c-series don

My new to me 17hr LSE signed by Cecil Pond

DennisThornton

Absolutely incredible!  Story and machine!  Perhaps you would write that, or just print off what you shared here, stuff it in an envelope and then into a couple of plastic bags and attach it somewhere sheltered on that beautiful machine.  That story is part of the interest and value of that machine and I'd hate to think that someday they would part and the story be lost.

Excellent!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

mrc

SWEEET!!!  great story and it has indeed found a good home.

regards mike in mass.

• Like 2

Jennifer
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I’m thinking either left blank, or Mark’s name in his honor.  Then again, it’s not in my garage to make that call.  

Blank personally!

• Like 1

Achto

Beautiful machine!!! Congratulations.

As for the tag, I vote for keeping it blank.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I’m thinking either left blank, or Mark’s name in his honor.  Then again, it’s not in my garage to make that call.  

8 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Make a second exact reproduction plate to your liking, save the original. No harm / no foul. I would think something like this would be within the capabilities of a local trophy shop.

I like both of those ideas.  

@c-series don

Absolutely beautiful tractor. 

It's most assuredly in the right home. 

• Like 4

echris

When I worked at the dealer, we got a grand total of 1 of those in stock. It sat in the showroom in the special spot like the king of the universe.

I remember uncrating it with a sense of wonder. 17-ish year old me didn't know what was inside, just expected a "regular" WH to assemble.

"Chrome wheels? Chrome muffler? Lookit the freakin' seat!"

Such a perfect example of a gorgeous machine. Enjoy it!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Just  my :twocents-02cents: on the plate Don leave it blank or have one made in all just PO' names if you know who they are . Just set then on the hood for display and /or exhibits.  I am quite sure with seeing your other exhibits you will not need much coaching. Still hopefully  have dibs on the planter! :lol:

We sure are happy this Horse is under your reins! 

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

echris

Great idea! I love it.

I'm not an aficionado like many of you guys here, but to me, this is the finest example of a survivor I've ever seen. And it has a beautiful story to go along with it!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

echris

Now I'm going to ask the real question:

@c-series don, when you sit on it, are you wearing new hospital booties, gloves and a Tyvek suite?

Just sayin' is all.

• Haha 7

c-series don

@WHX?? I’m only the second owner! @echris when I sit on it I’m wearing a huge smile I can tell you that! Also always check my back pockets to make sure I don’t have a screwdriver or something in them! 

• Excellent 4

echris
25 minutes ago, c-series don said:

when I sit on it I’m wearing a huge smile I can tell you that! 

I believe the term you were looking for is S.E.G. $h1t eatin' grin.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Ifixoldjunk

Incredible story. That is the kind of machine to keep stored away as a piece of art. It’s definitely at a good home👏

• Like 1

rjg854
11 hours ago, Ifixoldjunk said:

Incredible story. That is the kind of machine to keep stored away as a piece of art. It’s definitely at a good home👏

Oh so true, I know if I had it, I'd just have to parade it around. On sunny, dry summer days.  I'm sorry, but I wouldn't own a tractor I did not use, but this one is a "Piece of Art".

• Excellent 1

WHX??
12 hours ago, c-series don said:

@WHX?? I’m only the second owner!

If that's the case then Don  and the PO was a cool dude maybe have the plate engraved in "in memory of" with original owner's name. ?? Just food for thought.  Bet his widow would like that. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I don't know who @Pullstart is trying to kid...he would name the tractor...maybe "King Midas" ???  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I don't know who @Pullstart is trying to kid...he would name the tractor...maybe "King Midas" ???  :ROTF:

Better than naming my next one Steve Too!  (“Steve” is already taken y’all)

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@c-series don

Are you one of us "tractor naming" nut cases? 

WHX??

Bet he don't EB ... he ain't one of those tractor naming kooks like you or the Hosen........ :ychain: Well maybe the Hosen is excused he's got younguns to entertain! :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

maybe the Hosen is excused he's got younguns to entertain

In my realm I AM the young'un. 

SylvanLakeWH
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

In my realm I AM the young'un. 

:scared-eek:

• Haha 1

c-series don

@rjg854 I’m only going to take it out when the weather is nice to keep the fluids moving and to the occasional show, and of course the Big Show! @WHX?? I’ve thought about having Mark’s name engraved it . As I matter of fact I was hoping that it was that way when I bought it. Even contacted his wife a couple days after the show and asked her about it, she took a picture of it blank and sent it to me.  @ebinmaine I’ve never named any of my tractors, however I sometimes refer to them as my babies just to aggravate my wife!!😜🤣

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, c-series don said:

I’ve never named any of my tractors, however I sometimes refer to them as my babies just to aggravate my wife!!😜🤣

That's close enough for me and for the best possible reason. 

Don't you dare tell her I said that either!

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

WheelHorse520H

Cool story, excellent looking machine. You’re making me jealous.

• Excellent 1

Brockport Bill

I had commented on the Tractor and the story a few days ago -- but wanted to ask about your lift table? Is that custom  -- or if purchased, would you be kind enough to share the mfg company, make and model, and a link if you have one - Congrats again on your addition. Gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

c-series don

I purchased my lift table from Harbor Freight, it’s a motorcycle lift table that I made a wider top for out of two sheets of 3/4” plywood. I cut it down to something like 42”X72” then banded it with poplar to hide and protect the end grain of the plywood. Funny thing was when I went to purchase the plywood 3/4” CDX was $82.00 a sheet, I was shocked!! I then turned around in the same isle and saw 3/4” furniture grade oak plywood for $60.00. One sheet was slightly damaged in the corner so I got it for $50.00! I painted it and got a nice big Wheel Horse decal for the center. Still have to make a proper ramp to get the tractor on and off the table. Oh and had to extend the foot pedal because of the wider top by simply welding a piece of 4”x 3/4” box tubing to it. 

• Like 1