Rod

1973 Rader 8 Tractor

Rod

Looking for opinions. What do you think this tractor with mowing deck is worth? One owner always garaged well taken care of. 

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4440.JPG

IMG_4442.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

That is a nice looking Raider.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

WHX??

Looking to buy or sell or just give it to me? .....:ph34r: :lol:

The seat looking like that that's a 800 all day and a buyer don't like it go shop in a big box for one like it.  Somebody's showin that one some love. 

• Like 2

squonk

A running beat up WH with a usable deck is worth $700 all day. Judge accordingly.

• Like 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, squonk said:

A running beat up WH with a usable deck is worth $700 all day. Judge accordingly.

Agree with that too but around here folks think that guys crazy for askin that 'cause is just an antique tractor & they don't know what we do. Some yuppie buys it and it breaks he gonna think he just wasted his money when we say yay it broke I get to fix it! :banana-wrench:

They also think that "only 8 HP" that one at home cheapo is 20 and only a thou more. Again they just don't know what we do. 

Older crowd like us go "ya I remember :wh: they were a solid machine...I'll give ya $xxxxx for it". 

• Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

Is that the origonal paint??     That's one sweet Raider.       Luv the Raider style PTO engagement and a an old school spring loaded mule drive.

If I could see a street sign in that piic, I would be there this afternoon with a pocket of cash.

rjg854

@Ed Kennell  he's in your neck of the woods, jump on it :thumbs:

Ed Kennell
16 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

@Ed Kennell  he's in your neck of the woods

I know Randy, but I don't know the address.

• Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      Small Engine Shop in Avon Closing. Liquidating all equipment, tools, manuals, engine rebuilding tools, shop equipment, storage, tool boxes… 40 years of twisting wrenches has left me with a pile of tools.  All name brand items, no junk.  Want to sell, don’t NEED to sell.  Prices are very fair.  I’m here full time if you want to stop by and poke around.  

• WVHillbilly520H
      By WVHillbilly520H
      Stumbled across this last evening thought I would share as I grew up on these old orange machines... @ACman @ebinmaine @Achto @PeacemakerJack @pullstart and any body else that likes all things tractor.... https://www.agriculture.com/machinery/tractors/the-tractor-that-put-horses-to-pasture
    • JoeM
      By JoeM
      I was reminiscing the other day with a WH friend about some of the trips we have taken to pick up Horses. It made me wonder how far some of us have traveled to buy a Wheel Horse. I am sure I have not went the farthest and would guess I would land in the middle of the road trip pack.
      I picked up a 520 once in Indiana 5 1/2 hours one way. (that is probably my limit!).
      Anybody else?

• ztnoo
      By ztnoo
      Found another huge Wheel Horse auction in Ohio of a deceased collector, ART PEOPLES .
      Sale bill states :
      "45 WHEEL HORSE LAWN TRACTORS IN ALL SIZES INCLUDING TWIN CYLINDER MODERN ONES, SEVERAL CUB CADETS & JOHN DEERE, LOTS OF ACCESSORIES, ROTO TILLERS, SNOW BLOWERS, WHEEL HORSE PARTS, ENGINES, OLD REPAIR MANUALS, GENERATORS, LOTS OF SCRAP METAL, TIRES & RIMS, LAWN CARTS, LAWN TOOLS, SPRAYERS, YOU NAME IT."
      Location is about half way between Dayton and Springfield.  http://maps.google.com/maps?q=219%20W%2E%20MAIN%20ST%2E%20MEDWAY%2C%20OH

Listing:  http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2713039&kwd=Wheel%20Horse&zip=&category=0&utm_source=azemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alerts
      Pics:  http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2713039&category=0&zip=&kwd=Wheel%20Horse

This one looks to be of about same size as the other OH Wheel Horse auction I posted about one months ago. Can't believe this one is scheduled the same day as Portland.