daveoman1966

Dozer Blade INDEX Lever and Rod

daveoman1966

Dimensions to make item #20---Index Lever--- and item #19--Steel Wire and item # 29--Lower Rod are shown in attached pictures.  

Large

INDEX LEVER - Copy.jpg

doz 013.JPG

doz 014.JPG

doz 015.JPG

doz 016.JPG

doz 017.JPG

doz 018.JPG

doz 023.JPG

Edited by daveoman1966
wrong pics
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ri702bill

All:

If you have to make part #20, I strongly suggest you explore the option of installing 1/2" Heim Joints instead of doing the 90-degree tight bends. I did this last fall, NO regrets. Perhaps @peter lena and @ebinmaine can add their thoughts. NO more fiddling with washers and either hairpin clips or cotter pins. Replaceable if they wear out - What's not to like ??

P4030166.JPG

P4030167.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

JohnD

Nice!  Thanks.  I need to bend my #19 by hand  to get the plow to release from the tilt-to-the-left position handle nearest the driver seat).  This will come in handy when I rework things. 

• Like 2

peter lena

, @John D  did my set up years ago, still very smooth and easy , the lack of smooth linkage movement , zero lubrication , that quadrant area , is key for movement ease , is that quadrant slide pin , rusty ?  was just out with mine , every rusty spot should be detail lubricated , my lever squeeze handle reaction to that quadrant  slide pin , slides like a rifle pin , with no effort . that lever set up should just click and slide , no effort .  my heim joint set up is similar to @ebinmaine  . built my plows on milk crates , on a roller stool , to detail and eliminate stiff operation .  crate built , will be exactly what you bolt on your tractor , make it work easy first then bolt it on . all my linkage points are washer / lubrication snug , looking at what you have , I  can sense your  frustration . this is not a major problem , detail function / fit ,and lubrication at every spot . wish you luck , pete 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

Dimensions to make

Excellent Dave. 

Thanks for posting this.  

Absolutely agree with @ri702bill and @peter lena about the heim joints. 

I haven't yet added them to my own plow. It's in the to-do lists.  

I do use them for steering tie rods. 

HUGE difference.  

• Like 1

peter lena

@JohnD  note that index lever is on backwards , that squeeze lever was the initial set up , incorrectly , if the lever was closer  was closer to the hood area , it would help on leverage advantage , making the , steering quadrant swing easier , of course , grease on the quadrant top / bottom  ensures its easy operation. look at the index drawing , look at @ri702bill picture even that is not snug up against its mount setting .  all of these details add up to difficult operation . done a number of these plow frame set ups , when built correctly , with lubrication detail , they swing without effort . make sure you grease the quadrant spring mounted lever pin , should slide with ease .  keep it greasy , pete

• Like 1

stevasaurus

@peter lena  The squeeze lever may have been set up right for another horse.  They were made to be able to turn to make the bend either go in or out depending on which horse you have.  I had to reverse mine on the B-100 so it would slip by the foot ramps.  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

daveoman1966

The 'squeeze' lever is OEM part # 5107...  Index Lever.  It can be had on E-bay for $30 bux...   More than one is listedl  It is Ebay item # 313796004514.  (This is NOT my listing).

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 1

peter lena

@stevasaurus , yes those squeeze levers , can easily be turned around , to fit the application , typically done some experimenting on its function . minimizing drag or rubbing , think its the quadrant slide pin , RETURN SPRING  thats the boss of that set up . pop off the plow head quadrant access covers to detail lubricant , makes that quad , and blade swing without effort . set my plow / frame  up on milk crates , ensuring its easy movement , squeeze lever should slide / click into place at every step, at least mine does . then I  hook up the frame to horse , and it works the same way ! what a concept !  know this will infuriate others , but it works for me , btw , keep it greasy , pete   

• Thanks 1