Click on the + sign on the thumbnail and it will be entered in your post.

• Like 1

kylcon

Thanks for your answers , So I take it there is no replacement for the original switch anymore , the A terminal will mean the PTO will be live all the time then right will that hurt the PTO ?

The piictures Im  still having a hell of a time with I cant get them to my laptop to add or make a separate file to download  its a moto razor 9 laptop is new so just thinking it works better with I phones

laptop is hooked up with my phone usually tells me its downloading pics but where it putting them only it knows it like its best kept secret lol I will figure this out just not sure when 4 hrs+ so far trying

953 nut
21 minutes ago, kylcon said:

A terminal will mean the PTO will be live all the time then right will that hurt the PTO ?

The wire that feeds your PTO switch will be powered any time the engine is running. You can turn off the PTO switch when not using the PTO.

• Like 1

kylcon

Thanks for your answers , So I take it there is no replacement for the original switch anymore , the A terminal will mean the PTO will be live all the time then right will that hurt the PTO ?

The piictures Im  still having a hell of a time with I cant get them to my laptop to add or make a separate file to download  its a moto razor 9 laptop is new so just thinking it works better with I phones

laptop is hooked up with my phone usually tells me its downloading pics but where it putting them only it knows it like its best kept secret lol I will figure this out just not sure when 4 hrs+ so far trying

Thanks 953 nut ! so in actually running a other wire from the PTO switch to the A terminal on the ignition to get it to work like that?

Also to Eds Horses Yes deck is fine now just a few adjustments here and there trial and error of course aliitle of this a little of dis a little of dat and perfect ! lol Thanks! I wish getting the pics would go that easy!

• Like 1

kylcon

Thanks 953 nut ! so in actually running a other wire from the PTO switch to the A terminal on the ignition to get it to work like that?

Also to Eds Horses Yes deck is fine now just a few adjustments here and there trial and error of course aliitle of this a little of dis a little of dat and perfect ! lol Thanks! I wish getting the pics would go that easy! 

Sorry im sure there is a way to answer each person with their answers im not familiar enough with this site yet, sorry for the inconvenience !

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

You're doing fine.   Keep working on the pics.   Maybe one of our computer/smart phone gurus will chime in to offer you some help.    

If you want to address a persons post, you can click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of their post. Their entire post will appear in your next post.

To alert a member, type @ and the first few letters of their name .   Then click on their name when it appears on the drop down.   Their name will appear in blue and they will receive a notice that you called.     example= @kylcon

kylcon
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

kylcon

@Ed's  well Im not doing some right again ? lol

kylcon

Thanks quest, I looked them up and think im goint to order it from KY i think, $14.50 and looks like my plug should work with it > I appreciate everything everyone on this site has helped me with its going good!!

Thank-You!!!

• Like 1

oliver2-44
10 hours ago, kylcon said:

@Ed's  well Im not doing some right again ? lol

When you type @ed   a drop down menu will open and you find the name you are looking for and click on it. That will put the name in highlighted background text into your document. 

kylcon
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

When you type @ed   a drop down menu will open and you find the name you are looking for and click on it. That will put the name in highlighted background text into your document. 

@oliver2-44   Alright I think I got this now couldnt get to come up with the names I was looking for like for Ed and Gwest I just tryed to message Ed this and when i was typing the illustration using the   "at"

symbal then it came up withe his name because I was getting name choices but none were his same gwest with gwes I thought it was Qwest so thats why it wasnt working on his name   lol !! thanks for your help the schematics and all the info from everyone here you guys are awsome !!

• Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, kylcon said:

I was looking for like for Ed and Gwest I just tryed to message Ed   "at"

symbal  his name because I was getting name choices but none were his same gwest with gwes I thought it was Qwest so thats why it wasnt working on his name   

OK, @kylcon,  sounds like you got it.   Yes, the first few letters of the name must be typed in exactly as they appear.    Mine must be @Ed K.       The space and the upper case must be there.

• Like 1

953 nut
4 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

OK, @kylcon,  sounds like you got it.   Yes, the first few letters of the name must be typed in exactly as they appear.    Mine must be @Ed K.       The space and the upper case must be there.

@Ed Kennell    the function that provides member notification is not case sensitive, I just typed @ed k  and your link came up.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

@953 nut    Right you are Richard.    Interesting, if you type in lower case it displays upper case names first on the list.    Looks like you do need the space and at least three letters.

• Like 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

if you type in lower case it displays upper case names first

:confusion-confused:                  Computers are soooooooooooooooo smart!

• Haha 1

kylcon
11 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

@953 nut    Right you are Richard.    Interesting, if you type in lower case it displays upper case names first on the list.    Looks like you do need the space and at least three letters.

yep @Ed Kennell  I think Im on a roll now LOL sill trying to figure phone out I think thats the culprit on not getting pics to laptop taking it to verizon maybe they can  tell me something thats not right or turned off or something  ???  who knpws  Thank-You and evryone for the help man you guys are lifesavers !!!!!

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1