Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

Tank top about 1/2 done.

17070164466442377905236354281406.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

About 75% !

20240204_112355.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Grrr still not satisfied. Layer adhesion between walls is terrible.I've gotta upgrade the machines before anything PETG comes out right I guess.

17071435908414808390389481774753.jpg

• Sad 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Also a definate size difference, dunno how that compares to the ritchie99 aluminum.

17071438560322835295889568762469.jpg

• Sad 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Ok, I believe I have found my next large format printer! It will take a while to save up for, but it will replace the existing ones and hopefully handle those durn dashes etc. with ease.

• Excellent 3

jeff.ruggieri

You've done some great work! Is there any chance I could get the STL for the GT-14 Dash Plate? I would love to try and print one for a family friend. 

Wheel Horse 3D
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jeff.ruggieri said:

You've done some great work! Is there any chance I could get the STL for the GT-14 Dash Plate? I would love to try and print one for a family friend. 

It should be under the manuals section, wheelhorse3d

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

jeff.ruggieri
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

It should be under the manuals section, wheelhorse3d

That was my bad, didn't know you needed to be a support to download. I'm able to download now, but when I do so I'm getting the control panel instead of the dash plate. Tried downloading the control panel too to see if maybe the files got mixed up or something, and I get the same thing from there. 

Edited by jeff.ruggieri

Wheel Horse 3D

You are indeed correct, that file appears to be the tunnel cover controls. Lemme see if they're switched. Either way I'll have it corrected to.orrow.

Wheel Horse 3D
Posted (edited)

Yep somehow I ended up with console/ tunnel cover for both! I'll correct that in the morning and get the Dash plate uploaded. If anyone manages to get a good 2 color result in petg or abs let everyone know! Until I get a machine up and running that will so those nice, lots of folks are looking for one. @jeff.ruggieri

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

@jeff.ruggieriThe GT 14 Dash file has been corrected and is now available for download!

jeff.ruggieri
57 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

@jeff.ruggieriThe GT 14 Dash file has been corrected and is now available for download!

Got it now, thanks so much! Will try printing this weekend and let you know how it goes. 

Wheel Horse 3D
1 hour ago, jeff.ruggieri said:

Got it now, thanks so much! Will try printing this weekend and let you know how it goes. 

That would be great. We've been working on getting some of these done, and the 'ol enders just aren't up to the task!

jeff.ruggieri
19 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

That would be great. We've been working on getting some of these done, and the 'ol enders just aren't up to the task!

It's going to be tricky for me, my bed isn't quite big enough to print it flat so I need to angle it and use supports - but I think it'll work. I've been able to print at an angle with PLA, so fingers crossed PETG works as well. Worst case I'll split it in half and find a good way to join them together once printed.

Wheel Horse 3D

What size is your bed? ABS is extremely easy to chemically weld with acetone, or acetone abs slurry. I really haven't tried that with PETG but good ol super glue works pretty well. My larger machines are 12". You might be able to cut at the fold line and squeeze on a 8 or 10 inch bed, but I'm sure it would be tight.

jeff.ruggieri
Posted (edited)

I was able to print it by splitting in half, then having them welded together. But then after I got that going, I figured out how to get the right angle and the right supports to be able to print in one piece, and it came out perfectly. 

My bed is just over 10” x 10”, by the way. 

IMG_5460.jpeg

Edited by jeff.ruggieri
  • Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jeff.ruggieri said:

I was able to print it by splitting in half, then having them welded together. But then after I got that going, I figured out how to get the right angle and the right supports to be able to print in one piece, and it came out perfectly. 

My bed is just over 10” x 10”, by the way. 

IMG_5460.jpeg

Awesome!  Might try adjusting your extrusion factor a little to smooth out the surface or maybe ironing?

I did these without ironing, but my second color just won't make it with these printers.

17121811678362912282747727340206.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

jeff.ruggieri
3 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Awesome!  Might try adjusting your extrusion factor a little to smooth out the surface or maybe ironing?

I did these without ironing, but my second color just won't make it with these printers.

17121811678362912282747727340206.jpg

I’m still very new to FDM printing, just started like a month ago, so I really haven’t dug into settings yet. This was kinda a project to learn a bit more about the software (like how to add manual supports), but the guy I printed it for is THRILLED!  

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, jeff.ruggieri said:

I’m still very new to FDM printing, just started like a month ago, so I really haven’t dug into settings yet. This was kinda a project to learn a bit more about the software (like how to add manual supports), but the guy I printed it for is THRILLED!  

Sharing ideas and 3d print knowledge is exactly what this thread is for, especially related to Wheel Horse items! I'd cut out a small section of the dash in your slicer as a test area and save it as a test. then adjust your flow rate 5% at a time up or down till you see the best result.I actually do this on the fly using the machine flow rate adjustment till I know i'm close then fine tune in the slicer from there. If I know which machine and slicer, I can actually be much more specific, just shoot me a message If ya need any tips at all. There are literally thousands of variable combinations which can affect your results, but temp and flow rate usually get ya really close.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D